Hiding files in a computer

amjath

Human Spambot
here's another trick :

1. put all of your files ( yu want to hide into a folder say hidden ( the files you want to hide.)
2. Make a password protected zip archive of that folder say hidden.zip using winrar
3. Use an image file say something.jpg, the hidden.zip file should be in the same location as well
4. Now open a command prompt window in this folder - click on any blank area of this folder by holding the Shift button and choose Open Command Window Here use this command :
Code:
copy /b something.jpg+hidden.zip sweet.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/2rp5fdi.png

5. this will create a new file called called sweet.jpg with the hidden.zip file embedded into it ( you can delete the something.jpg and hidden.zip now )
6. to get back the password protected zip file ie hidden.zip just rename sweet.jpg into sweet.zip and extract the files using winrar.

*i45.tinypic.com/f29g7p.png

in short,
Go to folder options --> View Tab --> Uncheck "Hide Extensions for known file types" --> Click OK.
To the rar file [trick.rar] rename it as "trick.jpg"
then go to folder options --> View Tab --> Check "Hide Extensions for known file types" --> Click OK [Optional, but u can see all files with there extensions]
Note: Zip or rar file needed not be protected

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
in short,
go to folder options --> view tab --> uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" --> click ok.
To the rar file [trick.rar] rename it as "trick.jpg"
then go to folder options --> view tab --> check "hide extensions for known file types" --> click ok [optional, but u can see all files with there extensions]
note: Zip or rar file needed not be protected

nice shortcut!!!

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
I created a folder using the code mentioned earlier and then ran the .bat file again to hide the folder.
But only the folder's name change to "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" and is still visible.
does i have do something else too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ gameranand and astrokidvaibhav - thanks guys for the sweet comments.

@ amjath - thanks for those extra steps.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Why this much? Simply create another user account say a guest account or a limited account (that way, the user won't be able to change advanced permissions). That way, any files associated with your account (with proper user permissions using UAC) won't be accessible to anyone logging in from another account, neither anyone will get to see your activity history - be it a video clip, images, websites, etc......:twisted:

Top Bottom