How much bandwidth do you use per month with plan

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
These local ISP's are not secure. I am using a local broadband, which is prepaid and they provide static IP address to each customer, and they start stop internet based on the IP. When my validity expires they stopped internet, untill I recharge my account. So few days ago my validity expires and I did not recharge it as I will not be available for 1 week. Now what I did is I just changed my ip address to a different address and boom, I got internet.

Later I found that the network is not at all secure, anyone can install sniffing tools, can do any hack attempt as it is LAN.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is why using a router is always recommended even for cable broadband.simply select local ip range in router as different from that of your cable broadband with NAT/firewall enable & you have a relatively secure local network separated from cable lan by your router hardware firewall.

avtar2008

Broken In
*s21.postimg.org/4oc1nb2p3/Untitled.png

Our university unblocked torrents( and everything that they restricted) on 20 Apr and you can see clear bump in my bandwidth usage in last 4 days. Happy torrenting to me :doublethumb::doublethumb:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should have mentioned the name of the university .. some students here might want to enroll ;-) anyway, any special reason why all the restriction has been lifted ?

avtar2008

Broken In
I am in kurukshetra university,haryana. Exam/practicals(don't know exactly what) of M.phil/M.tech department is started, So, to help them in their studied work,they are provided full access during exam time in hostel. And luckily my room is near their boundary wall, so I got signals from their wifi access point.BTW,Restrictions are still there in all other boys hostels.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
These local ISP's are not secure. I am using a local broadband, which is prepaid and they provide static IP address to each customer, and they start stop internet based on the IP. When my validity expires they stopped internet, untill I recharge my account. So few days ago my validity expires and I did not recharge it as I will not be available for 1 week. Now what I did is I just changed my ip address to a different address and boom, I got internet.

Later I found that the network is not at all secure, anyone can install sniffing tools, can do any hack attempt as it is LAN.
*cough* haxorware *cough*

digitlover

King Of Macedonia
dl-1.7tb till today this month
ul-7.52gb
plan-neon plan for cc @32mbps
dl speed usually 2.5 mbps to 3.5mbps.
Cybercafe owner . Dl mostly through filehost and torrent . Upload done while downloading torrents

amjath

Human Spambot
ul-7.52gb
Cybercafe owner . Dl mostly through filehost and torrent . Upload done while downloading torrents

So u use all the bandwidth and give users very little :D jk

I took me almost 1 min to load Google homepage in a internet cafe

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ul-7.52gb

so how much you need to shell out for this ?

digitlover

King Of Macedonia
so how much you need to shell out for this ?

I pay 5800 permonth and my this plan is only for downloading cybercafe stuffs and there are 12 comp so i share another 28 mbps connection to my all users they get around 2-3 mbps .this plan cost 2000. I am looking to upgrade my downloading plan in two months as there are big games and apps coming like thief 4, assasins creed black flag , splinter cell blacklist and more

I download around 4 to 5 GB form Vodafone 2G unlimited plan @ 194 with 2GB FUP. After crossing the FUP, I get 6 to 8 KBps. I keep downloading stuff 24x7 in PC or in cell phone that's why the consumption is high (keeping in mind the bandwidth). In my first year at college, I used to download 6 to 7 GB data daily and was so banned from the internet lab.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I pay 5800 permonth and my this plan is only for downloading cybercafe stuffs and there are 12 comp so i share another 28 mbps connection to my all users they get around 2-3 mbps .this plan cost 2000. I am looking to upgrade my downloading plan in two months as there are big games and apps coming like thief 4, assasins creed black flag , splinter cell blacklist and more

2k for 28 mbps and 5.8k for 32 mbps !!! ?? looks weird .. if possible do post a link of the tariff chart .. 28 mbps at 2k sounds very good ;-) btw, if there any fup or data cap applicable to these plans ?

Top Bottom