Help!!wanna build a new rig...kolkata

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Please help me build my rig..sorry for the caps thing,i realized it after typing almost whole message..

I WANT THE INTEL PROCESSOR ONLY SO PLEASE SUGGEST ACCORDINGLY.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: GAMING,MUSIC,MOVIES,INTERNET,COLLEGE WORK SUCH AS DESIGNING GUI BASED PROGRAMS

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: YES.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:60K

4. Planning to overclock?
A:I DO WANT TO BUT NEED A WONDERFUL GUIDE TO HELP ME OUT WITH IT.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB AS I ALREADY HAVE 1.5TB SEAGATE

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 1920x1080

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:8

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:I HAVE BUILT AROUND FOUR OF THEM EARLIER

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: DECEMBER 20,2010 BUT CAN WAIT IF SANDYBRIDGE PROCESSOR WOULD BE BETTER THAN CURRENT PROCESSORS.AND THE PRICE OF THE NEW PROCESSORS WOULD BE COMPARATIVELY MORE OR LESS SIMILAR TO THE CURRENT AVAILABLE CORE I5 AND CORE I7 PROCESSORS.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:YES ATLEAST FOR NEXT 3-4 YEARS

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:NOPE.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I AM FROM KOLKATA AND PREFER BUYING IT PERSONALLY FROM KOLKATA ONLY.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:I HAD SELECTED CORE I7-950 PROCESSOR WITH ASUS SABERTOOTH MOBO BUT WHEN I GOT TO KNOW THAT THE PROCCY IS TOO OLD I JUST GOT CONFUSED WHETHER TO BUY I5 OR I7 OR WAIT FOR SANDYBRIDGE.
I CAN RAISE MY BUDGET BY ANOTHER 5K MAX.BUT A RIG UNDER 60K WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

I have heard that sapphire gpu's are best coz they are vfm and dont get too hot even after long hours of play.is that right?

PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE LOCAL DEALERS OF KOLKATA WITH THEIR CONTACT NUMBER FROM WHOM I CAN PURCHASE MY RIG WITHOUT HESITATION.And who could offer me the best price for my rig.

THANKS IN ADVANCE..

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
If you can wait for 2 months then wait.

If not
AMD X6 1090T @ 11k
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H or MSI 880GMA-E45 @5.5k
GSkill 4GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz CL7 @ 4k
Seagate 7200.12 500GB @ 1.7k
GTX 570 @ 18k
CM 690 II @ 4.5k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k or Seasonic S12II 520W @ 4.2k
Dell ST2220L @ 8.5k
MX518 @ 1.2k
Keyboard @ .5k
Altec Lansing VS2621 @ 1.5k
TOTAL 60k

1090T for Future Proofing and easy OCing. Mobo if future proof with USB3 and SATA3.
Great cabinet for cool temps. Nice LED monitor. MX518 for games.

Although the GTX 570 isn't out yet, it will be before 20 dec. Although ask again 2-3 days before you buy.

And 18k is just $ to Rs conversion :D

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ishu that mobo has 4+1 phase power and 1090t is 125w. now sorcerer says thats not good too pair 125w with 4+1 phase. what now?

OP
NITIN BHUWANIA

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
Hey ishu i had mentioned clearly i want only intel processors..
so can you please suggest a config with intel processor...:p

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Intel i5 760 @ 9.8k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 @ 6.5k
REST SAME

No difference to the price. But as I said 1090T will be more future proof and OC easily due to being Black Edition.

4+1 supports upto 125W TDP. OC headroom will be a little less than 8+1 but that depends on CPU architecture.

Know about any 8 phase mobos??

Last edited:
OP
NITIN BHUWANIA

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
thanks...

can u suggest one with core i7-950 also...wont mind increasing the budget a bit as i want to have a core gaming computer which i wont have to think about for next three years...

and dont u think gtx580 wont be available in india for atleast jan second week and even the price would be too high so can please suggest any alternate gpu?:smile:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
570 should be out soon. As few members are already purchasing 580, 570 should be out in 2010.

Alternate GPU.
HD 6870 @ 14k
I'll say again that ask again 2-3 days before you buy. Price cuts might come soon.

i7 950 @ 14k
Sabertooth x58 @ 13k
Out of your budget.

OP
NITIN BHUWANIA

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
@ishu

Is AMD X6 1090T better than intel core I5-760 in perfomance???
please do take voltage thing into consideration...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
In gaming and other single threaded apps - i5 760 95watt

In 3d rendering and video encoding - phenom 2 x6 1090t 125watt

i5 has less tdp whereas 1090t is a black edition proccy and overclocks easily.

You decide what you want.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
Vickybat is correct.

i5 760
Slightly ahead in gaming
Difficult to OC if you're new.

1090T
Quite ahead in multithreaded tasks
Easy to OC
Future Proof

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can also consider Core i7 950 as in Kolkata it is available within 12K. It would be the best choice of processors as in any applications, gaming, 3D rendering or gaming it is ahead of Phenom II 1090T.

mitraark

Decrepit
The i7 950 is the most future proof solution you will get now , many people are buying it , you should really consider it.

virus007

Updating Gaming Rig
If you don't want computer immediately, then wait for another month.
Intel's new processors are launching with better performance and power than i5,i7. Asus, GB, MSI already displayed its socket 1155 motherboards.
Also, GTX 570 & 580 will be easily available in India by that time.

Invest in a new technology, else your latest i7 will be one generation old in another month :smile:

OP
NITIN BHUWANIA

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
You can also consider Core i7 950 as in Kolkata it is available within 12K. It would be the best choice of processors as in any applications, gaming, 3D rendering or gaming it is ahead of Phenom II 1090T.

Where can i get core I7-950 in 12.5k???Can you tell me some shops name???

If you don't want computer immediately, then wait for another month.
Intel's new processors are launching with better performance and power than i5,i7. Asus, GB, MSI already displayed its socket 1155 motherboards.
Also, GTX 570 & 580 will be easily available in India by that time.

Invest in a new technology, else your latest i7 will be one generation old in another month :smile:

Yaa i think i will drop my plan of buying the computer now...as i was buying both computer and laptop...so i think i will buy the computer later on and buy the laptop now coz the new processors would take some time to appear in the laptop range in india...
what do u say???

can anyone please suggest me a laptop also???

click here to get to the thread..

waiting for replies...

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If you're buying now, i7 950+ sabertooth is the way to go. AFAIH, vedant computers is in Kolkata. There's also an online seller exodus pc but I am not sure if he's around or still in the business.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^

Even i'm not able to contact thunder02dragon, the owner of exodus pc. I bought my rams and coolermaster elite 335 from him.

The site says its under construction. Guess he'll be back soon.

OP
NITIN BHUWANIA

NITIN BHUWANIA

Broken In
If you're buying now, i7 950+ sabertooth is the way to go. AFAIH, vedant computers is in Kolkata. There's also an online seller exodus pc but I am not sure if he's around or still in the business.

I did check out with them but the price were above 13.5k...:grin:
but as said by cilus that they are available for less than 12k so just waiting for his reply where i could get it at that price..:razz::razz::razz:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel i5 760 @ 9.8k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 @ 6.5k
REST SAME

No difference to the price. But as I said 1090T will be more future proof and OC easily due to being Black Edition.

4+1 supports upto 125W TDP. OC headroom will be a little less than 8+1 but that depends on CPU architecture.

Know about any 8 phase mobos??

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...pc-buying-guide-dec-2010-a-4.html#post1309201

see sorcerer's post

Top Bottom