How do u come to know about digit first time?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ old members left (went to TE i guess). no new members. post queries & after a week if you are lucky, will receive a few replies. but a few loyal members were still hooked (ico, desibond, asingh, topgear). by end of 2009 & Q1 2010 jaskanwar, piyush & i joined and forum was a bit active (i trolled & posted lots of nonsense initially :mrgreen: ). but forum was dead slow & db error every now & then. some serious problem which made certain members unable to post. once everything was fixed, forum was back online & better.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
It was the year 2004.I saw a magazine called Digit in newspaper stand in Ultadanga , I thought it may be related to electronic circuit or something but after reading the cover I understand its related to computer. At that time my craze for computer and gaming was at pick level, also there are lots of free games provided with the magazine. So for the game and some technological news I made my mind to purchase that magazine. From that time I never missed any Edition of Digit Magazine.:)
Here's the photo of my first Digit Magazine
*i.imgur.com/jzO7r.jpg
*i.imgur.com/PqISN.jpg

Tech&ME

Banned
*i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/tech2me/Digit%20Mags/macformat1995.jpg

^^
This was the FIRST magazine I purchase from Calcutta (Kolkata) Airport back then....

Later I realized that Macintosh was not my cup of TEA and so, went to a book stall in M G Road, and picked up PC QUEST ( 1996 / 1997) and then switched to CHIP in 1998 ( Digit was called Chip in those days ! )

This is all it begun..... I joined TDF after reading about it in the magazine itself. They used to carry a screenshot of the TDF Index Page in the magazine those days, advertising the FORUM.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Joined just when I sent a cheque for the subscription as my PC had some ram issue. Spammed and trolled a lot initially (but forum was going downhill then, so escaped a ban somehow :lol: ).
Lies. You were a good boy.

Am I the only one who never used the DVDs that came with the Mag :))

You're not alone, and neither do I actually use the DVDs I get from my LFY's subscription.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Last year, googling helped me finding digit, wanted an Indian forum where I could ask about my PC specs in advance. Never heard of it before that.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^:rofl:

In December about 4 years ago, I was in Goa for vacations. Had nothing to do in hotel so started to look out through magazines and newspapers. Found Digit there and got to know that GTA 4 will also be released... :p

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
thanks for the bump.
or i would have missed this..
mine is a little meany, but i'd like to share..
i wanted to get a decent Desktop upgrade over my P4 , was searching on the internet, found the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/98253-hardware-price-check-buying-advice-thread-kolkata.html

and it started from then..

my family now calls Digit as my "Girlfriend" :D

that i'm so glued to it.. :wink:

.jRay.

Youngling
Well when i was small, i used to buy magazines from stalls whenever i used to travel by trains. Used to buy chip, digit, autocar etc. I used to buy tech mags just for the cd's. I Never used to read them, after some years when i found them lying around i started turning pages, and was engrossed in reading. Buy it regurly since then. Came to know about tdf after visiting the digit website..

true story....

Flash

Lost in speed
After that, i visit my Office library regularly to read Digit & Chip magazine, and to borrow DVDs.
Finally on 1 fine day, joined TDF. :mrgreen:

cyborg47

Technomancer
I knew about them through one of my neighbors back in around 2002, but never gave a crap. It was in 2004 when at a magazine store, and a Digit copy caught my eye, an article on gaming careers. Continued buying the magazines since then, tried Chip as well but it was nowhere near as good as Digit. Digit had a certain quality to them, they felt mature and the visual design was sweet to look at, and loved the Bazaar section like crazy! Stopped getting them in around 2008. Joined the forum in around 2005, though this is my second account.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Saw a Digit magazine from a school friend on Sept 2011. Googled it. Saw it had a forum. Joined it. End of story.

Top Bottom