How big should be your Smartphone?

ajaymailed

In the zone
The definition of size of smartphone is just so rapidly changing. Just a year ago there were articles explaining why iPhone will remain 3.5 inch only, they can comfortably touch anywhere on screen holding with one hand. But then trend with Android Supersized Flagships was exactly opposite, they were getting bigger and bigger with each phone released. Apple themselves must have awed by Notes spectacular size & display. with iPhone 5s release, everything from 3.5 & smaller would look like a budget phone.

once you used the bigger sized phone, its hard to go back the smaller one despite all the talk of comfort. Although it did look weird to hold Note to my ear.

Note 2 is a gigantic 5.5 inch Phablet, i am not sure how it will fit the jeans pocket. I am facing a bit of difficulty to remove Galaxy S2 out of my jeans pocket especially if its skin tight. I was hoping Jeans Brands will design a special bigger pocket for the smartphone. I can easily put Note comfortably into my normal everyday formal pants.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm using a 4.3 inch screen smartphone and it fits perfectly in my pocket. It is also big enough to use as a GPS navigator in my car. For me 4.3 inch has become the benchmark for evaluating other phones on screen size.
A phablet like Note is great, but it hardly fits in the pocket. IMO it is perfect for gals/ladies who carry a bag with them always.

Flash

Lost in speed
^ I see lots of girls with big-screen phones, twice of their size of hand.
A mobile should be big enough to fit into a man's pocket :lol:

jpushkarh

Broken In
Note 2 is a gigantic 5.5 inch Phablet, i am not sure how it will fit the jeans pocket. I am facing a bit of difficulty to remove Galaxy S2 out of my jeans pocket especially if its skin tight. I was hoping Jeans Brands will design a special bigger pocket for the smartphone. I can easily put Note comfortably into my normal everyday formal pants.

Or samsung should start selling Special Note 2 Jeans ha ha :lol:

R2K

In the Zone
To me bigger the screen, the better it is. But it all depends on how you use your phone. If are using it so much so that you can replace a computer to do some basic tasks then you are gonna find larger screen very useful..

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Agree to you R2K. Its an extension to my personal computer. So bigger is better :). Am having a 4.52" phone and find it pocketable enough. Whatever size u get, u will be able to get adjusted to it in some time. If i had the money, i would have got a Note 2 already ;).

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When I purchased OHD I thought I wouldn't be able to use it. Then Galaxy SII and I thought jeez! And now Note2. So you get the point. As R2K said, the bigger the screen the better it is. But yes anything more than 5.5" could be a problem.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
note 2 is awesome, validates the size
xperia S is borderline, most apps are simply scaled, but the size is still cool
smaller screens are handy for apps, even surfing and ebook reading (just zoom in), makes a huge diff in games though
blv it was a stupid war between pixel density and screen size that somehow resulted in the screen size winning when the pixel density barrier was hit
eventually, believe at least some models will be available in the sub 45mm (candybar sized) width category, this was the size I liked the most, but this will probably be seen only when the market matures
so uhmm... one sleek device and one huge device, phone's the most important thing we use anyway, might as well have two of em

aroraanant

Explorer
Even the new note 2 easily fits in the pocket, look wise it looks big but it fits nicely in jeans pocket, but sometimes creates a trouble for people who need to take it out while driving a bike.
Apart from that a person should prefer a phone with a minimum of 3.7" screen size(or apple iphone 3.5" is also OK). 4"-4.3" is a very good size.

Top Bottom