Help me learn C language

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Didn't help..... Still giving syntax error telling that no such file found.

OK... I found the problem.... I was using the extension of .c rather than cpp. Also I wasn't supposed to use .h extension (as told to me by QM.)

I am supposed to learn C. Now won't this be a bit problematic for me..... I mean using C++'s rules?

Last edited:
OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@mehulved
OK... I found the problem.... I was using the extension of .c rather than cpp. Also I wasn't supposed to use .h extension (as told to me by QM.)

I am supposed to learn C. Now won't this be a bit problematic for me..... I mean using C++'s rules?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sorry I misread. All Qwerty's fault :p
There's no iostream in C AFAIK, iostream is part of C++.
To check again, I tried some searches on google but I get -ve for it.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Lol yeah, I just noticed my fault too!

Use stdio.h, why did you even include iostream? Which book's nonsense is this? :p

I noticed that Dev C++ has a built in instruction set for C programming. My friend, who is in this forums, but has not yet posted, has learnt C exclusively through Dev C++'s built in help.

Thanks for mentioning that GT. Dev c++'s built in help file is very useful but at the same time does not cover the entire c language deeply. Its just for newbies who want to get their feet wet.

Thanks for mentioning that GT. Dev c++'s built in help file is very useful but at the same time does not cover the entire c language deeply. Its just for newbies who want to get their feet wet.
Dev FTW... btw, just see the wikibooks ebook on C, C++, Perl and Python. They are even better than Dev-CPP

sourav123

Thinking Different
Is there any book that teaches using GCC? I learnt C 4 years back in University, and that time I was using Windows. I would like to go over it again using Linux and GCC.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
No need to follow GCC, Just follow the Standard
Take any book Like K&R which follows the ISO C99 standard, you would do fine;)

sourav123

Thinking Different
No need to follow GCC, Just follow the Standard
Take any book Like K&R which follows the ISO C99 standard, you would do fine;)

I know that. But actually I wanted to know all the GCC functionalities also besides writing the C code.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Is there any book that teaches using GCC? I learnt C 4 years back in University, and that time I was using Windows. I would like to go over it again using Linux and GCC.
You want to know about C programming using gcc? Then refer to any good book on standard C programming.
If you want to know indepth about gcc then check it's online documentation *gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.0/gcc/

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Though Harry Potter doesn't need to have any problems regarding C++. He uses his wand for that, butI am not Potter so I need some help for that purpose. I have attached a file which may be extracted and the extension should be changed from txt to cpp and try it in the blue screened TC. i am facing more than 25 errors in it.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Dude bad archive?

And by the way, HP solves problems not because of his wand, but because of his automatic debugger(Hermione) :D

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Does he? really, then think about the fight b/w Voldemort and him. He didn't use her but fought alone. And as for the exams, he can't cheat the pen are cheating proof.
The archieve is all right. I downloaded it once more to check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom