HOW CAN I MAKE MY DESKTOP LOOK SNAZZY.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biplav

In the zone
ok as far as the hibernation is concerned, does it take more time to hibernate???
do one thing- roll back to a previous date by SYSTEM Restore!!and then see whether the features are working or not.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
chanduthebest said:
well ,, i installed the Longhorn transformation pack 9.0 And got these problems--
No more stand by option,,
No more proper hibernation,

i just hate transformation packs man.....they dont seem to work out....EVER!!!

chanduthebest

Broken In
of course there was no big difference from the normal XP desktop and after the transformation,,
but i got the above stated new problems with the transformation

Biplav

In the zone
see the difference will be noticed for the first few days,
then it would be just like windows default skin and theme.
hence take my words- go for some nice shell replacement software.here u can get loads of themes and make ur own .
get some icons , menus , clocks and u can build ur own theme.
dont go for windows blinds as it takes a considerable amount of ur memory.
talisman is the best.

D

Deleted member 5901

Just use windows blind,style xp ,etc !!!

JUst get ur hand on a recent issue of DIGIT and u will find all the tools in there !!!

CHEERS !!!

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
biplav said:
see the difference will be noticed for the first few days,
then it would be just like windows default skin and theme.
hence take my words- go for some nice shell replacement software.here u can get loads of themes and make ur own .
get some icons , menus , clocks and u can build ur own theme.
dont go for windows blinds as it takes a considerable amount of ur memory.
talisman is the best.

i agree with you biplav that talisman really changes the look of your desktop...but again you need to use windows blinds to change the windows skin and iconpackager to install new icons as talisman doesnt do these.....

Biplav

In the zone
@ sahil blues: i didnt get u.
talisman does nt automatically install icons but u definitely can do it manually!!i didnt get the windows skin thing.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
arrre yaar....how do we change the windows theme???.....by right clicking on desktop and going to properties then themes....we can then select the set of given themes which are "Olive Green", "Windows Style", "Silver",or default "Blue"....if you have blinds some additional themes appear in this box....but talisman doesnt do that....i hope youve got it this time!!!!....i have my fingers crossed!!!

Biplav

In the zone
hey if u do shell swapping then ur theme will be automatically changed... u wont be getting the windows normal coloured taskbar !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom