ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
My current Specs are

Intel Core2Duo 2.53GHZ overclocked to 2.8GHZ,
2 GB DDR2 800 RAM,
500 GB Seagate HDD,
MSI G31TM-P21 Motherboard
2x 80 mm Cabinet Fans

I have decided to Buy MSI HD 6850 @ 9.9K w Shipping charges.

But I haven't been able to decide which PSU will be good to power these components . Corsair VX450 is unavailable at all 3 stores, theitwares.com, smcinternational.in and primeabgb.com and the price at techshop.in is too much.

So, i finalized my decision to Corsair CX400 which can power all my components including GPU.

Now, If i buy this PSU, will I be able to Overclock my HD 6850 and Processor to 2.8 GHZ without any problem ? :?:

rajan1311

Padawan
that is a very small OC....probably did not even require any voltage change..

See if you can find the Seasonic 430W or even 380W version, both a around Rs1000 more but have good quality...else a CX400 is good enough for your rig.

saswat23

Human Spambot
IMO FSP SAGAII 500W at 2.2k can handle HD 6850 easily.

why dont you try to get VX-550 if VX-450 is not available. Its just 800 bucks more.

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
well, i talked with smcinternational and itwares on phone and they confirmed that VX450 and FSP Saga II isnt available and not sure when it will be available. And, since, i m upgrading 4 things within 13.5K budget, VX550 doesnt fit in my bill.

Also, till now i ordered these 3 things and are expected to be arrived within 1-2 week,

1) Corsair CX400
2) Razer Deathadder Mouse
3) Razer Goliathus Mat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total - Rs 5500 ( with shipping) :razz:

Next upgrade was GPU, and i looked upon HD 6850, but this too available at 10.3K ( with shipping ) so, this too doesnt fit in my budget.:-(

So, i finalized my choice on MSI HD 5770 Hawk edition. Since this is a gr8 overclocking card, and i will be playing games on 1366x768 resolution, this will be a very good performing card.

MSI HD 5770 Hawk @ 7.9 K ( with shipping )

I will purchase this GPU after 2 weeks without extending my budget. :p

Thank you folks for giving me some info on it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the Sapphire HD 6770 @ 7.1K. For availability, check theitwares, smcinternational and deltapage.

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Yes, Sapphire HD 6770 is available at theitwares.com, but MSI HD 5770 was gr8 overclocking card, so i wanted to go with MSI HD 6770.

When i asked theitwares.com about MSI HD 6770, He said MSI consumers RMA their Graphic card very quickly, and hence they prefer Sapphire Brand over MSI.

So, Now i am really confused about which Brand i should go for.. the MSI looks really cool, but i dont want to end up doing RMA within 1-2 months of purchase.

Please help me on this regard, if i buy sapphire brand, will it be overclockable like MSI ? Also, can i use MSI afternburner with Sapphire cards ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the MSI HD 5770. HD 6770 just has HD3D and Bluray3D support for 3D LCD Tvs (not monitor). So unless you are planning to spend another 80K -100K to get a 3D TV, HD 6770 is basically as good as HD 5770. Get the MSI one which has better cooler, like MSI Cyclone HD 5770.

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Get the MSI HD 5770. HD 6770 just has HD3D and Bluray3D support for 3D LCD Tvs (not monitor). So unless you are planning to spend another 80K -100K to get a 3D TV, HD 6770 is basically as good as HD 5770. Get the MSI one which has better cooler, like MSI Cyclone HD 5770.

Thanks Cilius for information, but what about RMA ? Do MSI owners really RMA their GPU within 5-6 months after usage ?

I had conversation with Rahul from itwares.com

Ashis: Hi, one more thing, Is MSI R6770 Twin Frozr II available ? i prefer MSI over sapphire..
TheITWares: hi
Ashis: Hi, Is MSI R6770 Twin Frozr II available ?
TheITWares: no
Ashis: Will it be available in your stock next month ?
TheITWares: we dnt sell msi that much becuse the after sales service is bad compared to sapphire
TheITWares: also the RMA rate is very high
TheITWares: tatz we perfer selling sapphire over msi

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sapphire is also a very good brand,,,I am using their HD 6870 as one of my Crossfire cards. They also give 3 years of warranty and their aftersell service is really very good. So you can go with Sapphire without any hesitation.

Another good thing is Sapphire uses Custom Cooler design even with their base model cards. So your card will run cool without paying the extra premium.

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I personally had bad experience with Sapphire Brand when i ordered HD 4670 card past 2 yr. They exchanged the card with a old card. So, I will go with MSI Brand and take the risk.

Thanks for your suggestions. MSI

Last edited:
Top Bottom