How To Download Torrents "VERY" effectively-By NR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
i dont get u .......
He wants to mean that,
get the tracker list from Torrentz.com
Launch ur torent client(I use uTorrent, so telling u uTorrent way).
Load torrent.
U get an initial screen showing details about the loaded torrent.
Go to Advanced tab from here.
Here u'll c a textarea havin the trackers for the torrent.
Paste the new trackers at this place providing a line gap.
bas u r done.

This is a manual and lengthy process of what u've suggested;):)

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
they have mentioned there regarding the revivng up the dead torrents ...not starting a new torrent with my method.... :-D :-D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@NR, I tried it; it seems to be working. But in case of private trackers, its not:(.
Not ur fault, but my problem persists.

Anyway, nice tutorial, me continuing it from now on:)

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks buddy for the feedback ...

you are the first to report back...

ya i have mentioned it in my disadvantages ... it works poorly on private trackers... as the tracker is from the private site itself...

my advice would be ... try the same thing you want to download from a public tracker...

i mean search it there and if u didn't find it , then go for the private trackers ....

please do use this method all time you download a torrent

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Naveen, after using ur procedure for quite a while, I think theoretically its full proof but practically if the added trackers are also can't provide any new seeds u r in deep sh33t.

Faced d same situation for ahem,cough,cough d/l a linux distro cough, cough (winter a gaya kaya?) for 3 days it downloading with 2.3KBps with at max speed 5KBps. Its pawning Broadband speed.

Conclusion, if d torrent is a bit popular u'll get seeds even without adding new trackers, following Naveen's procedure increases chance of completing d/l within projected time but can't gurrantee.
AND its ur bad luck if d torrent is a bit old and the main tracker is himself providing less than 10 seeds. Adding more trackers can't save u. (Its ur sheer good luck if after adding new tracker u get more seeds)

prasad_den

Padawan
Tried this method right now with a *cough* *cough* (its very colddd here :D ) Linux distro... Speeds have increased, as have the no. of seeds and peers, but the increase in speed is marginal only in my case.. Probably thats because I'm already getting maxed out speeeds (~102 kBps down; ~97kBps up) with the default trackers only.. Will try some other torrent with less seeds and check it out..
Thanks...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Naveen, after using ur procedure for quite a while, I think theoretically its full proof but practically if the added trackers are also can't provide any new seeds u r in deep sh33t.

Faced d same situation for ahem,cough,cough d/l a linux distro cough, cough (winter a gaya kaya?) for 3 days it downloading with 2.3KBps with at max speed 5KBps. Its pawning Broadband speed.

Conclusion, if d torrent is a bit popular u'll get seeds even without adding new trackers, following Naveen's procedure increases chance of completing d/l within projected time but can't gurrantee.
AND its ur bad luck if d torrent is a bit old and the main tracker is himself providing less than 10 seeds. Adding more trackers can't save u. (Its ur sheer good luck if after adding new tracker u get more seeds)

as i have said early.. if the specific torrent u are downloading is from a private tracker or after uploading ur torrent to reannouncer site.. and lists are all same regarding the tracker .. then you can decide that the torrent u are about to download is either dead ( this i for reviving dead torrent ) or slow speed ( u are starting a new torrent using this method )

this time i was about to download a comedy f!lm and when i first started without this mehtod .. i had only 24 seeders.. but after uploading to reannouncer site , the seeder list was pumped upto 200K + seeders... and speeds were awesome... ( anyway u cant get more than u have subscribed speed ) i got a maxxed out speed of 30-34 kbps on my 256 kbps all time which is great considering i used to have only 25-30 kbps prev using the torrents....

anyway thnks for reporting back :)

Tried this method right now with a *cough* *cough* (its very colddd here :D ) Linux distro... Speeds have increased, as have the no. of seeds and peers, but the increase in speed is marginal only in my case.. Probably thats because I'm already getting maxed out speeeds (~102 kBps down; ~97kBps up) with the default trackers only.. Will try some other torrent with less seeds and check it out..
Thanks...

thats wht i am saying .. u can max out ur bandwidth ... using this method... as seeder are pumped up and u wont dry go with seeders ...:-D:-D

i suggest u to use this method whenever u try to start a new torrent... fro the beginning itself...

Thanks... Will try it next time..

thnks ... use it and please do report it back:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom