Hitman wants gaming machine...........But only has 70K.......

gameranand

Living to Play
Buy the second one with 7950. I am suggesting a AMD CPU as they will be better for other tasks as compared to Intel CPU and as for gaming AFAIK if you are buying a 7950 and most games are GPU based so you'll get very similar performance and may be 2-3 fps drop which really not a issue but AMD would give you much better performance in other CPU intensive tasks. take your pic.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
^ +1 to that suggestion. Taking the best of both configs.

@OP: Consider another cabinet to make budget for 7950. There are cabinets at lower price which also offer good cable management.
If you are fixed with the chosen cabinet then try extending your budget for the 7950.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If gaming is what you require then go for i5 3470+ hd7950.
i5 3470 has much better single/light-threaded than fx8350 which is what most games need.Multi-threaded performance of it is fine,though would trail in heavily multi-threaded tasks to fx8350.
Fx8350 has improved gaming performance than its predecessor because of improved per-core performance and larger L1 TLB.In majority of the games at FHD at high settings there won't be any noticeable difference between fx8350 and i5 3470.In some CPU bound games though fx8350 would be somewhat behind the i5 3470.
Overclocking fx8350 would close the gap in some games but in games like skyrim,Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II it might not be.Some FPS shooting games feel more responsive with higher fps.Even with higher frame-rates that a monitor can display these would feel smoother as input lag to the mouse would be reduced considerably.
Considering newer games would be more demanding,frame-rates with newer games at high settings can easily go below 60fps with hd7950.Thus i5 3470 makes more sense if gaming is the main priority.
Also there is no trade-off with GPU in this case as it would have been with i5 3570k+z77 mobo in a constrained budget.
Asrock H77 PRO4/MVP is available for around 6.8k.If you opt for intel config try getting carbide-400R as cabinet.NZXT source 210 elite is fine,though you might have to order it online as NZXT cabinets are not available in Delhi AFAIK.
Even if you opt for fx8350 you won't lose much.CPU-wise it is quite good too and very good in heavily multi-threaded loads.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
CM K 380 - Rs 3224
Nzxt Source 210 Elite ( You might have to remove HDD cage to fit in a larger GPUs) - Rs 2850
Corsair 200R - Rs 3450

If gaming is your main criteria and some day to day encoding/decoding and a lot more IMO there is no point spending the same money or few hundred less (in case you buy the i5 3570) and going for 8350. The 8350 based system in comparison will give you 7/10Fps or much more less and in real world will still draw 100 watts more (on paper 48watts [sic]) power from the wall as mentioned in Techreport. So what does that transpire to? A noisy (fan) system ,because it gets hot , returns lowers FPS but still costs the same. As I always maintain, an i5 feels much more snappier than an AMD FX any day ( with both at base speeds)
The word here is optimum and the i5 in gaming is optimum.

Check this *www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8350_6.html#sect0

But the whole thing changes if you are heavily in to multi threaded (≥ 4) tasks which will require a lot of cores it is then that the 8350 will start making sense but only at that budget or price bracket it is in.

Check this *www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8350_7.html#sect0

Conclusion:
Multi-threaded applications: FX-8350 > i5-3570
Single threaded applications: i5-3570 > FX-8350
Gaming: i5-3570 > FX-8350
Power Consumption : i5-3570 > FX-8350

Last edited:
OP
H

hitman4

In the zone
Went to nehru place got the following quotes:

PARTS PRICE
Intel i5 3470 11300
Asrock H77 Pro/MVP 6700
Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 14700 (In two way SLI. Will buy one now and one in March)
Corsair Vengance 2 X 4GB 3000
Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 6100
Corsair GS600 4400
NZXT Source 210 Elite 2600
Asus DVD Writer 1000
Benq GL2250HM 8300
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit 6750
APC 1100va Back UPS 5250
Logitech K200 400
Logitech G400 1500
Razer Golothius 500
TOTAL 72500

Cilus

laborare est orare
Just pointing out one thing: The reviews where it has been shown that FX 8350 is providing 6 to 8 Frames lesser than i5 3470, testers did not use the highest image quality settings, little or no AA and little or no AF to make the games less GPU dependent and more CPU dependent. If you apply those, the gap becomes much shorter.
Also multi-threaded games like BF3 and Crysis 2, which also happened to be the two best looking games, the performance of FX 8350 and i5 3570K is almost same. Also don't forget that, the FPS was never lesser than 60 FPS which is more than okay.

regarding Stock cooler, in case of Intel processors, even you are using a non-K processor and gaming for long times, it is advised to get a after market cooler like Hyper TX3 for better cooling. Intel coolers are extremely bad and that's why they are not noisy.

Granted that AMD stock fans are noicy but their quality is far better than Intel Coolers. The current FX lineup comes with 3 Heatpipe based cooler withj solid copper base, resulting far better cooling performance, even for the hot Processor. You can go to 4.2 GHz stable with it. For that performance, the extra amount of noise it produces, is acceptable.

Regarding power consumption: If you run the FX 8350 24X7 for the whole month, you might get $10 extra bill and I don't think OP is gonna do the same.

Hitman4, the Motherboard you have chosen does not support SLI. Read the manufacturer's page for the product and check in SLI support is mentioned over there.

kapilove77

Padawan
Cilus don't waste ur energy telling him to buy amd he wont listen. I am suggesting you amd setup cuz if u go with amd you will get more items and equally good performance. Those 2-3% win of intel doesn't matter much in real world and also you will get multi thread which will help you later even your buying only for gaming. Rest is up to you Good luck.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ If he needs only for gaming and allround usage ( that means no specific selection of apps) then intel config is fine. No need to be fussy about this.

@ OP

Buddy it seems very few H77 boards have sli support and couldn't find a single one that supports sli.
For sli, you have to go the z77 boards and prices go north of 10k.

This is the cheapest and best i could find - Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard: Flipkart.com

For z77, better invest in a K processor.

So i suggest you to plan for 7850 crossfire and get the following board:

Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H Motherboard: Flipkart.com

OP
H

hitman4

In the zone
^^ If he needs only for gaming and allround usage ( that means no specific selection of apps) then intel config is fine. No need to be fussy about this.

@ OP

Buddy it seems very few H77 boards have sli support and couldn't find a single one that supports sli.
For sli, you have to go the z77 boards and prices go north of 10k.

This is the cheapest and best i could find - Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard: Flipkart.com

For z77, better invest in a K processor.

So i suggest you to plan for 7850 crossfire and get the following board:

Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H Motherboard: Flipkart.com
thanks for the suggestion but i was considering 660 sli because it gives better results than 7850 crossfire at the same cost

OP
H

hitman4

In the zone
if i buy i5 3470 and asrock z77 extreme4 it costs 21000
on the other hand if i buy i53570k and asrock z77 extreme4 it costs 24000
so is the 3000 rs worth spending on it....?
ALSO Will I HAVE TO BUY A CPU COOLER ALSO....?

gameranand

Living to Play
YES its worth it and yes you have to purchase a after market CPU cooler if temps in your region gets up in summers. I am suggesting a CPU cooler for mild overclocking, for no overclocking stock would do but still I would advice to get a CPU cooler, at least a basic one.

Top Bottom