Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

tkin

Back to school!!
Does anybody know whether Mi Pistons on Flipkart come with any warranty or not?
Flipkart doesn't say anything about warranty for all the Xiaomi accessories, like Piston, Powerbanks etc. Standard is 6 months or max 1 yr. Will send a mail to fk asap.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
OK people, I'm planning if buying IEM's for around 1.5k. Currently I have t peos popular in mind. Could anyone comment/suggest ?

I was hoping to buy VSonic GR02 BE but they go out of my budget & currently unavailable. Should 32 ohm impedance of popular bother me ? I shall be using it with my laptop mostly

Last edited:

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
OK people, I'm planning if buying IEM's for around 1.5k. Currently I have t peos popular in mind. Could anyone comment/suggest ?

I was hoping to buy VSonic GR02 BE but they go out of my budget & currently unavailable. Should 32 ohm impedance of popular bother me ? I shall be using it with my laptop mostly
Just got Sony MDR XB30EX. Check it on Amazon.in

I want to buy a headphone, over the head type......... Budget - 1.5k (strictly, can't increase)

My current headphone is this one:
Sony MDR MA100
It's right side stopped working after my trip(it was in my suitcase). It had over the ear design & was comfortable to use for long time.

So I need a new one. I'll use it primarily with my laptop (music, movies & gaming) as I use my Sennheiser CX180 with my phone.

I've shortlisted these one:
Philips SHL3105WT/00 Over-the-ear Headphone vs Sony MDR-XB450 On-the-ear Headphone vs Audio Technica ATH-S100 BGR On-the-ear Headphones: Compare Headphones: Flipkart.com

I'm bit leaned over the Sony one because of fold-able design
Any other good option ?? Which one should I go for ?

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
But AFAIK, xb30ex is muddy & has warm signature & I would actually prefer something that it's more balanced

Also buddy could you tell me about your music preference? Tracks you tested & what about burn in ?
I meant I'd just ordered them. They haven't reached me yet. Will give the review once I use them for a week. I've ordered them because of much positive reviews about them - I like bass too much and for genre, I prefer bollywood.

You may like to check this post - 4 Earphones Under Rs. 2,000 For Best of Music

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If I remember correctly, Mi's Piston was Rs 1K before? It's Rs 799 now. So worth buying for Moto X?
Mi In-ear Headphone(Piston Design)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
I meant I'd just ordered them. They haven't reached me yet. Will give the review once I use them for a week. I've ordered them because of much positive reviews about them - I like bass too much and for genre, I prefer bollywood.

You may like to check this post - 4 Earphones Under Rs. 2,000 For Best of Music
That post you are mentioning is so not true..
It doesn't have T-Peos popular, VSonic GR 99, SM E10, Brainwavz M1 etc that are so much more better

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]
Pistons have got some great reviews. You may try them but a word of caution, the inline buttons don't work with moto g, so may or may not with x

Also check for revision you are getting, apparently there is difference between them..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If I remember correctly, Mi's Piston was Rs 1K before? It's Rs 799 now. So worth buying for Moto X?
Mi In-ear Headphone(Piston Design)
It was 799 since quite a long time. Apparently that was done to clear 2.0 stocks.
Also, if you're a bass lover, skip it.

The on mic keys work with most of the phones.

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
That post you are mentioning is so not true..
It doesn't have T-Peos popular, VSonic GR 99, SM E10, Brainwavz M1 etc that are so much more better
Got the MDR XB30 yesterday. Personally, I LOVED them. Being a Bass-Lover, I must say that Bass is super cool. With an equaliser like of Poweramp, the IEMs could flawlessly control the desired levels. Treble is bit weak. The design is awesome and earphones fit inside the ears perfectly. The post I mentioned is one of the few posts I could find on 'Best earphones under 2k'. I remember few more links where the XB30 is mentioned. I prefer service and support factor too. So, I'm bit towards popular-and-easily-accessible-brands and Sony MDR XB30EX is the perfect match for me (plus I got them for 1285 bucks only). Decide according to your preferences but XB30 is still a perfect choice.

Last edited:

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
^From where did you get that buddy ?

Amazon.in, mate!
Sony MDR-XB30EX In-Ear Extra Bass Stereo Headphone (Black):Amazon:Electronics

UPDATE: I just checked the site, it's available for INR 1260 at the moment. Grab it! The rates on Amazon keeps on fluctuating every now and then. So, keep an eye on that!

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
need headphones for listening to music, watching movies during travelling plz suggest......

mobile:redmi 1s
budget: Rs. 400-800

I own a Phillips SHE 3590 currently.. But those doesn't fit properly and keeps tumbling..
I desperately wanted to buy mi piston but I have rs250 SD cash in my snapdeal account and also there is 9% cash back on sound magic es18 which costs 541 [MENTION=171297]snap[/MENTION]deal..

So I am stuck with snapdeal.. Should I go for es18 or any other good ones in this price range itself?

sandeepraut

Broken In
hello guys ,
i'm considering to buy in-ear hp with mic up to 1.5-2k ... with good bass.
Please suggest me ... Also how's Sony MDR-XB50 ...

Top Bottom