How Many of Us Uses Pirated/Cracked Software

Do u use pirated software?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I use many pirated software.... I'm open about it.... But day by day, the number of pirated software on my PC is decreasing.... I'm turning to FOSS now.....
Right now, these are the only pirated software on my PC-
Nero
Xilisoft Audio Converter
Magic Video Converter
Adobe Photoshop

These are the paid software I just can't live without. I'm planning to switch from Nero to some free burning software.... But I just can't do without the rest....
And my Windows XP is pirated as well....
Other than that, everything else if FOSS.....
I do want to use Linux though... But I'm a noob in Linux, so I'm not very confident about it.....

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ You can try CDBurner XP or InfraRecorder. Pretty good. Also, your optical drive may have some bundled with some kind of CD-Writing software as most do. I am using Nero 6 that came with my Burner.

For converting Videos you can use SUPER(c).
For Photoshop, you can use GIMP. More than enough for our needs. And yeah, I also like linux but am not a full-time user because of several reasons. :neutral:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^^ You can try CDBurner XP or InfraRecorder. Pretty good. Also, your optical drive may have some bundled with some kind of CD-Writing software as most do. I am using Nero 6 that came with my Burner.

For converting Videos you can use SUPER(c).
For Photoshop, you can use GIMP. More than enough for our needs. And yeah, I also like linux but am not a full-time user because of several reasons. :neutral:

Thanks for the suggestions. And yes, I remember now, my DVD drive came bundled with Nero 6. I had uninstalled it myself to use Nero 7. I guess I'll revert back to it. But I can't do with the converter you've mentioned because it can't convert to many different formats. And I also have GIMP on my PC, but I'm more comfy using Photoshop and I'm not well versed with GIMP.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Pirate software installed on my Comp :-

Nero 7
PhotoShop CS3
XP Professional SP2
Vista Ultimate 32Bit SP1
FRAPS
Magic Audio Convertor
Magic Video Convertor
Doom 3
GTA : SA
GTA : VC
FIFA09
PES09
Brothers in Arms : HH
BioShock
NFS : MW
STALKER : CS

Other s/ware are FOSS like Pidgin, Foobar, etc. I also have Ubuntu installed.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I forgot to mention, while I use mostly free software, I play pirated games and some OS games.....
The only original game I've got is FarCry....

I do want to use Linux though... But I'm a noob in Linux, so I'm not very confident about it.....
:shock:
Try Ubuntu and you'll take back your own words. :D
I'm using it :wink:
And with regards to piracy and me,
My old PC was full of such stuff which almost cost me a huge problem (not monetary :rolleyes:)
Now, my new PC is almost clean from piracy (keyword is almost :p)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I've tried out Ubuntu anyway....
Setting up a BB net connection is a pain, and so is installing most apps....
Maybe its hard for you becuase you are used to windows way of doing things.

1) Broadband: I have a Bsnl connection which is always on, and the works in Linux *without* any configuration. Just click on firefox to start:p

2) Installing apps: Its hell easier, i can install 5-10 application in one go, without worrying where to download, where to install and where to search for cracks. My system automatically finds me a suitable application, downloads packages and install it.'
Imagine Updating all the application manually, but that is also handles automactically.

But No Os is perfect and i am not Claiming that this is perfect;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lool...beta testing you are better off with windows as you seem to be an avid gamer. Later when you get time in life then try to explore linux.

Thats it Gary4gar
even my LAN card was automatically detected and it's always on (till recently when my LAN card was apparently fried... Investigation is underway :|)
Synaptic is the best package manager (for beginners), you have pointed why :wink:
So beta testing, unless you are having an ancient Ubuntu ISO, I dont see any reason why you would find this confusing :???:
@t159
I'm an avid gamer too, so dual booting is the best viable option here

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Synaptic is the best package manager (for beginners)

I prefer CLI,
To install opera i have to do

Code:
gaurish  ~  $   i opera

that it,nothing more to do. opera would be installed .
Offcourse you would miss clicking NEXT,NEXT,NEXT... countless number of times:p
its the fastest way:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Actually installing apps on Linux is easeir than on Windows. You can install even 100 apps with a single click via Synaptic :razz:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom