Help Building Killer Gaming CPU: Budget 70K

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Okay, ONE THING YOU GUYS SHOULD BE CLEAR.

Now all the processor-gaming reviews that you see, you have to keep in mind the GPU. Core i7 is useless unless you have a HD4870x2 or GTX295 or higher(a.k.a. their SLi or CFx).
Yup, agreed to ur point brother, rightly said too.. :)

But the performance gain from single gtx280 vs dual (SLi) gtx280's is NOT much, but yes a 3way SLi (3xgtx280's) really kicks sum serious @$$ in games.. :)

Also, as of now, a gtx280 is in my budget, so will be goin for tat card and later on (wen prices reduce) will add1-2more gtx280's.. :)
(Atleast lemme get started with high end gaming at the moment yaar.. then later i can think of an upgrade.. ):D:D

:confused: :confused:
So ask someone who has used this kind of ups ( or atleast apc 650VA ) & know how to connect type d or hybrid e/f power connector with north american type or type b power socket

I'm really confused about this matter. I too want to know what should we do in this kind of situation.

offtopic: I'm also facing trouble in accessing forum from last week.
Yup, will see wat needs to be done and will update it here along with a solution.. :)

Also, read ur post in amitash's thread abt the availability of UD5 mobos.. will talk to my dealer today adn see wat price he quotes (on theitwares.com its Rs.17K adn on lynx i guess its Rs.16.5K)

Dude, do get a GTX280... its a great card and dont worry about it being out-dated or obsolete coz my 8800GT, even though old and so called obsolete can still blast any game @max except Crysis, Warhead and GTA IV on 1440x900 res :D.

Go for a i7 920, ASUS P6T, 3GB Corsair DDR3 RAM and WD Caviar 640gig HDD.

Dont install Windows 7 right now, rather install XP SP3 and Vista SP1 in dual boot.

Yup, thanx dude for the reply.. :)
I will go for a single gtx280 and then later on (wen prices reduce) will add1-2more gtx280's.. :)
(Atleast lemme get started with high end gaming at the moment yaar.. then later i can think of an upgrade.. ):D:D

i will install WIn XP PRO+SP3 (32bit) and Vista Ultimate 64bits as a dual OS setup (1st installing XP and then Vista).. :)
---------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

amitash

Intel OCer
i have never bothered with a ups untill just now...never needed it..always thoughtnit was a waste of money.... I wouldnt buy one unless there were very frrquent power cuts...now there seems to be a lot of power cuts in my area... Will be getting a ups for the entire house (2kva)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

i see, well i trust upon the UPS as there are frequent and very high power fluctuations in my area.. (due to wich my last mobo and monitor went kaput).. :(

aura

Sync dreams to reality
hey, INTEL Core i7 is now available in India for 16k.

Consider buying it if you really are going to spend a lot of money on CPU.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

gr8 news but a bit too late, we already knw abt that buddy.. :) thanx still..

core i7 920 = Rs.15K
core i7 940 = Rs.25K
core i7 965 Extreme = Rs.50K

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ok guys, i had a talk with TheITwares.com guy, Rahul.. today itself,

he says the gigabyte mobo (UD5 or the Extreme) is jus NOT available in India and it will take another 12-15 days for it to arrive..(atleast this is wat he says he's been getting updates from the dealers) wich is true, as amitash is also facing the same problem... :(

So, he told me to go for eVGA's mobo X58.. i wanna knw how is tat mobo guys ?? and shud i buy that or wait for the Gigabyte's mobos ????
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
EVGA mobos build quality is good but it's a lot costlier than Gigabyte UD5. It's Rs. 26.5K or so. But it's only $299 in US.

If you have the money go for it as I think it's a very good one.

Another thing look at this review : *www.guru3d.com/article/evga-x58-sli-review/

Though it has some minor bios issues @ the time of of review on Dec 08 I think those issues should be fixed by now.

So if you have someone from US get it through him.

amitash

Intel OCer
The evga mobo is a very good OCer but not very good vfm.... The gigabyte one has much more features.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
THanx for ur replies.. the person at theitwares.com is telling me tat he will giv me tat evga mobo NOT for 26K but for 22k...so now tell me shud i go for it or wat ?? :confused:.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I were you I would buy that EVGA X58 mobo. Damn it's only $299 & you can buy it directly from EVGA
*www.evga.com/Products/moreinfo.asp?pn=132-BL-E758-A1

*www.harepix.com/images/1680062544.gif

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ topgear.. :)

Thanx for tat info on evga.. i think i shud go for it.. :D

but, the price quoted by theITwares.com person is 22K and the link tat u gave me, it says $299 (approx 14K) so how can i make a puschase online (tat too from USA sites) ?? any ideas ?

also, is the heatsink/cooler provided for the processor or do i hv to buy it separately ? (coz i was not able to find it written anywhere in the link u provided me..) :confused:

and is the Corsair TR3X3G 1333C9 (3 gb kit) DDR3 RAM work on tat Evga mobo ?? esp. the 1333 Mhz (as in TR3X3G 1333C9).. plz tell me !!
--------

And in general, will every component work fine as normal on this mobo ?

===========

Edit: oops sorry, found my answer to the 1333Mhz RAm support , yup the Corsair TR3X3G 1333C9 (3 gb kit) DDR3 RAM is supported.. ---> *www.evga.com/support/motherboard/

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the problem with pricing in here. HD4870 was selling around $199 in the US but It's Rs. 13-15K in here atleast. Same is the case with i-phone.

First see if they ship to india.

If they don't you have no choice other than to buy it in here coz that will give you better warranty service. So I would suggest you to get it from the itwares.

But you can also try tirupati who are the distributors of evga, corsair etc. products in here.

Personaly I would suggest you to get it from here not US. First try Tirupati for the Ram, Gfx card & mobo as they are the distributor of corsair & Evga & see if they give you some better pricing. then try theitwares.
*www.tirupati.net/about.html

CPU heat sink should come with cpu, is not it ?

If you're talking about some kind of accessories like chipset cooler that is shown on the pic then they will come with the mobo.

Any 1333Mhz ram is compatible with the mobo.

Every component should work just fine on this mobo.

My recomendation - Spend Rs. 17K or so get Gigabyte x58 UD5.
Spend Rs.20K or anything above EVGA x58.
& for overall choice compared to all x58 mobos - go with evga x58.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

thanx for the clear reply buddy, thanx once again.. :)

i will surely go for this one, its been ages since we all hv been waiting for the UD5 or the Extreme) but they are still NOT out in India.. :(

also, i hv seen in the Evga's support forum tat a new BIOS update is out and ppl say tat its better to flash the new bios..hope it will go smoothly and i dnt blow up my mobo..

Btw, already placed order for Corsair RAM, tagan 1100W psu and gtx280 SSC from theITWares.com :D

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, update to the latest Bios version after you get the mobo. Wish you all the best :p

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, thanx a lot buddy.. :)

also, topgear, as the pic says.there are 2 heatsinks (one cooling the processor's North bridge heatsink+fan and the other (with a evga logo) cooling the southbridge of the processor)..

so is tat enough to cool the i7 processor (im not gonna OC it) wen the i7 920 processor is fitted in its slot ?? or do we get a stock heatsink too ?probably a 3rd one in the box pack, jus guessing (the same Intel Stock heatsinks with fans for our P4 proccys wich we placed them over the processor with the help of tat artic silver glue/paste)...

Coz, im not getting the idea exactly, to be realy honest (as i jus hv a current p4 2.0 ghz processor).. :confused: ....
----------

Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have a little confusion.......Let me clear those :

*www.evga.com/PRODUCTS/IMAGES/GALLERY/132-BL-E758-A1_LG_5.jpg

1. The Big heatsink with ( with EVGA x58 logo ) fan is NorthBridge Cooler. ( The middle one )
2. The Small Heatsink Near CMOS battery is SouthBridge Cooler. ( The Left one )
3. The Heatsink near the CPU area ( With a big EVGA logo only ) is for cooling the mosfets near cpu socket though it may be little helpful to reduce the cpu temp too. ( the right one )

Now when you buy the CPU you will get a CPU heatsink with fan attached in the CPU box
( CPU heatsinks don't come with mobos ) like this :

*www.harepix.com/images/2031590253.jpg

It looks like a socket T or LGA 775 type heatsink but as core i7 is based on 1366 socket type it will be much bigger in size & it will be enough to run your proc without OCing.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey thanx a lot topgear for tat simple explaination.. (yup i was wrong on my part wen i said heatsinks come with mobos..silly me)..

I will place the order for this mobo today itself now..:) thanx alot..
----------

Cheers n e-peace...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's my pleasure to help you out :p
Nice to hear that you are going to place the order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom