Heatsink for i5 , 40-60% Load 24x7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitraark

Decrepit
I have a PC which runs Strong DC++ all the time , i never shut down unless there's a Power Cut , and now i will be running Streaming software for the next month , which means my PC will be under quite heavy load for hours.

I currently have the stock cooler that came with the i5 760 , Idle Temps are 45-50 C , Load is 70-85 C , average my PC always remains at 60-65 at day and 55-60 at night .

I was hoping to buy a heatsink within 2k , Have my eyes on this..

Flipkart: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Cooler: Cooler

Any other suggestion ???

I am also worried about installing this , i saw it doesn;t have a uniform base , will installing it with the thermal paste be troublesome ??

Please suggest.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

My suggestion :wink:

Although for 40% to 60% load, I dont think you will need a cooler IMO unless there is a overheating problem.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

My suggestion :wink:

Although for 40% to 60% load, I dont think you will need a cooler IMO unless there is a overheating problem.

Thanks.

Yes it might not seem much , 40-60% load ,but here in Durgapur it's quite hot , + i live in a hostel room where there's more dust than people have in their entire house , which causes temp to rise more. Currently i'm running only Firefox and Strong DC++ and Coretemp is showing 80 C :(

Sometimes it even reaches 90C when playing games.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
you can try one thing do some cable management & apply some good quality tim.:wink:

See if the temps drops or not .

If still temps are not good then only go for hyper 212 evo

Souro_Ray

In the zone
The Hyper 212 Evo is worth the investment.. But of course, first try what avinandan012 is suggesting.

If you do end up buying the Hyper 212 Evo, just remember to open up your cabinet once in 2 weeks and dust the gaps between the cooler fins with a large paint brush or something similar. Plenty of dust accumulates between the fins...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can try one thing do some cable management & apply some good quality tim.:wink:

See if the temps drops or not .

If still temps are not good then only go for hyper 212 evo

good suggestion. you don't need new HSF. a good cleaning + quality tim will solve problem. and whatever HSF you use dust will accumulate.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
and make it a point to open up your cabinet and clean the case fans, the stock heat sink and the attached fan at least once in 2 weeks, since you live in a dusty place...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hyper 212 EVO.
Run it in push-pull mode and you will get more headroom for overclocking.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
most of the Stock Intel HSF ain't good ... so if someone has the money and a OCable cpuu investing in a tird party cpu cooler makes more sense and you will get ~Rs. 400/500 worth good quality TiM with it for free ;-)

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Thanks everyone. I won't ever overclock , for now i 'll try dusting the inside of the cabinet and if it gets too hot maybe later invest in the Hyper EVO.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
But IMO, if you have 2k to spare, get the Hyper 212 Evo. Keeping temps nice and low will ensure that your processor lasts long.. very long.. ting tong ;)

poor jokes aside, keeping temps nice and low is never an unworthy investment :)

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
But IMO, if you have 2k to spare, get the Hyper 212 Evo. Keeping temps nice and low will ensure that your processor lasts long.. very long.. ting tong ;)

With aftermarket cooler, without overclocking your Processor will surely run for more than 12+ years without trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom