how to boot into my infected PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devips

Broken In
My PC has been infected by virus ( allaple B for sure, there could be others) and the problem is I cannot boot even through the setup CD. After a few initial steps, the machine declares inability to load setupdd.sys file, and asks for a restart. Nothing changes after the restart. By the way, My OS is windows xp SP2.
Please suggest a way I can boot into the machine and disinfect it.

Another passing thought. I hooked on a new 19 incher monitor (LG 194WT) yesterday replacing my old Benq 15 incher. Can that be a reason?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Your CD or your CD Drive might be at fault for the unable-to-boot-up case.

Monitor's not the reason. Get Linux'd and free yourself, or simply get a new XP CD or whichever Windows you use.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I wld try using another cd. It has happened to me loads of time with xp install cd , will load perfectly in one pc and completely refuse to load in another..
Also u cld try a boot cd like hirens boot cd. BUt If dont have access to another
pc to download that

hansraj

In the zone
get hold of norton system work 2005 or above and carry out a virus check from the cd ... but for this u should know a bit of dos commands

OP
D

devips

Broken In
Batistabomb said:
r u able to go to safemode by pressing F8,monitor has nothing role here

Cannot get into the safe mode either. the comp shows either ntfs.sys or pci.sys missing and suggests repair through setup CD.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Strange problem.If you can log into your XP..than you can insert your windows XP CD, and than select install.During installation you will be asked.......
1) Fresh installation or upgrade
There select Upgrade..and install with formating your drive.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
devips said:
Cannot get into the safe mode either. the comp shows either ntfs.sys or pci.sys missing and suggests repair through setup CD.

clearly say what is your exact problem,you are saying ntfs is missing that's dealing with file system also in case when ntldr is missed we can repair it by booting with xp cd by making your first boot device as CD, but you are saying you are unable to view anything,so better try another xp CD or try your harddisk in one of your friend's system

dude don't connect both harddrives ( u and u r friend's ) here,verify your friend who has almost similar configuration matchinf your HDD and connect your HDD and try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom