Historical events in Thinkdigit forum!!!

Thom_Yorke

Right off the assembly line
Can anyone post all the historic events that had happened in TD forum!!like I know some user vaibhavtech was very annoying!!! and something related to shalu sharma happened!! but i don't know them in details. can some old member elaborate and add some events that were very contovetial and historic in TD forum!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Historical events in Thinkdigit forum!!!11

Aayush Arya challenged me to prove that I got album art for all my albums in WMP & Media Center, & he will pay me Rs 1k. I proved it but he chinked away saying "I won't pay, I never said". Although it was right there in Official Mac thread.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

...and then forum got this ugly theme, curse of angulimaal

din

Tribal Boy

Back in 2004

We had a member - Vinny. He was intelligent and his writing style was great. But his language was very sharp and rude sometimes. Sometimes he wrote adult matters too, that also in western living styles.

In short, majority of the members were getting angry and Mods had to take action. After a few more heated up debates, he started writing very provocative and abusive posts about a minority religion. And things became worse. The chit chat and fight club were not there then. Mods took immediate action but he kept on making new ids like
TheUndead, deleted_empathy,TimothyMcVeigh etc. I tried to solve it by talking to Raaabo, dexter, other mods and this guy. Raaabo was very active in forum those days. But it was all out of control.

Finally he left the forum. dexter cleaned up all the threads. I still remember him because some of his posts were excellent. But that incident showed us how people goes both extremes. I think he was an IIT dropout.

OP
Thom_Yorke

Thom_Yorke

Right off the assembly line

Back in 2004

We had a member - Vinny. He was intelligent and his writing style was great. But his language was very sharp and rude sometimes. Sometimes he wrote adult matters too, that also in western living styles.

In short, majority of the members were getting angry and Mods had to take action. After a few more heated up debates, he started writing very provocative and abusive posts about a minority religion. And things became worse. The chit chat and fight club were not there then. Mods took immediate action but he kept on making new ids like
TheUndead, deleted_empathy,TimothyMcVeigh etc. I tried to solve it by talking to Raaabo, dexter, other mods and this guy. Raaabo was very active in forum those days. But it was all out of control.

Finally he left the forum. dexter cleaned up all the threads. I still remember him because some of his posts were excellent. But that incident showed us how people goes both extremes. I think he was an IIT dropout.

Thanks for sharing!!! I was looking for this kind of responses only!!!

...and then forum got this ugly theme, curse of angulimaal

why do you post only so short and vague msges???

April 2007. All nice members left..

why what happened?

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

^ ^ ^ I remember that one!!! I think it was him who started a thread about the models on Digit's cover!!! In one post he wrote that he w*nked off on the cover girl of Digit's July 2004 (or 2003?) isue!!! :D :lol:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

The Harry Potter 5/6 Spoiler Thread.
Some guy whose name starts with Q was involved,
And one female.

It was the EPIC thread !!!!!!!!!! Awesome Entertainment !!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

There was an epic battle between "Which game had the best graphics, Doom III or Half Life 2?"

I suppose Gx will remember this as it was between him & Enoonmai. Those had some massive amount of knowledgeable posts I had ever seen. Too bad they removed that thread.

Also there was a heated debate in a topic called "fanATIcs V/S nVidiaots" That had been raised to an extreme level of fanboyism. Was a very interesting read again.

God I miss those days back when I joined the forum. :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

^ ^ ^ If I remember correctly, GX was the first guy on the forum to download Doom 3 on his 64Kbps connection. :D

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

I remember the shalu sharma one!!!!!! well at that time last book of Harry Potter series was to be released. Everyone was supercharged!!! Just few days before the official release of book , pirated edition of book in the collection of photographs of book had come out on the net!! Some girl(as was claimed by the member) named Shalu Sharma had read the book and had posted some big spoiler in the thread. or she was exchanging her thoughts on the book with another member Quiz Master, which obviously contained spoilers. Some other unfortunate member or guest had accidentally read the spoilers , as there was no spoiler warning. This pissed that member so off that he created a new id based on Pink Floyd's album (Dark side of the moon, i think) and as claimed by him, actually Hacked into that female Shalu's account!!! (I dunno how is that possible or how true was the claim.......was it some kind of Spell from Hogwards???). The hacker said it was to take revenge from shalu for spoiling the book and went on to prove that Shalu is a fake and was indeed Quiz master himself with an alibi. THe now defaced female Shalu came back with a new id and did some crying and said goodbye to forum. I still dunno how right Dark side of the moon in his claim, but he entertained us a lot.

That was an EPIC thread.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER

^ ^ ^ I remember that one!!! I think it was him who started a thread about the models on Digit's cover!!! In one post he wrote that he w*nked off on the cover girl of Digit's July 2004 (or 2003?) isue!!! :D :lol:
Rofl, desperate.

I joined the forum in Sept 07 and spammed all over this forum. Do you need something more historical?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

There was an epic battle between "Which game had the best graphics, Doom III or Half Life 2?"

I used to favor OpenGL a lot at that time due to learning 3ds Max :D, later on I jumped in DirectX & WPF due to which I found how correct Enoonmai was cos OpenGL is only workstation centric & hardly general purpose like DirectX (DirectDraw, WPF etc etc)

^ ^ ^ If I remember correctly, GX was the first guy on the forum to download Doom 3 on his 64Kbps connection. :grin:

Ah! those were the days of cable internet :D

I remember the shalu sharma one!!!!!! well at that time last book of Harry Potter series was to be released. Everyone was supercharged!!! Just few days before the official release of book , pirated edition of book in the collection of photographs of book had come out on the net!! Some girl(as was claimed by the member) named Shalu Sharma had read the book and had posted some big spoiler in the thread. or she was exchanging her thoughts on the book with another member Quiz Master, which obviously contained spoilers. Some other unfortunate member or guest had accidentally read the spoilers , as there was no spoiler warning. This pissed that member so off that he created a new id based on Pink Floyd's album (Dark side of the moon, i think) and as claimed by him, actually Hacked into that female Shalu's account!!! (I dunno how is that possible or how true was the claim.......was it some kind of Spell from Hogwards???). The hacker said it was to take revenge from shalu for spoiling the book and went on to prove that Shalu is a fake and was indeed Quiz master himself with an alibi. THe now defaced female Shalu came back with a new id and did some crying and said goodbye to forum. I still dunno how right Dark side of the moon in his claim, but he entertained us a lot.

I used to talk to shalu too & after her ID was hacked, I was banned by mehul cos he claimed I was endorsing piracy (which I was not) & everyone thought its a big conspiracy :p

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़

Though I did not witness that personally as I joined much later, I remember someone mentioning that once when the forum was poorly managed, without any upgrades, etc, the mods went on strike.

I don't know how much of this is true, but can somebody confirm this and tell us more about this?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

^^^ that was a reason the forum was upgraded to vBulletin from PhpBB

mrintech

Technomancer

I missed all the above events :( Though Joined in 2005 (via Cyber Cafe), but at that time I had no Internet connection :(

Top Bottom