Help Building Killer Gaming CPU: Budget 70K

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Hellgate: THanx for the clear reply on 9800GTX+ (in SLi) and GTX280 (single).. i will check those prices out and if the GTX280 is really Rs.22750/- I will DEFINATELY go for it,

and

(plz clarify this for me) later if i plan to add a 2nd GTX280, i hope tat it will work gr8 with my existing GTX280 in SLi?? or even Tri SLi .....Right ??

btw, as u told me this (below):
EVGA 01G-P3-1284-ER GTX 280 SSC Super Super Clocked 1 GB DDR3 is available for Rs. 22750.
Wich brand shud i take for GTX280 ? MSI... right ? or the one named as Above?? :confused: is that the name i shud be asking exactly about ?? (its kinda hard to remember tat big name for the GTX280) :confused:

Also, since u too hv tat i7 (as in ur siggy), I will be goin for this config, plz see and tell me is everything okay.. :)
1.) Processor: Core i7 920 (2.66 Ghz)

2.) Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme (not planning to go for ASUS P6T or Gigabyte's UD5)

3.) RAM: Corsair G SKILL (Rs.7K) (plz, is this good RAM as compared to Corsair's TR3X3G-1333C9) ? im really confused here as the dealer says that this TR3X3Gis NOT available in market due to warranty issues, so i need ur suggestions really badly..
THe dealer is quoting me Rs.7K for that Corsair G SKILL RAM.. :confused:

4.) GPU: nVIDIA GTX280 (edited this from the 9800GTX+ in SLi after ur recommendation and will add another GTX280 wen the prices reduce later) :)

5.) PSU: Corsair 650W (model: CMPSU 650TX)

6.) HDD: WD 500GB (im satisfied with this 500GB) :)

7.) UPS: will search for the APC brand of UPS capable to giv 1Kva
----------

@ Gautham: Buddy, i really wont be gaming at 2400x1600, :( so this GTX280 will be good enough for me atm.) :) thanx again for ur precious adn clear reply.. :)
---------

@ topgear:
EVGA 01G-P3-1284-ER GTX 280 SSC Super Super Clocked 1 GB DDR3
isin;'t there a simpler name for this GTX280 ?? am i gonna ask using tat big name ??? for a GTX280 ?? :confused:
---------------

TO all: Guys, thanx all of u: desiibond, hellgate, topgear, gautham for helping me build my CPU, love u all guys (in a brotherly way) :D

There are jus sum tid-bits remaining..so i hope u'll help me in selecting the brands .. :) so jus 3-4 query-reply sessions more.. :D hope u will help me.. :)
--------------
:edit: hellgate (for GTX280 name and Corsair's G SKILL RAM info),topgear(for GTX280's name) plz reply ASAP guys, i will surely place the order today max-2-max.. :)

------------------
Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
if u plan to create GTX280 tri sli then get a Corsait TX750/850 as the bare minimum.the TX650 wud hold fort till GTX280 sli but it'll fail in tri sli.another psu u can luk for is Tagan BZ800/1000.another psu series to luk out for is the new CM UPC series.its the 1st psu to get the 80+ silver.

*www.coolermaster.com/products/prod...ecategory&finalflag=N&tbcate=22&cateid=000101

for the brand of GTX280 u can buy any of the following:
MSI,evga,Palit,xfx.see which 1 costs less in ur area and get that.

just an opinion:
bro its not the rt time to get i7.the perf gains in gaming is just not wirth the amt of money u hafta spend.i feel that the 60k that i had spent on i7 & sli is just not justified.now i use a E7300 rig for gaming and perf from the i7 SLi setup is not that huge to justify diff in price.just for the info:
E7300 + MSI P7N SLi Platinum + Palit 9800GTX+ (my frnd's rig though i'm using it :D).all games run gr8 @ 1680x1050 res with everything maxed out.as & when reqd i just shift the 9800GT sli from the i7 to this rig.the best time to get i7 wud be after i5 hits the market.:)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ thanx for the update buddy and also for the valued opinion..(i hv already used my old P4 2 Ghz system witha 256MB 7600GS and 4 x 512MB DDR-I RAM for more than 5 yrs now, so i cant wait any longer) hope u can sense in wat pre historic age (of CPU) im living and using.. :(

1.) i'll go with Corsair 650W (as of now, coz GTX280 SLi is far way ahead as of now)
2.) for the GTX280, i'll see the brand wich is a bit less costly.. (btw, anything to take special notice of while buying the GTX280?, like it shud be core 216 ?? or by default its 216 ?? :confused:
3.) Plz tell me abt the RAM yaar.. :( is Corsair G Skill (costing Rs.7K) better or equal to TR3X3G 3GB kit (also costing me Rs.7K but the dealer says its NOT available in market, lamington road due to warranty issues)??
--------------

Waiting ur reply buddy.. :)

another psu series to luk out for is the new CM UPC series.its the 1st psu to get the 80+ silver.

Wat does that mean ?? 80+ Silver ??

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
2.) for the GTX280, i'll see the brand wich is a bit less costly.. (btw, anything to take special notice of while buying the GTX280?, like it shud be core 216 ?? or by default its 216 ?? :confused:
3.) Plz tell me abt the RAM yaar.. :( is Corsair G Skill (costing Rs.7K) better or equal to TR3X3G 3GB kit (also costing me Rs.7K but the dealer says its NOT available in market, lamington road due to warranty issues)??
--------------

Waiting ur reply buddy.. :)

Wat does that mean ?? 80+ Silver ??

just get any brand of GTX280 that costs less & if 2 brands cost more or less the same then luk out for the clk speeds of both and also wat those vendors r bundling with the card.
afaik there wont be much diff bet those rams.get which ever ur getting.

80+ sliver
just check this:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ thanx for the update.. :)
Ok, i've finally FINALISED my rig as follows:
1.) Processor: Core i7 920 (2.66 Ghz)-----------------------> Rs. 15K

2.) Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme-----------------------> Rs. 25K
(not planning to go for ASUS P6T or Gigabyte's UD5)

3.) RAM: Corsair TR3X3G 3GB kit----------------------------> Rs. 7K

4.) GPU: eVGA GTX280 SSC Super Super Clocked 1 GB DDR3--> Rs. 22.7K
(had a talk with Mr. Rahul from theITwares.com and he quoted me this price) :)

5.) PSU: Corsair 650W (model: CMPSU 650TX) --------------> Rs. 7K

6.) HDD: WD 500GB----------------------------------------> Rs. 3200/-

7.) UPS: 1-KVA (Still to decide on this, but will mostly go for APC, any one can help me out wich model shud i take ??) :confused:
------------------

I will be making the order on Monday, 9th feb, so lets see i hope all goes well.. :)
------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

@ashu888ashu888: Then check out HD4870 512MB @ 15.5K. Its also available at that price and would be great for gaming on a 19" Screen.

By the time you buy a HD monitor GTX280 would be obsolete. Because AMD is launching HD49xx and HD5xxx while nVidia is releasing GT300.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
============

Jus one last Question, seriously one last one :D

Wich OS shud i install for this config ?? a 32bit Win XP PRO+SP3 (jus for the time being, as i do not hv any other OS, so until i get it from *ahem..* sources, this is my only bet.. :(
ALso, i think all the mobo drivers, gpu drivers will support this OS ?? right.. ?? :confused:
I hope everything will run fine on tis XP PRO+SP3 OS !!! :confused:
----------

Plz hv a final say on this :confused: ... i swear (well not really) on this.. :D

===========

@ Gautham: ok will surely look into those..thanx again alot for tat update buddy.. :)

============

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

ok will do that, but as of since i DO NOT hv tat OS :( (i'll hv to get it from *ahem...* sources) but till tat time can i install Win XP Pro+SP3 on this rig ? (jus for a week) ??

tats wat i wanted to ask u frankly.. :)

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
So atleast now I can comment on somthing
GO 4 windows 7 :)
Its really better than Vista IMO
Everything works pretty fyn
You can ask more from your so called sources
They'll tell you wat more they can do

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ topgear:
isin;'t there a simpler name for this GTX280 ?? am i gonna ask using tat big name ??? for a GTX280 ?? :confused:

Ask for EVGA GTX 280 SSC ( Super Super Clocked Edition )

It's a factory OCed card - So you don't have to mess with softwares like rivatuner for OCing gfx card & it's price is best in class as other manufacturers are selling their GTX 280 for Rs. 25-30K.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ ok thanx buddy,yup... i had a talk with Mr. Rahul, from www.theitwares.com guy, and he has tat card (but he'll still hv to confirm from dealers as he told me on fone this..) and will sell it to me for Rs.22750/- ... :)

I will get back to him tomorrow.. :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup not a problem at all buddy.. :)
---------

Btw,

1.) i will install Win XP Pro+SP3 (32bit) OS on my RIg (for jus some days) till i get Vista Ultimate x64 OS from *ahem..* sources.. :D

so i think any 32bit OS will easily install on a 64bit processor ... RIght ? also,

2.) after a 32bit WinXP Pro+SP3 OS, can i install Vista Ultimate 64bit as a dual boot option ?? or is it 1st Vista (64bit) and then WIn XP pro (32bit) ?? i mean wat to install first ?
---------------------

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can Install XP SP3 ( 32 bit ) without any issue.

And yes. 32 bit XP & 64 bit vista ultimate will install, dual boot & work without any problem as I've installed vista 64 bit with sp1 ultimate & xp with sp2 together on separate partions on same hdd last year.

The best method is to install XP first & then Vista 64 bit.

You can install vista 64 bit first & XP later but you have to use tools like easybcd to get everything properly.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

thanx alot for tat reply buddy.. :)

yup, wil first install XP PRO+Sp3 (32bit) OS and then will install Vista Ultimate (64bit) OS.. :)

I will place my order for all those components tomorrow, as today is sunday.. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

If you don't notice the good news you are a BLIND NOOB.

*lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=142&sort=Price&direction=ASC&show_all=yes

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hope you can read ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WoW. Phenom 2 920 Rs. 10.3K & 940 Rs. 12K.

But I think core i7 is even faster than 940. Actually I believe it's right :
core i7 920>>>>core2extreme qx9770>>>q9650>>q9550>Phenom 2 940>Q9450,Q9400>phenom 2 920>Q9300,Q8200

as amitash said me in a thread.

So what ?

Phenom II 940 ties with Q9550 in gaming benchmarks.

And if the money is saved by going for a 940 and Biostar 790GX mobo for 6.5K and the extra cash is spent on a Dual GPU setup, the performance would be MUCH MUCH higher than with Core i7 920 and a single mediocre GPU.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
If you don't notice the good news you are a BLIND NOOB.

*lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=142&sort=Price&direction=ASC&show_all=yes

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hope you can read ;-)
naah, i hv read it already.. :D
(also my mobo for core i7 920 is NOT there in the market) so, im still NOT making any purchases... at the moment..lol..

WoW. Phenom 2 920 Rs. 10.3K & 940 Rs. 12K.

But I think core i7 is even faster than 940. Actually I believe it's right :
core i7 920>>>>core2extreme qx9770>>>q9650>>q9550>Phenom 2 940>Q9450,Q9400>phenom 2 920>Q9300,Q8200

as amitash said me in a thread.
Yup, right this is wat i also think... :confused:
So what ?

Phenom II 940 ties with Q9550 in gaming benchmarks.

And if the money is saved by going for a 940 and Biostar 790GX mobo for 6.5K and the extra cash is spent on a Dual GPU setup, the performance would be MUCH MUCH higher than with Core i7 920 and a single mediocre GPU.
Yup, this is also rightly said..
----------

Now, u guys are making me more greedy (as Gautham has been constantly pressing for Phenom II, wich is right info and i appreciate that) whereas (topgear, amitash.. already tell me to go for i7s..lol..) :D:D

Now, im on the brink of confusion (b/w Phenom-II and Core i7) and also tat since my mobo for core i7 is NOT in the market im getting more confused so as to wat to buy now.. (switch sides from i7+nvidia gpu) to (AMD phenom II+AMD gpus)..lol...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom