Help me make a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Can anybody suggest a good card within 10K with which I can play DOOM 3 at 1024x768 and which can be overclocked ? :D

sesi5674u said:
even if u can play it at 1024x768 u wont be able 2 play with AA & AF enabled

Wrong! 6600GT will, and it should've come down to 10K or less now. Got mine for 10.6K 4 months back.

Note: I've tried 2X AA and 8X AF on D3. Quite playable at 1024x768. Disable in-game AA and AF. In driver settings disable "Anisotropic Mip Filter Optimization" and Clamp "Negative LOD Bias" to prevent shimmering. Set Vsync to "Application Controlled" and enable it in-game to prevent texture tearing.

-Keith

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Never go for XFX brand. They are crappy.
Instead go for MSI,ASUS, Gainward or even Leadtech is better. MSI is the best among these with highest core nd mom clocks but costs just above 10k.

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey kaith ,

I have a fx 5200 and a decent amd rig. I want to play games much more vigerously, should i invest in a PS2 or in a 6600GT ? what u feel ?

I have not played doom3 on PS2, so am not aware of the Graphic differences. Also, I have to buy a new dvd player for my TV as my old one has been taken by my bro.So, i can use my ps2 as a dvd movie player also.

Gimme ur suggestions pls..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
aravind_n20 said:
Instead go for MSI,ASUS, Gainward or even Leadtech is better. MSI is the best among these with highest core nd mom clocks but costs just above 10k.
I've occasionally read people putting down XFX. I'm not arguing or thowing a challenge, but I'm curious to know the reasons behind these condemnations.

Is it because the cheap 64-bit version of FX5200 by XFX is widely used ? (They do make the 128-bit version too). BTW, Asus may be the top motherboard manufacturers, but as far as graphics cards go, they ain't so hot.

It's nice to know that one's gfx card gives 95 fps in Doom 17 while another brand gives "only" 93 fps. But would you really notice the difference ? And is that enough reason to condemn the other brand as crap if that other brand costs 25% less ?

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
pimpom said:
aravind_n20 said:
I've occasionally read people putting down XFX. I'm not arguing or thowing a challenge, but I'm curious to know the reasons behind these condemnations.

Is it because the cheap 64-bit version of FX5200 by XFX is widely used ? (They do make the 128-bit version too). BTW, Asus may be the top motherboard manufacturers, but as far as graphics cards go, they ain't so hot.

It's nice to know that one's gfx card gives 95 fps in Doom 17 while another brand gives "only" 93 fps. But would you really notice the difference ? And is that enough reason to condemn the other brand as **** if that other brand costs 25% less ?
Very well said
I really appreciate these kind of posts.
ASUS isn't that better in graphic card department but their build quality is top notch.Thats what attracts most of the people to buy ASUS cards.

If u have money then go for ASUS or else stick to XFX or MSI and the performance will be same in either case.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
isn't asus among the better ones but sometimes doesn't it do mistakes(isn't something wrong with its 6600gt though it is amongst the best 6600gt's nah?)
also,wasn't there something wrong with 9800xt of asus?

also,i have xfx pci-e 6600gt 128mb
i set doom3 @ 1280*1024@ultra high,(8x af gets enabled),no aa and though it is slow at times or could be better

also,i am getting some probs with my pc but how can i blame the card directly it may be overheating(then it is may be cabby or card) , it may be monitor for some other prob

big 6600gt=bfg oem nah?
though other cards of them are different nah?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Go for Geforce 6600GT.Both the AGP and PCX versions are for less than 10k.

Whats more it comes with GDDR3 so it will be blazing fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom