Help regarding graphic card

cylops

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

Thank you for reading.

PC Config

Intel i7-2600K (with cool master cooler)
Intel DH67BL
RAM 16 GB
Hard Disk seagate green drive 2 TB
Screen (Sony Bravia LED TV 32 inch)

(This PC was originally developed for some other purpose.) I want to also make this as a gaming rig. I would need your help in deciding a graphic card which would give sufficient boost. I am wish to play the following games MW3, Battlefield 3, Crisis etc.. & any new releases like the gta 5.

Need a card to support most games for the next 2 years.

Please suggest me the card which will fit the above pc config the best with the following range

OPT 1 : less than 5K
OPT 2 : less than 10K
OPT 3 : less than 15K

Cheers,
:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 6670 GDDR5
HD 6850
HD 6950 2 GB

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/151004-best-graphic-cards-money-india.html

Also mention your PSU.

OP
C

cylops

Thank you for your reply.

Please excuse me, PSU was not mentioned in my config as I know it will not be sufficient for the graphic card. I will updgrade it after deciding the graphic card.

FYI.. PSU (iball 250W).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why are you pairing a K series processor with H-series motherboard? get non-K processor. but retain the aftermarket HSF as these processors (irrespective of unlocked or not) overheats.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Please excuse me, PSU was not mentioned in my config as I know it will not be sufficient for the graphic card. I will updgrade it after deciding the graphic card.

FYI.. PSU (iball 250W).

I think you better get a new PSu with the new gfx card - get HD6870 around ~12-12.5k and Corsair CX500v2 @ 3k ;-)

OP
C

cylops

As per the suggestion which motherboard will fit the best I agree that i have clubed it with the H series motherboard instead of the Z68 chipset avialable in market.

Yes, I have retain hte original HSF, FYI.. I had executed the prime95 load testing when i had assabled the machine, as hte original HSF was not able to do the job, so I had to replace it with a cool master HSF which works better by reducing the heating on load by 20 %. (just a note, the processor is not overclocked and produce heat near its max).

FYI... The original HSF can control and not allow the temp to go its max but if one's pc is not going to observe continuous load for 3-5 hrs can work with original HSF.

Cheers,

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am looking for a change currently 2 hd 5770 and will be selling one of it and wish to sell the other.

So let me know the best arround 20k. My current pc can handle close to 850-900 watts. So let me know crossfire combination based gpu. Will 7950 worth investing than 6950 card.

Whats the difference as new gen can save power and work 15-20 percentage faster which is good as per my view.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking for a change currently 2 hd 5770 and will be selling one of it and wish to sell the other.

So let me know the best arround 20k. My current pc can handle close to 850-900 watts. So let me know crossfire combination based gpu. Will 7950 worth investing than 6950 card.

Whats the difference as new gen can save power and work 15-20 percentage faster which is good as per my view.
yes, for you HD 7950 will be worth investing. Runs very cool and you can overclock it very highly even on stock cooler. Still runs cool.

OP
C

cylops

I am open to budget, since the IT world changes very fast I prefer to get the best combination @ lowest price possible. Which z68 model will be the best?

Does any one have any clue on the GT520 card, as on the nvidia site it says as new and ASUS GT 520 with 2 GB ddr3, would it be worth combining with my config.

Just for info, I am asking as i know its a very basic card and for serious gaming experience it not recommended.

Cheers,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Does any one have any clue on the GT520 card, as on the nvidia site it says as new and ASUS GT 520 with 2 GB ddr3, would it be worth combining with my config.

GT520? as a PhysX Processing Unit? NO.

even for normal games, it is a very slow GPU and HD3000 on the "K" series processor competes with it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am open to budget, since the IT world changes very fast I prefer to get the best combination @ lowest price possible. Which z68 model will be the best?

Just for info, I am asking as i know its a very basic card and for serious gaming experience it not recommended.

Cheers,

get any of these Z68 mobos ;-)

Biostar TZ68K+ Motherboard @ 7.5k
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 @ 9.3k
ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z * @ 12.9k
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 * @ 15.1k
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 @ 14.6k

Top Bottom