Help me upgrade!!!!

nrgmalik

Broken In
Hi guys, please help me upgrade my old PC junk. Below are the specifications:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHz

DDR2 1024 RAM (PC2-5300) (333MHz)

Motherboard: ZX-945-15
Chipset: Intel i915P/i915G

I checked my by opening my PC Case so there are 2 Memory Slots, 2 PCI Slots and 1 PCIE-16X Slot.

What can I upgrade here to make this old junk run some of the new games such as FIFA 13??? Is that possible with that slow processor??

Which Graphic Card will be compatible with that PCIE-16X Slot???

Thanks in advance!!!

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ that motherboard of yours appears as a rebranded chinese one--I guess in India you got is from either zebronics/mercury?
Its a 945 chipset , socket 478 with ddr2 support,more likely a 533Mhz Fsb..

It would simply make no sense to invest anything on this system. I advise you sell this off and instead invest in the a budget build,w hich amazingly comes quite cheap these days.

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
Yeah the motherboard seems to be chinese!!!

But is there is any possibility of getting this system a compatible graphic card???

Actually currently I don't want to buy new PC due to finances!!!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get a low end card like Sapphire HD 5670 1 GB DDR3 @ 4K
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

aloodum

Journeyman
@nrg : I can understand you implications , but you have to understand that these days, even graphically forgiving games like fifa usually recommend a low end dual core. You will be able to fit a new gen PCI -E card (which are backward compatible with your version 1.0), but given the overall age of the subsystems like the cpu, with a 533 Mhz FSB, it would simply cripple your game play.Even on minimum settings you may end with choppy framerates on most titles :(

If you want to really play games, i suggest you look for 2nd hand/used mid range cards of yesteryears ...

And a word of caution in case you decide to go with a gfx card, i assume your smps is of local variety and is as old as the cpu , no less than 7-8 years (once again i assume you changed your motherboard recently)..you may run into troubles with the same.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ p - can you tell us how much you want to spend on this ancient config ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
2k can get you HD5450 gfx card and if you are on IGP and want to some old games upto ( 2008 ) at low/med settings or some small games with not much system requirements then you can call it a BIG upgrade and this gfx card will also ready your ancient pc to watch HD movies in their full glory - just grab HD monitor and use this as a HTPC ;-)

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
2k can get you HD5450 gfx card and if you are on IGP and want to some old games upto ( 2008 ) at low/med settings or some small games with not much system requirements then you can call it a BIG upgrade and this gfx card will also ready your ancient pc to watch HD movies in their full glory - just grab HD monitor and use this as a HTPC ;-)

Thanks but there is any possibiliy of bottlenecking with this card??

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
Just asking, what do you intend to do after this upgrade ?

Hmmm.....well I was thinking to give this PC performance boost. But after searching net and you guys advices, I think of getting a new motherboard, processor and new graphic card. That would be enough??? Right??

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
What do you think guys?? I think of this processor, cheap, supports FCLGA1155 Socket Type.

Intel Pentium Processor G630 | Processor | Flipkart.com

I want new processor for playing medium graphic games such as FIFA13. Will this be a good processor, plus a good graphic card, will it be a good deal???

Also, currently I have 450 Watt PSU installed?? That Enough??

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
PSU is of local indian brand Necola.

I seriously doubt it would do any good except in a few rare cases where gpu and cpu power consumption are fairly low.
BTW, since you ve considered upgrading your entire system, could you tell us your new budget ?

Top Bottom