help needed to configure a heavy duty gaming pc!!!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Dell st2220l is a bit better than the benq. Since its edge led lit, you will see superior brightness and contrast levels. Really worth the money.

Save up and go for sapphire 6850 toxic edition. My suggestion is to wait for gtx 560's release. This will allow the prices of 6870 and 6850 to come down even further. Make a purchase decision then.

Scrap the 5770 as it will reach EOL soon.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why run after a fast processor with a odd combo of monitor + GPU? whats really wrong in i5 2400 other than it can't b OC'd? i5 2400 will allow OP to get a 22'' + HD6850 (HD5770 isn't suited for Full HD gaming) & so everything wil b in balance.

well in the end its OP's choice what he want but he'll end up paying close to or over 55k for a machine that can't run games in FULL HD within a year's time.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
why run after a fast processor with a odd combo of monitor + GPU? whats really wrong in i5 2400 other than it can't b OC'd? i5 2400 will allow OP to get a 22'' + HD6850 (HD5770 isn't suited for Full HD gaming) & so everything wil b in balance.

well in the end its OP's choice what he want but he'll end up paying close to or over 55k for a machine that can't run games in FULL HD within a year's time.

I didn't say anything about the i5 2400 but the other cheaper alternatives from the company & competition.

For example athon 2 x3 + gtx 570 or athlon 2 x4 + 6970 or i3 540 + gtx 580.

Such configs should be avoided. Not a good option to save up on cpu and add a fast card like the ones mentioned above.

For op, i5 2400 + 6850/6870 is a great option. Even the topend caymans and fermi's will do fine cause the 2400 is fast enough removing any worries concerned for bottlenecks.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Sammy i mentioned it as it was op choice.

Logichost its bad to feed a high end proc. with 2gb ram.

Last edited:

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
@ Sam.Shab-i know the configuration i gave was a bit costly and many of the components were highly costly.
->but according to the reviews on the motherboard on newegg i suggested that motherboard,as it would last longer.
->i suggested the psu because it is a corsair.he wouldn't have to buy a new psu afterwards if wants to xfire another 6850.
->the speakers are really good for ther price.

and about SB->
logichost wants to overclock his cpu which means:-
he has to buy a good & stable p67 board.the p67's are meant for overclockers.the h67 boards are good for overclcoking but mainly the intel hd graphics.and he also needs a good intel k series cpu's as they have more overclocking capabilities.

i really suggested the rig according to my knowledge.as of i am a new to the pc componenets.i really don't know much.:)

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
Dell st2220l is a bit better than the benq. Since its edge led lit, you will see superior brightness and contrast levels. Really worth the money.

Save up and go for sapphire 6850 toxic edition. My suggestion is to wait for gtx 560's release. This will allow the prices of 6870 and 6850 to come down even further. Make a purchase decision then.

Scrap the 5770 as it will reach EOL soon.

most probably its not gonna happen till next month.
and anyway i have to wait till mid february. ok i'll make a purchase dicsion then.:-|:-|:-|

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Cybertonic SNB is better than x6 even in multithreaded apps!

I know that. I was just suggesting a good compromise between performance and price. He saves 5k on the motherboard with it. If OP really wants SB and at least 6850, he'll have to wait for price drops.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@jassy & vicky, i told that to OP. who just wants best of everything. which is really not possible. also unavailability of cheaper motherboard at time of buying may show its own effects (SMC mayn't have stock).

@ Sam.Shab-i know the configuration i gave was a bit costly and many of the components were highly costly.
->but according to the reviews on the motherboard on newegg i suggested that motherboard,as it would last longer.
->i suggested the psu because it is a corsair.he wouldn't have to buy a new psu afterwards if wants to xfire another 6850.
->the speakers are really good for ther price.

actually the extra money spending in the system provided by you won't bring any extra performance.

about the board, all boards will last 5yrs (if taken care by owner). & nowadays almost everyone upgrade their system by 5yrs (cheaper H/W & excellent performance).

yes, the PSU was good but than again he was good with a VX450W. for quality or really good performance he should opt for TX or HX series.

and about SB->
logichost wants to overclock his cpu which means:-
he has to buy a good & stable p67 board.the p67's are meant for overclockers.the h67 boards are good for overclcoking but mainly the intel hd graphics.and he also needs a good intel k series cpu's as they have more overclocking capabilities.

he can't. a OC'ble SB proccy + a good P67 board will unstable the whole rig. he'll end up with a slow card & maybe a 22" monitor. in the end, he'll need to sacrifice gaming.

also if he wants to OC, a good HSF is needed. will K-series proccy ship with the new HSF as shown in AnandTech's review? if yes, than he can save 2-3k from it.

i really suggested the rig according to my knowledge.as of i am a new to the pc componenets.i really don't know much.:)

the rig was good but only by 2010's standard. now with SB, that rig only looks overpriced.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^sammy the SNB dont need a separate hsf for oc. at low profile previous gen intel cooler they can run at 4.5ghz and cool. i know the test labs use open cabbies but atleast in good ones like gamma and 430 it can be done to 3.8 or so without worries IMO.

@cybertonic. -
if you look at my previous suggestion, i had mentioned 2400 + 6870!!!!

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
Sammy i mentioned it as it was op choice.

Logichost its bad to feed a high end proc. with 2gb ram.

@ jassy ,
if we dont have any way around i5 2500k then just leave it
,cant we buy something else with promising performance for us.
plz reply if anybody got any idea bout that.:?:?

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
i think i mentioned 2400 + 6870. very balanced IMO.

yeah its a balanced IMO and and currently its only one that can assimilated in this budget.
plz someone tell me what would be the exact prices of 2500k in india and price of a good p67 mobo.

anyone got any idea about releasing date of i5 2500k in india.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
i agree with asingh post

@OP
do u really wanna go for SB
coz' u can still get awesome setup if u choose AMD without sacrificing a faster GPU

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
amd 1055-8500
gigabyte ga 880gma ud2h-5000
g skill 1333 4gb-3000
corsair 450vx-3750
cooler master elite 335-1800
wd green 500gb-1750
samsung b2230n-8000
amd hd 6850-11000

all for 42800.

about SB they would be roughly starting from 12000 or so and a good p67 board will cost you from 8000-10000.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
i hav something less than a month from now.

suggest me what do you think will be best for me under my budget.

amd 1055-8500
gigabyte ga 880gma ud2h-5000
g skill 1333 4gb-3000
corsair 450vx-3750
cooler master elite 335-1800
wd green 500gb-1750
samsung b2230n-8000
amd hd 6850-11000

all for 42800.

about SB they would be roughly starting from 12000 or so and a good p67 board will cost you from 8000-10000.

ok than i will be lookig at this if i will not be able to buy a sandy bridge rig.
thanxxxx dude:|:|

@ jassy
bro ,watcha say abt deep99 config.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
amd 1055-8500
MSI 890gx-6500
g skill 1333 4gb-2600
corsair 550vx-4700
NZXT gamma-2000
wd blue 500gb-1900
samsung b2230n-8000
amd hd 6850-10500

all under 45k

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
the best thing to do is to wait.it will always be beneficial to you rather than crying after a month to think that it would have been better to wait.

it would take around a week or so for the new intel chips to be launched according to me waiting for a little time is no harm.

OP
L

logichost

Broken In
the best thing to do is to wait.it will always be beneficial to you rather than crying after a month to think that it would have been better to wait.

it would take around a week or so for the new intel chips to be launched according to me waiting for a little time is no harm.

ok i am waiting for a month.but may be could'nt delay any further.

Top Bottom