Help regarding Study/home Computer

lionhearteagle

Right off the assembly line
A great big hi to all the experts out here in the forum! I have been following this forum for quite some time, and I think you can help me out here, I've filled in my answers below

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:I intend to use it to study ebooks and scanned and photographed books converted to pdf format in adobe acrobat or foxit phantom pdf applications.The photographed/ scanned books are huge, abt 100 MB or more
I might open a few pdf documents simultaneously, browse the web for references at the same time and listen to music. Music definitely.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: overall budget around 25k rupees

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No if I can get enough speeds without any modifications will be good

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb preferably to store all books and a lot of music files

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I would really like that the monitor be of good clarity and minimum strain to the eyes.And big enough so that I can see maximum part of a page in a pdf file at once, so I needn't keep scrolling.Currently while reading from a laptop scrolling up and down is a hassle. so 20 inches maybe, shall take your suggestions ..

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard, speakers, mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within a week or earlier

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't yet done that, I would like to do that on my own if advisable.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Chennai, online stores - if they are safe to do so and give a cheaper rate

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Looking forward to hear from you, please suggest me a good configuration to fit my needs, I was initially contemplating about the i3 2100 and h61 or h67 mobo but am open to your suggestions, please tell me abt the pros and cons. thanks in advance :)

saswat23

Human Spambot
Here is my suggestion:
* Intel i3-2100 -- 6.2k
* Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -- 3.5k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM -- 1.2k
* WDC Blue 500GB HDD -- 4.2k
* Asus 24x DVD-RW -- 1.1k
* CM Elite 310 -- 1.5k
* FSP SAGA-II 350W -- 1.5k
* DELL IN2030M HD LED -- 6k
Total ---- 25.2k

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU AMD A6 3500 3975
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2V 3740
RAM G.Skill Value DDR3 4GB 1150
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4300
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case Frontech/iBall/Intex 1000
PSU FSP Saga II 400 1900
Monitor Dell IN2030M 6100
UPS Numeric 600VA 1700
Total 24975

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i3 config is faster & integrated graphics is enough for your current needs.buy a cheap cabinet for ~600-700,intex 600VA ups for ~1200 & FSP saga II 400W for ~1900.get H61 mobo from intel or gigabyte with 16x pci-e slot for graphics card.intel DH67CLB3 costs ~5500 but has all features like sata3(useful only if you plan to get ssd in future),usb3 & e-sata.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: Help Study/ home Computer 25k budget

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 6K
Biostar H61MLB @ 3K
Corsair 4GB X 1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.1K
WD Blue 500 GB @ 4.1K
LG 22X SATA DVD R/W @ 0.85K
Acer 205H 20" (1600X900) LCD @ 5.2K (check deltapage)
Corsair CX 430V2 @ 2.2K
Zebronics Bijli Cabinet w/o PSU @ 1.4K

Total: 23.85K.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...

You already have a thread with exactly the same needs. Multiple threads won't help buddy.

Cilus

laborare est orare

You already have a thread with exactly the same needs. Multiple threads won't help buddy.

Thanks for pointing out.

lionhearteagle, next time don't create multiple threads for the same purpose. I'm merging it with your other thread but in future be little careful.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Go with Cilus configuration with little change for monitor go with samsung B2030 for 5,300 and hp dvd writer for 1000

OP
L

lionhearteagle

h61 or 67 to unlock integrated graphics built inside the processor?

Thanks a lot guys,
sorry for starting that other thread, I had asked this question but it was not appearing on the forum, thought there was some glitch.
One question friends, is h61 better or h 67, I read somewhere that to be able to use the inbuilt graphics in the i3 processor, one needs a h67 board. is that true? the hd graphics 3000 is it located on the board or the processor.
again thanks a ton for the help!:-D

does a HDmi port come with i3 2100, which mobo has it, Dell IN2030M monitor doesn't have a hdmi port. will it make a difference. I'd like to buy a good monitor which doesn't strain my eyes, coz I read a lot of books on the computer and spend long hours continuously. I can spend a little more on the monitor if I can get a better quality one. Would a 22 inch monitor be better than 20 inch for reading pdf documents. Please suggest with pricing
looking forward to your reply
:razz:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
H67 allows graphics turbo. processor turbo is there on H61 also. HD2000/3000 is part of processor.

HDMI = DVI + audio. no loss or improvement in quality.

OP
L

lionhearteagle

1. Would a 22 inch monitor be better than 20 inch for reading pdf documents. Please suggest with pricing

2.I read somewhere that to be able to use the inbuilt graphics in the i3 processor, one needs a h67 board. is that true?

looking forward to your reply :-D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
both H61 & H67 supports core i processor integrated graphics.H61 mobos are cheaper & usually lacks in features like usb3,sata3,lesser usb/expansion slots etc.
LGA 1155 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compare Intel® Products

Top Bottom