HOW CAN I MAKE MY DESKTOP LOOK SNAZZY.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
rollcage heres the download link for flyakite transformation pack

*www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4044

u can use that to give it a mac look

as for talisman i dun like using shell replacement software
so i dun like talisman :D

saROMan

QA Juggler
well frankly speaking Crystal XP is da best..have been using it from last 1 month and i am really in love with it......not only it change Icons...Explorer Buttons..Logon screen but many other Features...i have got the Full Setup including Setups ,Icons, Walls,PNG's every thing.....give it a try.....

Biplav

In the zone
holy sh*t man!!!.....biplav...those are WICKED desktops !!!!.....i am really gonno uninstall every last bit of windows blinds from my comp and install talisman!!!.....from where did you get all those themes????.....i tried customize.ru.....but there arent much there...also i dont think deviantart supports talisman....does it??
@sahil_blues: thanx man! sometimes one gets tired of the windows blinds and style xp and their huge ram consumption. so i just ventured out in the net and got Talisman and then i just saw some of the most beautiful desktops ever built.
visit
here
for talisman desktops and some gr8 themes and u will be glued to these 4 atleast 3-4 days.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
saROMan said:
well frankly speaking Crystal XP is da best..have been using it from last 1 month and i am really in love with it......not only it change Icons...Explorer Buttons..Logon screen but many other Features...i have got the Full Setup including Setups ,Icons, Walls,PNG's every thing.....give it a try.....

yup thats true....i got crystal xp from the digit cd....pretty cool....i think it was the only theme which stayed on my desktop for over 2 months!!....but now ive got bored from it...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@theraven thanks for the link
*osx-e.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p13_sectionid=8&p13_fileid=127

@biplav
Talisman replaces the explorer.exe, which is the main file in windows graphics user interface, that always showed the illegal operation prompt in the win98,.. :)
if you replace that isnt there chance of making some system file curupt
btw i have a backup of my C: drive usin NortonGhost,
so, i dont have to worry that much but curious!! :wink:

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
@biplav..i couldnt find any option of changing the look of the actual Window....like we can in windows blinds....also how do i get those traslucent calenders that you have in a theme of my choice???

Biplav

In the zone
@sahil blues- i dont get u.
right click anywhere in the desktop after loading talisman , goto settings
and then shell switcher
. thats it. ur computer will restart and next time the explorer.exe wouldnt load.
else if rightclick doesnt work then goto start button(of talisman and not windows) and do the above said.
if u are talking of changing the look of icons and start menu then u have to go to the themes section in www.lighttek.com
there u have to download the selected themes - whatever u like. unzip it and place it in
c:\program files\talisman2\themes\(assuming c is the drive where talisman is installed)
try that and pm me if not success ful

Calcatian

Journeyman
rollcage, if done properly, u hav nothing 2 worry from changing d shell evn in Win98.

showed the illegal operation prompt in the win98,..

dont kno wht u mean but I started switching shell when no 1 evn heard of XP and Win2k was in beta. But I had some problems with LiteStep & BlackBox :(

So far Aston is the only safe shell I have seen - not much variation in environment as talisman, but the humblest resource eater and considerably stable and they evn give u a free license if u design a skin 4 it.

It comes with lots of plugins plus supports all major LiteStep Plugs - so u get unlimited possibilities. Round clock, calender, weather, cool launchers whatevr u need :!:

Biplav

In the zone
@calcatian:
dont kno wht u mean but I started switching shell when no 1 evn heard of XP and Win2k was in beta. But I had some problems with LiteStep & BlackBox
no no man.
u got him wrong. he meant that the explorer.exe showed a lot of errors every time.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
The flyakite transformation pack ... works on the similar lines of the Longhorn transformaton pack.

Its not that much attractive.

@biplav
You are right man........thanks for that
The Talisman is gr8....
it really changes your windowsxp..........

there are some themes which convert it to MAC/Apple PC in the real sense.

Talisman......rocks :wink:

Biplav

In the zone
the only thing with talisman(other than its superb/fabulous desktop changing features is that it is a trial version(30 DAYS). so we got to make it till we want use it -so another job is to be done. :wink:

Calcatian

Journeyman
biplav said:
the only thing with talisman(other than its superb/fabulous desktop changing features is that it is a trial version(30 DAYS). so we got to make it till we want use it -so another job is to be done. :wink:

in the past doing "another job" on talisman made my system unstable... that's why I switched over 2 Aston :!: So is it OK with talisman now :?:

Biplav

In the zone
@calcatian- my system is working fine. no probs till date , i have been using it over 2 months now.
i like aston but the collection is not to many and the scope of making it is also more in talisman.
but anyways aston is good too. just like the way u like aston the same is here with me stuck with talisman!

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
@ biplav i am using a theme in talisman which has a digital clock....but iam fond of an analogue one which is present in another theme....how can i get the analogue clock of the other theme work in the theme ive put??....also i think you didnt get what i wrote in my last post....heres another try:-

see when you put a theme through windows blinds, it changes the APPEARANCE of the opened windows....like colors for selected items, the panels and tool bars according to the theme itself, which can also be done through the usual procedure >>> Right Click on desktop, select Display Proprties and then Appearance....but Talisman doesn't change the things i've just mentioned even in shell mode (I suppose)....so please tell me the procedure to do the same if its possible....

PHEW!!!

Biplav

In the zone
u can try and make ur own theme.else i use a nice theme that looks real pleasing to my eye and 4 u it has got an analog clock!
*www.artuproar.com/index.php?page=moreinfo&num=26886
*www.artuproar.com/index.php?page=moreinfo&num=26884*www.skinz.org/skin.phtml?skinid=5392&sid=bb2f18d227dcd02a66ed7e5710c32199
*www.artuproar.com/index.php?page=moreinfo&num=22777

u should like this one- its got 5 analog clocks
*www.deviantart.com/deviation/3465442/

THIS ONES MY FAV.:
*www.artuproar.com/index.php?page=moreinfo&num=18644
:wink: :wink: :wink:

chanduthebest

Broken In
well ,, i installed the Longhorn transformation pack 9.0 And got these problems--
No more stand by option,,
No more proper hibernation,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom