Help: PC goes to Hibernate but not shuts down

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, the title is a bit misguiding as the problem is quite confusing to put in a line.

I've a PC running Win7. I use UPS of APC which has a facility to shut down the PC when electricity goes off. It used to work perfectly when I was running WinXP.

Now in Win7, PC goes to Hibernate when APC tries to shut it down. I want my PC to be shut down when electricity goes out not hibernate.

Any help?

P.S. from power settings I've selected Sleep options as Never and Hibernate option as Never but they are not working it seems.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
is this a feature in Win 7?? to allow the user to continue from the same point where it left after power failure, rather than shut down.
I don't have UPS but in case of shut down did it forcefully close the apps or allowed the user to save the work before shutdown?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Your ups may not be able to communicate properly with the system, check if there is any drivers for your ups.

imsudheer98

Right off the assembly line
yo guys u can remove the hibernate option from ur windows 7 it may help u shutting down ur system guys

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Goto to power options in control option and look around for the options to configure UPS options

Top Bottom