help needed to configure a heavy duty gaming pc!!!!

Piyush

Lanaya
ok i am waiting for a month.but may be could'nt delay any further.

ok..if that suits u..

and if u ever go for AMD setup with 8xx board
remember to go for MSI/ECS/ASUS
go for gigabyte if u dont have any plans to add a big gfx card or more than 3 hdd and DVD rom
bcoz i have seen that when a big gfx card (something like 6870 size) is added ,it covers up 2 sata ports on the mobo
and these cant be used even with the help of "T" connectors
so that means u left with 3 open ports

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
ok..if that suits u..

and if u ever go for AMD setup with 8xx board
remember to go for MSI/ECS/ASUS
go for gigabyte if u dont have any plans to add a big gfx card or more than 3 hdd and DVD rom
bcoz i have seen that when a big gfx card (something like 6870 size) is added ,it covers up 2 sata ports on the mobo
and these cant be used even with the help of "T" connectors
so that means u left with 3 open ports

ok but where does an amd 1055t based rig with good mobo stands in comparison to a current intel i5 760 based rig.

Piyush

Lanaya
ok but where does an amd 1055t based rig with good mobo stands in comparison to a current intel i5 760 based rig.

look there will be always some performance difference between AMD and INTEL
but IMO AMD beats the crap out of intel in Performance/price ratio

today u get i5 760 rig and tomorrow it will be obsolete
try to understand the point

u asked for sub 50k rig
and i just assembled a sub 45k rig which will be far more better than sub 45k intel rig

u saved 5k that can be used somewhere else that u can think of

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
look there will be always some performance difference between AMD and INTEL
but IMO AMD beats the crap out of intel in Performance/price ratio

today u get i5 760 rig and tomorrow it will be obsolete
try to understand the point

u asked for sub 50k rig
and i just assembled a sub 45k rig which will be far more better than sub 45k intel rig

u saved 5k that can be used somewhere else that u can think of

It doesn't beat the crap actually in the higher mid range. I would say i5 760 is as future proof as 1055t. i5 760 is a great performer in most apps and performs very very close in heavily multithreaded apps. Its even superior to 1055t in clock per clock execution.

Op here should for i5 2400 sb processor at around the price of an i5 760 which is a LOT future proof than all previous intel i5's and amd x6's.

Currently a 45k intel sandybridge rig is much more better than any amd rig that can fit in the budget.

Now most will point out that they will pair an athlon 2 x4 with a sub 4k 880mobo and add a fast card like 6870, 6970 or gtx570 or even a 6850cf. But i am highly against such config as the cpu will clearly be a huge bottleneck. In this scenario , spending a bit more and getting the midranged cpu's like previous gen i5's, amd x4's or x6's and current sb i5's(perfect choice) are highly recommended.

As things stand currently, amd will phase out its x6 processors and bulldozer(2-4) cores will be the sucessor and will compete with sandybridge cpu's. All of these qualify as good gaming cpu's but the latest architecture cpu's are more future proof.

So the conclusion is there should be a balance in performance between the cpu and gpu. A fast cpu + a weak gpu and vice versa is a bad choice.

Last edited:
OP
L

logichost

Broken In
@vickybat
then either we should opt for intel snady bridge i5 2400 or should bur i5 760.
then will it be future proof , plz let me know

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't agree with Piyush. Firstly, IMO AMD doesn't beat up Intel, and secondly, whatever RIG OP gets, be it a i5 760, i7 980 or SB 2600K, it will be obsolete within a very few days. SB Proccy is newly released and have good OC'ing capability with lower power consumption, that's why it's recommended to him, but that doesn't mean it will not obsolete soon and frankly I don't believe in the term 'Future Proof' in case for any technical gadgets.
Thanks and Regards.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
But we can relate the "future proof" term "relatively". Sandybridge cpu's are relatively more future proof than their predecessors and competition. Upcoming ivybridge will be more future proof related to sandybridge and so on.

@ logichost

i5 2400 will be perfect for you imo. Relatively futureproof as well.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
i do agree with you vickybat if i wont be able to buy 2500k then i will go for 2400+h67 cofig.
and its even better than amd's 1090t config.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
@ vickybat and ithappy

look guys i never said that AMD beats intel in performance issue
i said it beats in performance/price ratio

for example
just make a 50k rig including each required component and see the table yourself

@logichost
see if u are ok with waiting a bit then u can go for SB config
and yes..the previous AMD rig will easily obey you for next couple of years

Piyush

Lanaya
ok guys i think i figured it out what i was lacking

the thing is that upto certain budget AMD is the better option
and above "that" budget intel steps forward

now does it makes any sense?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
look guys i never said that AMD beats intel in performance issue
i said it beats in performance/price ratio

not anymore. yes, last gen Core i3 & i5 6 series processors were overpriced but this time, AMD loose that too. maybe if X4 955 & above or X6 1090T retails for 6 & 9k than it makes sense, else spend little more & i5 2400 finishes them.

what i feel is, i5 2400 is the chip i5 750 was in 2010. only that it didn't shipped with any graphics. so the Phenom II X4 line was enjoying. now, either AMD brings price down or they'r out of mainstream processor lineup.

for example
just make a 50k rig including each required component and see the table yourself

a balanced gaming rig or workstation with SB will require 60k. can be done in 50k with Phenom II X4. its true.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
@jaskanwar singh

finally i am deciding about this:-

Intel® Core™ i5 2400 Processor @ 9.6K
Intel DH67BL @ 5.9k
Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2*2GB @ 2.9k
Sapphire HD6850 TOXIC @ 11.2k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k
CM Elite 430 cabinet @ 2.5k.
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
Intex 850 VA (@2200) or APC 650VA UPS @ 2.6k
I-ball MM Laser M99 Combo @650
altec lansing @1.5k

total near about 50k.

i thinking abt this after a lot of wandering over forums.
now, somebody plz tell is it a good config under 50k or i sould replace something.

and also tell what is the difference between toxic edition and simple saphire 6850.is it worth to buy a toxic edition instead of a simple 6850.

and i had to change my idea of overclocking cuz i cant buy buy a 2500k based rig under 50k. but is this rig is future proof and i also heard that price of 2500k would be abt 10.5k, it means i can go for it cuz its turbo is upto 3.7ghz , which is worth extra 600 bucks spent on a 2400.

and i hav an another confusion regarding ram too, should i buy 1600mhz ram or 1300mhz.
will i see any performance improvement by adding 1600mhz instead of 1300mhz.
plz somebody clear my doubts.

and i think i hav selected cheap ups and power supply . plz tell me if these are ok or i should buy some other product.

how is Intex 850 VA (@2200) is it worth buying and how is FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k.

i still want to confirm there is any space for improvement
so , guys plz suggest if anything of this rig must be replaced.

SOMEBODY PLZ REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
toxic is overclocked version. get normal 6850 and oc it yourselves if you want.
you can look at 2500k.
get 1333mhz. these boards support upto 1333.
do not get fsp saga II 500w with a bottom psu mounting cabinet. the saga has short eps12v cable and thus you will need an extension. i faced same problem.
get corsair vx450w @ 3.5k. get APC ups.
if you run out of budget get 500GB HDD for now but dont compromise on ups and psu.

Piyush

Lanaya
@logichost
yup jassy is right
u'll need an extension if u go for that cabinet+PSU combo

get a corsair
no worries

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
toxic is overclocked version. get normal 6850 and oc it yourselves if you want.
you can look at 2500k.
get 1333mhz. these boards support upto 1333.
do not get fsp saga II 500w with a bottom psu mounting cabinet. the saga has short eps12v cable and thus you will need an extension. i faced same problem.
get corsair vx450w @ 3.5k. get APC ups.
if you run out of budget get 500GB HDD for now but dont compromise on ups and psu.

then is it fine to have a simple 6850 instead of toxic edition .
and will self overclocking be fine or not.
i heard that it must be done carefully and if it goes wrong it can harm the gpu.
plz tell me will it be ok to buy a simple 6850 then overclock it.

and plz suggest me a better looking cabinet too.
coolermaster or iball which one is better. and how much will it cost?.

Last edited:

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
->just watch videos over youtube to find out the best stable overclocked configuration card of the same version.just overclock by 20-30 mhz step by step and if no problem occurs then keep overclocking(only upto a limit).i think 850/1400(core/memory) mhz would be fine enough for 6850 to run stable.
->cooler master usp100 is a good looking case.and gladiator 600 is still nice for it's price.
it does not matter which company you go with for a case.
just look for a case which is nicely build(mainly made of steel),have cable management holes(very necessary),good airflow,and can fit upto 10" cards easily.

Top Bottom