Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

pratik385

In the zone
Bought Philips SHE 3590 @ 499/-
I've to say it punches way above its price tag.
I purchased this due to its V-shaped soundstage as i wanted good mids and bass aswell!!

which u will prefer out of 3 ?

I've bought the Cowon EM1 three times and non of them lasted more than 4 months. Yes the sound is great and that is why I buy it everytime but not this time. They just stop working. First in one earpiece and by the time you try to understand what just happened, the second one is gone too. The Cowon EK2 did last me for more than 2 years though till they got wet in the rain and stopped working.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't have knowledge on Pro Headphones
but recently I tested Shure SRH440 and SONY MDR-7506..
man i was blown away by Shure SRH440 (it has very balanced Bass & Treble)

so, any other headphones in same price range which can compete with it ?

I'll probably buy one day..though I already own Sennheiser HD-203 :mrgreen:

lutenic

Broken In
i lost my Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 recently, which was my first branded purchase of earphones. It was definitely miles ahead of what i had earlier used.

I purchased 'JBL T100A In Ear Earphone With Mic'. Received it today. First thought:
1. Voice clarity is even better than Ink'd 2.0 even at higher volume.
2. Wire and Built quality is grt.
3. Noise is very low for this price.

Need to use more to check for all variations and Bass and other things.

Cons:
1. Low Volume much lower than Ink'd 2.

I got it for under 500 only. Used the first order coupon and another one for 60rs off to get this low.
SO grt deal for it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
JBL T100A will work with Moto E2?? Have to order from snapdeal. If it didn't work then will they exchange the product?
If it doesn't work then can anyone suggest any other headset(with mic) below Rs700?

lutenic

Broken In
just now received JBL T100A. Man the bass is like 30 out of 100. Or I received faulty product? The headsets i received with Moto E2 have more bass than these. How is the bass in real? if its like boom boom then I will have to return these. I checked in Moto E2 and on laptop(Whistle by Flo Rida). Bass is significantly low and treble is high. I am not an audiophile, wish someone could check these for me :(
I should have ordered Cowon EM1 :(

What now?

Well i found my T100A to be great! Bass is infact little less than the Ink'd 2.0. But the overall voice clarity is much much better and noise reduction is better. After using it for days, the sound output has improved now. I wont rate the Bass as 30, around 60-70 for it.
Even that is good.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Those who have KZ Ate, post short review. Also, were a pair of ear-hooks included with them?

- - - Updated - - -

A comparison with CX 180 would be appreciated.

Mizanurification

Journeyman
^ Get them. ATE are imo the best IEM ive used. Used ES18, Piston 2, ED10, XB50. ATE just sounds punchier and richer. But i cant use them for long sessions. The earphones are comfortable but the sound kinda pierces too much. But for short sessions they are great.

PS: I bought em twice. First time came with ear hooks but the comply tips were shorter for ATE and used to hurt my ears. Second time no hooks but the comply tips were longer and fit properly.

icebags

Technomancer
^ Get them. ATE are imo the best IEM ive used. Used ES18, Piston 2, ED10, XB50. ATE just sounds punchier and richer. But i cant use them for long sessions. The earphones are comfortable but the sound kinda pierces too much. But for short sessions they are great.

PS: I bought em twice. First time came with ear hooks but the comply tips were shorter for ATE and used to hurt my ears. Second time no hooks but the comply tips were longer and fit properly.

you mean, there are chances i may go deaf, if u listen to kz ate regularly ?

AudioGeek

Broken In
I don't have knowledge on Pro Headphones
but recently I tested Shure SRH440 and SONY MDR-7506..
man i was blown away by Shure SRH440 (it has very balanced Bass & Treble)

so, any other headphones in same price range which can compete with it ?

I'll probably buy one day..though I already own Sennheiser HD-203 :mrgreen:

Samson SR850: One hell of a headphone. Costs just 3K. But mind blowing clarity.

vishnov

Journeyman
Hey guys, plz suggest me one around 2k. (+/- 500)

I'm looking at

Sony MDR-XB30EX and
Audio Technica ATH-CKX7 BK

any other good ones in this price range? Or should I go with any one of these?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey guys, plz suggest me one around 2k. (+/- 500)

I'm looking at

Sony MDR-XB30EX
and
Audio Technica ATH-CKX7 BK

any other good ones in this price range? Or should I go with any one of these?
I have MDR-XB30EX and been using for the last 2yrs and still working excellent (Build quality is much much better than Sound Magic).
and also the Bass....
No idea about ATH

vishnov

Journeyman
Even I'm inclined towards sony. Is xb30 comfortable for long use?

And there are also a variant called XB50AP. It's kinda 300rs more. So which shud I prefer xb30 or xb50?

Any idea of sound difference and comfort?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any other better alternative other than sr850? It's had to come by and a bit more pricey these days?

Top Bottom