Hlp Needed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

Plz hlp me as i am unable to play songs that i have copied from an audio cd.The files r with CDA extension.Winamp 5.07 playz those songs when the cd is inserted but when i copy the files from the cd with the CDA extension, Winamp does not play those songs without the cds. Plz tell me how can i play those songs...........

swatkat

Technomancer
you can not just copy .cda files from audio CDs and then paste and play in ur computer.you have RIP the data that is written on the CD.For this u have to use softwares such as Windows Media Player (7 and above),dB PowerAmp Converter etc.
.cda files are like a sort of links to audio data written in CD.
In Windows media player,go to Copy from CD tab and then select the tacks and click Copy Music button present above.This places the ripped music in My Documents\My Music folder in .WMA format.If u want to encode to different format use dBPowerAmp.
Visit:-
*www.dbpoweramp.com/

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
nipun_the_gr8 said:
Plz hlp me as i am unable to play songs that i have copied from an audio cd.The files r with CDA extension.Winamp 5.07 playz those songs when the cd is inserted but when i copy the files from the cd with the CDA extension, Winamp does not play those songs without the cds. Plz tell me how can i play those songs...........
man, as swat said u cant simply copy-paste ..., u can use media player or save as .wma or .mp3 format.

u can use easy CD DA extracter to do the same.

sarincv

Journeyman
You can encode audiocd to mp3 or wav file. The best software to do this is musicmatch jukebox. U can get it from previous digit CD's

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
cda stands for compact disc audio........so dude you cant jus dump em from the cd ...........gotta convert em to any other suitable format......my suggestion use musicmatch jukebox.......

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......copy nd paste from audio cd....
i still remember that day sum 4years ago when i first tried to play audio cd's from my pc...nd copied them the same way like u did....

but u'll learn.....nd learn quickly!!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well still stuck out on that copy-paste Trick mate.....This is not ur regular Vcd That u can copy paste ur Dat file and it would run.....This is a .cda Extension file Which stand for Compact disc Audio file and would first have to be ripped into .Mp3 or any other format in order for it to be played on ur PC.....Just Use Musicmatch Jukebox Player or River Past Audio converter to convert The Audio Cd in to .Mp3 And then Try runnning the File Mate....U can find These softwares Over here:
MusicMatch JuKebox Player: www.musicmatch.com/
River Past Audio Converter: www.riverpast.com/en/prod/audioconverter/download.php
DbPowerAMp: www.freedownloads.be/downloaddetail/163

Enjoy mate.... :D

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

d00ds, i'm nu to these things.........

'newayz, thankx for hlp guys !!!

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Also plz post the detailed procedure to rip music tracks usin' Winamp 5.07 Pro.

Thankx in advance !!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: :shock:
lol..nipun ur stuck buddy
i assume ur using d freely avilalable "freeware" winamp...
am i rite???

nd for burning/ripping u need to have winamp pro!!!
check out this site
*winamp.com/support/help/50/Winamp5.htm

Cheeeeers!!!

PS-why dont u use media player instead??

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
For winamp there are loads of plugins available for download.
There are plugins available for almost every purpose.
You can rip to wav,mp3,wma.org etc.
I prefer the MP3 format cos of compatibility reasons cos each n every media or audio player around can play mp3 even on linux,macos etc.

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Well,grinning devil, I'm usin' Winamp 5.07 PRO & amitsaudy plz post the links form where i can download those plugins.
Thankx !!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
nipun, you can use WMP or Jukebox as others have suggested. Or you can use "FreeRIP MP3". It's free, small and very easy to use. The current version is 1.5MB and can be downloaded from *www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml. There was an older version (about 0.6MB) in a Digit coverdisk some time back, but I don't remember which issue.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hey u can use virtual cd to make a virtual audio cd and u can play ur files like dat. Else u need to encode it

..:: peace::..
Jeba

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
nipun_the_gr8 said:
Well,grinning devil, I'm usin' Winamp 5.07 PRO & amitsaudy plz post the links form where i can download those plugins.
Thankx !!

*www.winamp.com/plugins/
U ll find almost every plugin for winamp here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom