Hepl me in Buying a WRIST WATCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Hey guys, I m planning to buy a wrist watch for myself. My budget is approx. 5000/-. Which brand/ model will suit me? My age is of 20 years. How about Timex Retrograde or SLX? Any other ideas?

Waiting for reply...................
Thanx

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i dont know what kind of a watch u want but this one is good.and for swatch u gotta check their outlet.coz it was like a yr ago when i went there and saw a cooooool watch for 5100.
Casio-
*www.gadgetsguru.in/casio-watch-g-300-3avdr-price-specification-buy-india-3536.aspx

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
+1 Titan Fastrack or Go for Swatch even I wana buy it :D my bro has one Swatch watch and its Dam Cool :D
Can u give me 2k from 5k :D may be we both will able to buy a watch :D

amitava82

MMO Addict
I'd suggest Casio Chronograph MTP4500D-1A. Dunno how much It costs in India. I wanted to get this one, instead I got Casio Edifice Bracelet hoping the thermometer would be cool. But the stupid thermometer gets heated up with body heat n shows wrong temperature... :mad:

*wereldhorloges.nl/img/large/1740.jpg
Casio Chronograph MTP4500D-1A

*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CXCA70QAL._AA280_.jpg
Edifice Bracelet

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I have a Swatch. You'll get Swatch for 5k but they won't look good, IMO. Swatch starts from 4k here, afaik.

The best option is to go for Casio or Titan (if you want formal look).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i bought this 1 last year for 2.5k actually knew the shop keeper so he gave me a back dated bill reducing the cost by 2k

*www.timex.com/gp/product/B0002291U...&m=A1S5XB33AHYRMX&n=267161011&timexBrand=core

looks cool ... black and chrome ana-digi

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Thanks guyz,

@UTSAV, Can't afford Rolex man. They r higher priced.

@NISH, I don't like gold plated watch (these r generally worn by upper age people, I want a watch for my age group) nor fastrack for their so funky looks. I like simple design watches with decent/eye candy look with chronograph just like TIMEX Retrograde. Have u seen Timex SLX or Retrograde?

@ SAURABH, Sorry brother I can't do this. :D. Like u I also have dream of wearing ROLEX watch in my wrist but...........

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
man i was asking abt analog\digital.anyways that timex that imav wears looks great.
@ amitava plz tell the prices of those beauties :)
swatch chrono would not look that cool but they are good watches.check their webpage

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Thanx friends for ur advices.

@NISH, I like analog watches.

@Amitava, Yes These kinds of watches I m looking for. Now I m going to search for their latest version.

@DRUDGE, Exactly what I wanted to say about SWATCH (within my price range).

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Well I have a Swatch Irony chrono- got it for 5k or so but its really worth it. It has a semi-formal look too.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
I Think the best thing u can go for in 5k range is Titan EDGE....
I have one and its reallly cool in its own distinct way...
*www.titanworld.com/Stores/Watches/Images/L2268SM02.jpg

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Rolex for 5k. Its shocking. Utsav, can you specify the model no plz.

Hayabosa, keep your eye open and try to avail some discounts. You might end up with a much better watch that way.

iamtheone

Journeyman
i too got a swatch...its a chrono with a black dial and a full aluminium body....tis got a stretchable aluminium band wih a lock as well,no screws at all...there's not even a single opening at the back too....the battery fits in from the outside itself....its pretty cool IMO....and it looks equally good over a pair of khakhis as it does over some rugged jeans...it costed me about 5.5k...dunno the exact model number though....came in a cool leather box too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom