[HELP]Building a gaming rig after 3+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ALL : Request you not to consider Graphic Card now. i am anyways buys a REAL GOOD card after max 2 months.

How much approx cooling and SOUND difference i can see using CM 690 II vs nzxt gamma costing 2k?
I will spend the difference in getting better monitor than suggested above if possible.

there is no need of getting a h67 with 2500k.
and with p67 you need a graphic card. so suggested you a basic one to use till you get a proper one.

and so many posts!! guys let the op read them. its leading to confusion!!!

Jas does he need to buy 8400GS if he gets GPU in 2 months??? He can get the H67CL board and not worry about gfx now...

why pair a k with h67?

if he is getting good one in his budget why not?

there is no need of getting a h67 with 2500k.
and with p67 you need a graphic card. so suggested you a basic one to use till you get a proper one.

why pair a k with h67?

if he is getting good one in his budget why not?

Well ok. He's not gonna OC. Then he can settle for i5-2400 and keep the H67 and not worry about GFX now.

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2400|9500
Motherboard |Intel DH67CL|6500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL|2500
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2700
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100
Case |CM 690 II Plus Advanced|5500
Monitor |Dell ST2220L|8500

| Total |39300

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
gaurav you didnt understand my point. if he gets a k in his budget, why not? later he can oc. and its more futureproof.

(its not he wont get time even on a sunday later:-D)

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
After reading all above posts, Here are 1st few questions.

1. How much will be the performance difference when compared with new Z68 chip-set which is due in next few months

2. How much difference i will notice in SOUND and COOLING when using CM 690 II Plus Advanced vs nzxt gamma 2K wala cabinet. i.e Justify how CM 690 is better than nzxt ?

3. if not much, then can i use the amount saved here in buying a much better LED monitor (24 Inch) If yes, which model ?

4. Which card you suggest if i plan to buy it now ?

5. Why do i need i2500K n not i5-2500 when i am not going to over clock this system at all.

6. Is B3 version of mobo available in Mumbai Market ? Any member purchased recently ?

gaurav you didnt understand my point. if he gets a k in his budget, why not? later he can oc. and its more futureproof.

(its not he wont get time even on a sunday later:-D)

No matter how much we over-clock , performance wont increase more than 20% :)
I will buy additional RAM if required in future. thats a real boost :)

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
please throw light :D

Google Adsense. I am a forum owner and admin for Marathi Kavita | मराठी कविता- कवितांचे माहेरघर - Index which ranks 1st in google and the only active forum of its kind :)

I will buy additional RAM if required in future. thats a real boost :)

Not really a boost. 4GB is a boost by itself.

Z68 won't increase performance by much i think. its a chipset for god's sake and not a proccy so forget about it.

About cabby query, check reviews. Gamma is good at its price range. But CM 690 II is on another tier so its bound to be better.

k proccies have unlocked multipliers which is used in OCing. non-k ones are locked.

for gfx card get MSI NGTX560Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB @15k if you get 15k from google.

i don't live in mumbai.

Last edited:
OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Thanks. Considering above facts you mentioned , how much will be the total cost INCLUDING graphics card ?

Will check with my dad if he can give 15K udhar for card..rest i will buy on my own :)

Whats the normal temp range of i5 when idle and playing games ?

EDIT :
WOW..Highly impressed with review of CM 690 II, I am getting the very same.
Review Link: Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Case Review - Overclockers Club

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
talktoanil, since you are gonna run VS2010 and SQL server which requires a lot of CPU power and Ram, my suggestion will be getting 8 GB ram or a single 4 GB module for now. You don't need very high performance ram, instead go for normal value rams

My suggestion will be

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 11K
Intel DP67BG @ 8.5K
Corsair 2 X 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz @ 4.6K
Tagan StoneRock TG600 U3 @ 4.15K
Seagate 1 TB 7200.12 @ 2.7K
Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.5K
Dell ST2220L @ 8.6K

Total around 42K. This config will suits all your need. It can perform in all kind of applications you've mentioned smoothly and when a Gfx card added will be converted a true gaming rig.
And I think a 5.5K cabinet is too much for a 40K config. Elite 430 is one of the best cabinets for its value and it is more than capable of sustaining the components inside it.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, cilus is right. Dont spend 5.5k on a cabby with 40k budget.
Go with CM 430 --- 2.5k
or
NZXT M59 --- 3.5k

rupankur

Broken In
Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview:

Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview: SSD Caching And Quick Sync : Z68 Express Makes Its Debut

confirm only Intel B3 version available in India.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Cooler Master Elite 430 is good..but how good is it in terms of cooling and LOW SOUND coming from system ? I need a silent PC (lowest possible sound when in load).

I guess CM 690 II Plus Advanced is worth the price.

Please compare CM 690 II Plus Advanced and Cooler Master Elite 430. which is better in terms of cooling.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Check the review of Elite 430 over here. You will be definitely surprised to see that how much performance it can provide. In CPU and GPU cooling performance it is able to beat CM 690.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ op

You can get an i7 2600 (non k cpu) @ 15k and pair it with a h67 chipset. I suggested this because i see you have no plans on overclocking. By a good gpu later on.Create a new thread when you plan to buy the card.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Check the review of Elite 430 over here. You will be definitely surprised to see that how much performance it can provide. In CPU and GPU cooling performance it is able to beat CM 690.

that 690 is old one. and you cant compare these cases. completely different price points and features.
for example -*www.overclockers.com/cooler-master-c690-ii-advanced-review/
*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_cm690ii_advanced/3.htm

but 430 is best for mid range budget systems.
*www.legitreviews.com/article/1401/5/

and yes op can go for 430.

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@jas if OP can find Gamma, he can get it over CM 430 ryt? On seeing this...

NZXT Gamma Chassis Review

Cooler Master Elite 430 Review

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
NZXT Gamma Chassis Review is cool...will get this one.

My Final config..have to choose between monitor now

CPU Intel Core i5 2400 9500
MOBO Intel DH67CL 6500
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2500
HDD Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs 1800
CABINET NZXT Gamma Chassis 2000
PSU SeaSonic S12II 520 4100
MONITOR Dell ST2220L 8500
11,300.00 BENQ G2420*HD*Resolution 1920x1080
10,000.00 Samsung P2350

EDIT:
Called PrimeABGB now , All B3 version motherboard are out of stock and will be made available in 1st week of April.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@jas if OP can find Gamma, he can get it over CM 430 ryt? On seeing this...

NZXT Gamma Chassis Review

Cooler Master Elite 430 Review

i cant say anything. i prefer 430 due to more clearance and also space for longer graphic cards. extra cables can also be put at bottom. proper management can be done with zip ties provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom