Help me about the issue

knpprasad

Broken In
pls help me i brought yesterday new pc

i7 950 with stock cooler
gigabyte x58-ud3r
ram-1600m hz 6gb
galaxy 8400 512mb (temprorly instaled graphic card)
corsair 850TX
CM HAF-932
500 GB SEGATE SATA HDD

I have already have xp(32 bit) in hdd so when i am running pc windows loading it is switch offing every time

also cpu temp is showing 48-50*c

help me about the issue

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, Congratulations on your purchase.

Now tell me one thing, is the OS installed in your HDD from your previous setup or for your new setup.
A previously installed OS will not work here. You have to install OS in this system. take back up of your C drive by connecting it to some other computer and then install a fresh copy of OS in the HDD by connecting it to your new rig.

Now some suggestion from my side. Windows XP 32 bit will be an useless OS for your rig. A 32 bit OS can maximum access ram of 2^32~3.83 GB. So rest of your 2.17 GB ram will be useless. You will not be able to enhance performance by using 64 bit instructions also.
Better get a Windows 7 64 bit version. And your PSU, corsair TX850 is actually a monster. Will expect you to go for multi-GPU setup with 2 HD 5870.:):):)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
x58-ud3r or x58A-ud3r??? (You mean switching off BTW :p)

Did you try a clean OS install on the pc? xp? move on dude. Or you could try keeping the harddrive as primary boot and disable the rest on the BIOS. Refer to the mobo manual to know how to do so.

OP
K

knpprasad

Broken In
installing fresh win xp 32bit and when gigabyte drivers instaling cpu off and when browsing hdd drives no problem and any movie playing also switch offing pls help me what is the problem

Cilus

laborare est orare
installing fresh win xp 32bit and when gigabyte drivers instaling cpu off and when browsing hdd drives no problem and any movie playing also switch offing pls help me what is the problem

English please. Don't use these kind of chatting language over here.
And regarding your problem, there may be two possible reason :
1. Faulty Ram
2. Faulty GPU

Use one Ram at a time and remove the other two. Then play the movie for some times. If the problem with any of the Rams, the for that faulty module, after running movie for some times, your PC will be restated.

And for Graphics card, you have to borrow another card from your friend to test it.

OP
K

knpprasad

Broken In
Thanks cilus and sorry i have 1600 m hz ram 6gb set but in gigabite it is given only DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 M HZ is it a problem?? And i tested with single ram but same problem happend plz clarify me also if grapic card problem why cpu go into power off mode in middle of system running

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
Please could you tell exactly where it is 'switching off". Are you able to reach the desktop..? Do you get a BSOD (blue screen of death), or the system just switches off..? How long it stays booted..?

OP
K

knpprasad

Broken In
after reaching the desktop only if i want to install any software or to play movie it is happening. Booting time is normal only

OP
K

knpprasad

Broken In
blue screen not coming and i used winxp 32 sp2 very old version (i think) and also i installed in c drive only i am not formated entire hdd with pendrive

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Try these in the following order:

1. Unplug the power cord. Press the on/off chassis button for 10 seconds, and reset the CMOS. Your board should have a reset button.
2. Boot into the BIOS and reset the correct time/date. (check stability at desktop)
3. Use one DIMM on the first slot. (check stability). Do with all DIMMs as singular units.
4. Try to boot into safe mode.(check stability)
5. Redo all your connections, specially DIMMs, and VGA.(check stability)
6. Test the VGA on another system.(check stability)
7. If all fails, try a fresh (format the root drive) installation of Win7.(check stability)

Your OS HDD, is from a separate system. What was the chipset..? If it was an AMD you might face some issues.

OP
K

knpprasad

Broken In
i installed fresh windows 7 (h at starting windows it is staying more than 15 minutes and gone further for installation and completed in 20min finally at loading for windows it is not going inside IS IT A RAM problem ??? with my display i conncted with dvi cable. When i am in xp with out (audio driver only) i runned system more than 4hrs with small slow processing speed

Top Bottom