How Many of Us Uses Pirated/Cracked Software

Do u use pirated software?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Well ...Come on guys ,no need to discuss cracks but at least confess how many of us actually use pirated softwares?

Sourabh

Laptoping
i have never used a pirated software in my life

all the softwares i need are original and i work on a genuine copy of Windows XP :wink:

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
whats with the "we indians are like this only" . i thought people confess only if they have performed a crime . atleast our corporates (well most) run genuine software , as opposed to other countries who use it even in govt offices . first off people use it , its an issue , thats why all the advts and cry by big corps . not like anyone is hiding behind their pc . i dont see MS and other people too complaining abt home users , who dont profit from the "pirated" /"copied" , using their tools . if u take MS for instance , u have people use their search engine , IM , Browser and other online stuff from their "copied" os . so they dont tend to lose much . photoshop users , eventually join big corps , which have original s/w . even companies provide demos to all to check out their software . Plus people are switching over to free s/w , both windows based and linux and others . so no point in asking if people use "copied" software . similar to asking if people have ever told a lie in their life

Plus who is a pirate ??? like an oss / freedom software advocate said , some time back , pirates generally loot other ships and strike terror in the high seas . i dont think a 15 yr old kid , somewhere in india , using some software on his pc , is a pirate anyway .

Plus , if u feel guilty in anyway abt using copied s/w , go ahead and confess to the companies , bow down and apologise in japanese style , or get a few slaps like the koreans even . was a story abt how a jar containing two scorpians ,didnt need a lid , while all others needed it . when asked y , reply was if one scorpian tried to escape , the other will not allow it and try to pull it down lol . If u feel guilty , i suggest , u can just switch over to linux and help promote other free software too .

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
svk said:
*img148.exs.cx/img148/6959/ohgodwhy7me.jpg
:D
lol look whos talking
*img110.exs.cx/img110/6053/249ly.gif*img110.exs.cx/img110/6053/249ly.gif*img110.exs.cx/img110/6053/249ly.gif*img110.exs.cx/img110/6053/249ly.gif*img110.exs.cx/img110/6053/249ly.gif

abt your post
hmmm
first remove that
Well we indians r like this only..........
then we can talk

Yoda

Journeyman
If its only for Educational Purpose theres no wrong in using Pirted softwares.

I hate Buying softwares and I Love buying Hardwares. :D

I will never buy a software in my life, unless and until I use it for a commercial purpose or I make money out of a particular software.

There are lots of commercial companies who buy the licensed softwares and thats more than enough to support the software producing companies.

And it will never affect the software company because the % share of any particular software used in India is less compared to Developed countries and companies don't think India as a potential market for their softwares.

They concentrate on Big Companies and Developed and Powerful Countries.

Can anyone say how many BRANDED softwares are created in INDIA.
Very Very less. All are created Outside India. So companies don't mind or don't care even if their software is pirated in India or in south asia.

Simply saying I just LOVE using Pirated Softwares as it comes for free. :wink:

And also Freewares are not up to standards and they don't have many features as in sharewares or softwares that comes with a cost.
Freewares are sometimes even useless or comes with lots of bugs and can never compete with costly softwares.

Thats one reason who people prefer pirated softwares that really do the job for them.

ujjwal

Padawan
I use very few commercial software, and prefer freeware or open source/GPL sw.

But I use one commercial software -

Windows 98 SE (with few system files from win me)

Its upto you to guess whether it is pirated or not ;)

hikapil

Journeyman
I think no one here can say that they are using npn-pirated software.

If they are saing so, they are lying, or they have purchased their original softwaes from local cd market and in just that 50-100 Rs. CD. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Unless you're totally an Open Source guy, I don't think anyone can claim not to have committed piracy. Heck, ripping songs and keeping them around in MP3 is also piracy. So is continuing to use Winzip/WinRAR by clicking the Close button everytime it tells you that your registration period is up. I guess the real question should be how many of us use pirated OSes, because as far as I can see, that's the only question that matters. We're willing to spend tens of thousands on hardware and not 5k on the software that we use day in and day out and makes everything possible on our computers.

ujjwal

Padawan
While the OS('s) are the most important part of the computer software, there will be many people who own original copies of Windows (thanks to a branded pc) but use other pirated software.

I found that there was a freeware substitute to most software available (on both windows & linux platforms) so I dumped MS Office, Norton [and other bloatware] and stuck with the free [better] alternatives. However, though linux is a powerful operating system, some times windows is a little invaluable (for games particularly ;) ) so I had to stick with it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
LOL.....when it comes to pirated stuff am all game......but i do give a big hands up to original stuff too cause quite frankly everthing has its own advantages and disadvantages :wink:

now why ya ask me????? cause very simple patting reply......its damm cheap....Bad.....but Cheap Sh!t.....plus if i go ahead and buy original stuff.....say a winXp.....4-8 original games.....may be some original softwares if i get some i.e.....and ahh yes orginal Video Cd's and DVD's then let me guess i would end up spendin enough money buying a Decent Gaming Pc rig with that amt..... :lol: :lol:

so its straight deal out here....unless and until the cost aint affordable....it would prove futile to go behind original sutff....btw not sayin that original stuff is bad (It never can be) but the point is spendin so much cash will just leave me bankrupt :lol:

ujjwal

Padawan
One more factor to consider, in most cases, the price of software is according to the spending power of people in the west. What is cheap for some fellow living in the US, would be quite expensive here. If the price of some essential products (like windows) were brought down, then maybe less people would use pirated software.

Unfortunately, the mentality of people is such, that even if a legal version of windows sold for Rs 100, 90% of the people would prefer a pirated copy for Rs 30.

hikapil

Journeyman
Unfortunately, the mentality of people is such, that even if a legal version of windows sold for Rs 100, 90% of the people would prefer a pirated copy for Rs 30.

Actually Ujjwal. Just think Windows XP licenced version in Just Rs. 500. When i or anyone else go to buy a software. Buying Pirated CD is more easy then buying a Original One. I found more outlet for pirated instead of original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom