HOW CAN I MAKE MY DESKTOP LOOK SNAZZY.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
hey guys...ive seen ur dektop screenshots in a post...u guys hav reallllly cool desktops....how do u make them look like that...pls tell me some of the ways of making mine look better....

geek_rohit

In the zone
First download windowsblinds and styleXP
Second get good wallpapers
Third get good Windows Media Player skins
Fourth get good icons
And then you are all set
This is where you get all that
Windows Blinds *www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
StyleXP *www.tgtsoft.com/

For wallpapers, skins, themes, icons
*www.wincustomize.com
*browse.deviantart.com/skins/windows/windowblindsxp/?view=1&order=5&limit=24
*www.deviantart.com

Happy Customizing ;)

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Use the Windows Longhorn Transformation Pack. It is sure to snazzy up ur desktop.

It is given with one of the issues of Digit!

shyam911

Journeyman
All the above said would definitely make your desktop look Snazzy but they are know to use up system resources too.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
hi man, u can use style xp or winblinds enhanced version, they use less resources, but also rem that in winblinds the amount of resources depend on the skin that u r using if the skin is heavy then more ram is gone but if its a lil bit small then its ok. for icons use iconpackager its nice and I am using it since a long time. and for icons and wallpapers and all stuff of customizing go to deviantart.com the baap of all modding sites. and also check neowin forums for some really good tuts ;)

anandk

Distinguished Member
try using "CrystalXP". its great and transforms everything about xp. its safe. (www.crystalxp.net) 8)

i also used "loghorn transformation pack", but i think crystalxp is better ! also uninstalling "longorn trns pk" created some problems for me, and i had to 'system restore'.

good old "StyleXP' or "WindowsBlinds" to hai Ho !.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Is there a way to make your Windows XP look like mac/apple pc?

theraven said:
*osx.portraitofakite.com/
i cant understand wat this site is all about

can you tell how to..

also could you plz.. give the download.

Biplav

In the zone
I use a different software.not windows blinds or style xp.here are some of my screenshots.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19550&start=75

now if u like the desktops, then u can use Talisman.
its a trial software and switches the shell from explorer to one that comes with it.
One significant thing worth noteworthy(other than great looking wallpapers)is to my suprise, when i see the Ram consumption now it has gone down!yes as Explorer.exe now does not run in the background , my Ram consumption has gone down.
remember for this u have to do "Shell Switching"
so unlike windows blinds or style xp, now i get gr8 dektops and more free ram!!! "DOUBLE BENIFIT"

Calcatian

Journeyman
:wink: Switching shell almost always frees up more RAM + u get Kick455 desktop :!: I use Aston, it evn takes up lesser resources than Talisman = evn more free RAM.

Check this out: *customize.ru
The chacha of all modding sites :!:

Biplav

In the zone
@expert no1 -its Talisman.
@calcatian- i like aston but the themes available are bit to less. i like keep changing my desktops u know!

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
holy sh*t man!!!.....biplav...those are WICKED desktops !!!!.....i am really gonno uninstall every last bit of windows blinds from my comp and install talisman!!!.....from where did you get all those themes????.....i tried customize.ru.....but there arent much there...also i dont think deviantart supports talisman....does it??

shaunak

Tux Fan
theraven said:
*osx.portraitofakite.com/
that is one cool site.

back to topic:

u can get the uxtheme.dll file to customize ur desk 4 free!
with it u will b able to use msstyles and style xp themes.

any free registry mathod 4 logons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom