Status
Not open for further replies.
i am looking for a 1TB internal HDD
the choices are obviously,
Western Digital GREEN(3 platters)32MB Buffer "WD10EADS"
vs
Seagate 7200.12(2platters) 32MB Buffer "ST31000528AS"
after some reading,
i found out that Seagate is cheaper,has better speed,less noise and lesser power consumption than the WDC...
But,
I have been using WDC Green(WDC 640GB---this will remain as my OS/primary drive) and appreciate their Door-to-door warranty...

Further,
i have few queries:
1.)-----Does Seagate provide Door-to-Door replacement ??
2.)------Do any of WDC or Seagate provide Data recovery,,if yes on which models???

So,
Please help me make a buying decision as I will be using the 1Tb for mainly storing movies n stuff...
-----------ALONG WITH A LINK TO THE BEST PRICE OF THE HDD .which you are suggesting---------------

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I feel that WD blue 1Tb would be nice. you can also check WD 1Tb Black which is available for 5.8k-6k

data recovery, i don't think they are providing as it is time taking and costly process.

but I heard Seagate giving data recovery option for those that crashed due to faulty firmware.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Been using WD Green 1TB for quite some time and its my GRUB disk so no performance hiccup or reliability or sound issue here. Preferred it over Seagate as they were giving bad performance reports. If u really want speed then go for higher performance High RPM drives, WD's Green and Black have significant price difference but performance wise the difference is not that much perceptible to a common user.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
I feel that WD blue 1Tb would be nice. you can also check WD 1Tb Black which is available for 5.8k-6k

data recovery, i don't think they are providing as it is time taking and costly process.

but I heard Seagate giving data recovery option for those that crashed due to faulty firmware.
WD Black is way pricey considering the fact that Seagate 7200.12 is faster than it,being a two platter disc while the former is three platter.

Been using WD Green 1TB for quite some time and its my GRUB disk so no performance hiccup or reliability or sound issue here. Preferred it over Seagate as they were giving bad performance reports. If u really want speed then go for higher performance High RPM drives, WD's Green and Black have significant price difference but performance wise the difference is not that much perceptible to a common user.

AFAIK,seagate had reliability issues with previous firmware drive,wiz. 7200.11
And yes performance difference is not perceptible,
But considering that Seagate is faster than WD Black
and offers better performance in terms of speed,power than WD green and it is bit cheaper too,I don't understand why I shouldn't go for Seagate 7200.12

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
The added cost of WD Blacks are worth it. Just check some reviews. Its the fasted drive available in the market other than SSD's! WD1001FALS is the only model i think available in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom