help to buy music phone/ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovered

Right off the assembly line
i am looking for a mobile phone with music, at least 2 gb memory. i have looked at n73 me and motorokr e6 premium. though I think n73 will be better, but people say that n series phones hang a lot. is this true? will it be worth buying n73? as of motorokr, its battery life is less than nokia, but the wireless bluetooth headset is very attractive.

i request you to advise which will be better.

i have also looked at apple ipods. the new ipod touch looks amazing. the 8 gb version comes at 15000. i will think of buying an ipod only if its sound quality is really better. is there anyone who has used both an ipod and n73. which one has better music quality.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You want music phone, go look for something in the W series of Sony Erricson.
And where are u getting iPod touch 8GB for 15000?

OP
I

ilovered

i don't want to go for sony ericsson. only nokia or motorola. i have my reasons for this.

i am getting ipod touch 8 gb for 15000 in gizmoworld, delhi.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I would highly recommend the iPod touch and a cheap cellphone, dude. That thing is smokin' hot. Just look at this: *www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

It is unbelievably cool! Just go to any Apple Authorised Reseller and try it for a few minutes. If at the end of demo time, you want to let it go, then buy whatever you want. But believe me, you won't want to let it go. :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ilovered said:
i don't want to go for sony ericsson. only nokia or motorola. i have my reasons for this.

i am getting ipod touch 8 gb for 15000 in gizmoworld, delhi.
Then buy a Nokia 1110i alongwith iPod Touch :D Best combination!!! Seriously...

OP
I

ilovered

infra_red_dude said:
Then buy a Nokia 1110i alongwith iPod Touch :D Best combination!!! Seriously...
I am currently using nokia 1110i. just wanted to replace it with a music phone.:)

kumarmohit said:
Where in delhi is this gizmoworld?
Near Green Park, in Yusuf Sarai.

The reason I don't want to buy an ipod is that it doesn't have speakers. I don't want to plug in earphones all the time and listen to music.

Is the music quality of ipods really better than mobile phones or there is only marginal difference between them?

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Why would you want speakers? Generally music players can output only pathetic quality when they use in built speakers. If you really want speakers consider samsung's mp3 player with that large speaker built in.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I suggest u take a look at n91.Superb quality,after that n73.Reparding ipod,it will provide you the best aural experience.

K

krazyfrog

ilovered said:
Is the music quality of ipods really better than mobile phones or there is only marginal difference between them?
The difference right now concerns only loudness rather than quality. Many phones right now, like SE Walkman range, MOTO ROKR E6, Samsung U600/F300, Nokia N91/95/73, etc offer sound quality nearly as good as dedicated audio players (like iPod). However they don't go really loud like them. Currently only N91 can go really loud. Higher volume/power is necessary if you want to drive big headphones. If you don't intend to, or will be using in-ears (which don't require much power) you can go for a cell phone with good sound quality (such as those mentioned above) instead of a dedicated audio player.:)

din

Tribal Boy
Not hijacking the thread, but I am thinking something similar to this but not very costly. But not a phone..

Like an MP3 player + portable external speakers.

Reason - same ! I do not like earphones !

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@OP
If its only music that you want then I'd suggest get iPod touch and stick with your 1110i as I said earlier.

@din
You can buy the Sandisk Sansa and separate speakers. Creative makes one. They are quite good. But if you want a phone you can get w810i or w610 which haf MPS60 speakers bundled.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Who wants the iPod touch for the music!

You should buy it because it is just the sexiest device with the best friggin' user interface ever! Dude, I'm telling you, just lay your hands on it for fifteen minutes. You won't need any persuasion to buy it after that! :D

Josan

Gangsta
i think that you must go for Nokia N91 8Gb ,,
The sound of this phone is better than than all the other phones(n80,n73etc ,)
You wont like to listen music on other Music phones or mp3 player,after using this phone !!!!!!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
2 devices is really difficult to keep and u have to be extra careful wen out so i prefer and advise ppl to go for 1 device doing justice to all features which as of now would be n73 or some se fone

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Josan said:
You wont like to listen music on other Music phones or mp3 player,after using this phone !!!!!!!

Isn't this phone extremely bulky and brittle due to it's 2.5" HDD?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it is. It is a friggin' rock!

And it hangs and crashes (and is extremely slow) for no reason at all. Definitely not recommended.

OP
I

ilovered

Josan said:
The first phone I had thought about buying was N91, but I got many reviews that it hangs a lot because of its hard drive. also, no authorised dealers are selling n91 now. its only available in the grey market. so i am looking at other phones.

i think i will eventually settle for n73me.

can anybody tell what is the price of n73 me along with headphones. (the same headphone which was provided with n91)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
You should buy it because it is just the sexiest device with the best friggin' user interface ever! Dude, I'm telling you, just lay your hands on it for fifteen minutes. You won't need any persuasion to buy it after that! :D

Ahem! what if someone wants an all in one device? Phone + PMP...

plz don't say the iUseless Phone

@ ilovered...N73 is my recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom