Help me upgrade!!!!

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
I seriously doubt it would do any good except in a few rare cases where gpu and cpu power consumption are fairly low.
BTW, since you ve considered upgrading your entire system, could you tell us your new budget ?

I am on tight budget but I will try my best to get upto Rs 25000. I think Hard Disk, CD Drive, CPU Case can be used, so I need a new motherboard, processor, RAM, PSU & a medium type graphic card.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
BTW are u using a CRT/LCD/LED and whats the resolution/size ?
If you plan on re using the monitor,hard disk,optical drive and cabinet --- heres a proposal

CPU - i3 2120 - 7k
MOBO - Gigabyte B75 MD3h - 4.2k
RAM - 2*(4GB corsair 1333mhz) - 2.2k
PSU - corsair cx430 v2 - 2.6k
GPU - Gigabyte hd 7770 from SMC - 8.2k

It should "easily" handle all modern games (Battlefield MW3,GTA 4,Skyrim,Dirt, etc) at medium settings @ 1650*1080.
PS - You don't need to worry about FIFA 13. I dont think there will be a problem running even FIFA 15 (whenever it releases in 2014) with this config.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ sweet config ;-)

I am on tight budget but I will try my best to get upto Rs 25000. I think Hard Disk, CD Drive, CPU Case can be used, so I need a new motherboard, processor, RAM, PSU & a medium type graphic card.

yes - if they have SATA port.

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
BTW are u using a CRT/LCD/LED and whats the resolution/size ?
If you plan on re using the monitor,hard dusk,optical drive and cabinet --- heres a proposal

CPU - i3 2120 - 7k
MOBO - Gigabyte B75 MD3h - 4.2k
RAM - 2*(4GB corsair 1333mhz) - 2.2k
PSU - corsair cx430 v2 - 2.6k
GPU - Gigabyte hd 7770 from SMC - 8.2k

It should "easily" handle all modern games (Battlefield MW3,GTA 4,Skyrim,Dirt, etc) at medium settings @ 1650*1080.
PS - You don't need to worry about FIFA 13. I dont think there will be a problem running even FIFA 15 (whenever it releases in 2014) with this config.

LCD monitor, I checked the current resolution in control panel and its 1366*768.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Then thats even better, since the HD7770 might be able to play games at max settings at that resolution.

Go with that config posted above and reuse your hard disk,monitor and case.
Best option if you wanna play games. And FIFA and other footballing games are usually less demanding than other games.

OP
N

nrgmalik

Broken In
^ Then thats even better, since the HD7770 might be able to play games at max settings at that resolution.

Go with that config posted above and reuse your hard disk,monitor and case.
Best option if you wanna play games. And FIFA and other footballing games are usually less demanding than other games.

Tnx for your help guys!!! I will also check local market prices and update with you later!!!!!

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
^^ sweet config ;-)
Thanks man :)

Tnx for your help guys!!! I will also check local market prices and update with you later!!!!!
One of the few things flipkart is selling for a reasonable price is this - *www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-4-gb...333c9/p/itmd2ryp2xmmqmsy?pid=RAMD2RYP8CRENWZW
So be quick in verifying the RAM price --- you never know when flipkart shoots it back to 1.25k. Having a 10 year on site warranty is just awesome.

Top Bottom