Hosting Enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Hi

i have a nseries theme website *nseries-themes.com/ which till a month ago i was using with joomla plateform but i wasnt happy coz the seo aspect in joomla is very poor and so i shifted to wordpress on 26.
since then i have achieved lot of growth and just in the first month of using wordpress i have breached 500 visitors mark without any publicity. and going towards 700.

Now the problem araised due to the sudden surge in the traffic and my hosting plan wasnt sufficent for that.i have twice changed the plan in a week and now my plan provide 1gb storage and 10 gb bandwidth and thats too goona get over within a day or two.

since the next plan they offer provide offers 5 GB Space and 50 GB Bandwidth it cost 2699 which i feel is costly for me.
hence i wann opt for other service.

i have considered ewebguru silver plan.
i wann know whether thats good enough and if you could also provide wit the alternative options.

Also could help me in reducing my bandwidth.

thanks

Last edited:
OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
but the cost factor that too matters.

dream hosting is at $119.40 ($9.95/month) that is tad costly as it works out to 5890rs.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It would be better to use your existing bandwidth by

1. Compressing the images, and/or use a third party host like imageshack.us
2. If you provide any download use a service like mediafire.com

That is how I manage my bandwidth.

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
i have done that too.....
shifted most of the files to divshare and images to webshot

yet its that traffic that taking the bandwidth as its a theme site and the page view time is around high too.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Login in cpanel and see which files are consuming most bandwidth. If those are download files, save them on *skydrive.live.com/

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
the download files have taken only 700mb till now but its the javascript file and the html file thats taking the bulk of the bandwidth

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I doubt if 500 or 700 or even 1000 users will eat all your 10 gb monthly data transfer.

And if you need custom made plans, you can head to www.whost.in I have purchased an custom plan from him.

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Hi

You are hosting too many images ? Why not host it Free Photo Sharing websites like Photobucket.com ?

I doubt if 500 or 700 or even 1000 users will eat all your 10 gb monthly data transfer.

It can very easily, Look at the a Single Page = 700KB Load

Website information

Total loading time:10.7 seconds
Total objects:76 (699 KB)
External objects:8 (348.9 KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_html.gif (X)HTML:1 (89.8KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_rss.gif RSS/XML:0
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_css.gif CSS:5 (34.7KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_script.gif Scripts:11 (286.3KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_img.gif Images:59 (288.1KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_plugin.gif Plugins:0
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_other.gif Other:0

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^thank god I did not visit his website :D. These days, I have blocked images and cached so many scripts that my average page size is between 10 to 30 KB.[Need to stick to limit of 1 GB per month]
UPDATE: I just checked, it loaded only 19 KB with my settings(no images loaded)

@ Appu, perhaps you need to hire a wordpress theme designer to tweak your theme. You are using some theme without customizing it. This tweaking alone could save you lots of bandwidth.

The problem I see is all your images are "forced" on your users. You are showing 5 full posts on every page. Instead see how www.AskVG.com has done it. Only the post titles are shown. Interested users may explore further by clicking on the links.

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Hi

You are hosting too many images ? Why not host it Free Photo Sharing websites like Photobucket.com ?

It can very easily, Look at the a Single Page = 700KB Load

Website information

Total loading time:10.7 seconds
Total objects:76 (699 KB)
External objects:8 (348.9 KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_html.gif (X)HTML:1 (89.8KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_rss.gif RSS/XML:0
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_css.gif CSS:5 (34.7KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_script.gif Scripts:11 (286.3KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_img.gif Images:59 (288.1KB)
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_plugin.gif Plugins:0
*tools.pingdom.com/fpt/_img/icon_other.gif Other:0

actually the images are hosted in other site[webshot] i think its the template thats causing more bandwidth prob.....
i still a newbie in wp and dont have any idea about tweaking any setting.

^thank god I did not visit his website :D. These days, I have blocked images and cached so many scripts that my average page size is between 10 to 30 KB.[Need to stick to limit of 1 GB per month]
UPDATE: I just checked, it loaded only 19 KB with my settings(no images loaded)

@ Appu, perhaps you need to hire a wordpress theme designer to tweak your theme. You are using some theme without customizing it. This tweaking alone could save you lots of bandwidth.

The problem I see is all your images are "forced" on your users. You are showing 5 full posts on every page. Instead see how www.AskVG.com has done it. Only the post titles are shown. Interested users may explore further by clicking on the links.

Since i have a themes site i have to show screenshot of the image.[the images are stored in a different host, webshot]
also i havent given much mind on the site design coz i just mentioned that i just started wordpress some time back and dont know anything about it.
i am just experimenting and trying out things.

it would be really great if someone could help me in this regard.
i have decided on a new theme but dont know how to tweak it so if anyone could help i could pay him.
i cant afford a wordpress theme designer so.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Are you sure you are facing bandwidth problem with 500-700 visitors per day.... when you have hosted all images and download files on some other server???

Or, your site is using more server resources than allowed???

you don't need any wordpress theme designer to tweak theme. Just Google to find few light wordpress theme.

Avoid too many wordpress plugins.
Use wordpress Cache plugin.

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
i have shifted almost all the files form my host......

changed to a lighter theme

and stopped using resource hogging plugin.

Today the bandwidth crossed the limit and the host have stopped the site.
that is witout informing me when i had prior to opening this thread mailed to them to ask them for the future options regarding my a/c and i havent recieved any thing till now from them more than 3 days over

I have now decided to shift from the host itself which i thought was good.[its owned by a forum member].

i am looking for a plan with unlimited or atleast 100gb bandwidth and have considered ewebguru's silver plan which cost around 1295.

Any recommendations???

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Thats bad........... :|
Can you share the host you are using, this can be useful for other forum members.

I hope you have backup of your entire site, so that you can restore your site.... if you were on cpanel and shifting to cPanel, the new host can transfer your site for free.

Just a suggestion, If you are very serious about your website, choose a good host, don't look for cheap host. Read terms and services of host before buying any hosting package.

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
actually this is my dream project and wanted to build many sites based around this one only. I wann have my own earned money i started blogging.....

the hosting was provided by cyrus's Outpower Hosting which i was happy till i shifted to wordpress and got serious about my site.

This month itself i have shifted my plan twice and still i did not have enough bandwidth.
I could'nt control and optimise much coz i had no experience of wp at all. and i never expected my site to get so much traffic and also get to top 5 postion in google search for my main keyword. I really was too happy with this result and didnt realise about the bandwidth aspect.

By the time i got to learn about the bandwidth saving techinques the site was closed down.....

anyways i really thinking of opting for ewebguru's silver plan and thats good for my need.

Hows the service of ewebguru and any recommendations of similar plan.
I mainly need bandwidth and my budget is around 1500/annum.

The main drawback of ewebguru is that it allows hosting only one domain.....

Plz help me

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I seriously doubt that your site consumed 10 GB bandwidth with just 500 visitors... and you have also hosted all images and download files on other server.

I have a wallpaper site, and I have hosted all images on my server only...... I am getting around 250- 300 page view daily.. and my site is just using around 2 GB bandwidth.
*www.9wallpapers.com/

I don't know how many hosting companies afford to provide 100 GB bandwidth/ per month for just Rs. 1300/ per year.

Because, general price of 1000 GB bandwidth per month is around (100$) Rs. 4500/-per month of all popular datacenters...

Means Rs. 450/- per month for 100 GB bandwidth........or Rs. 5400/- per year. So, hosting companies itself pay Rs. 5400/- per year for 100 GB bandwidth.

OP
appu

appu

Knowledge Nomad
this is the screenshot of my site stat from google analytic.....

*i39.tinypic.com/b6t2dx.png

But ewebguru is providing 100gb bandwidth for 1295rs only....the only drawback i found was that only one domain can be hosted in it.....

ahref

In the zone
Because, general price of 1000 GB bandwidth per month is around (100$) Rs. 4500/-per month of all popular datacenters...

Which DC you are using Ravi, you can get full server for $100 per month with 2000gb bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom