Headphones, earphones news and discussion thread

Dr@c021

Right off the assembly line
hmm i need a earphone for a frnd which one to buy ?

em1 vs es18

or audio technica clr100

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
true that.. the es18 is really a terrific performer. especially at that price segment. defeats some in higher segments too..

Dr@c021

Em1 > es18 > ep-630

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/182613-soundmagic-es18-vs-cowon-em1-vs-creative-ep-630-a.html

smn suggested em1

Dr@c021

smn pls shed some light on this......

Any real users of either 2 can comment?

can compromise with bit of sound quality but expecting to use 1.5 - 2 yrs

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
just go and see the number of users of es18 on FK and its review. and compare it to the cowon. then compare the price.

then see the spoiler part. :)

if its not really apparant, im again suggesting es18.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
+1 for em1!
Quite better than Soundmagic!
Built quality is on par with Apple EarPods & Sound quality reAches e10 after burn!

All ingredients of sound beautifully mixed in the recipe!

You will not be disappointed !Go with Em1

Dr@c021

..... mixed reviews

Btw what do u mean by bass after burn?

Analysis of reviews is not for me, i am not good at such things. If both are almost same , will go for es18 as it is less priced.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
..... mixed reviews

Analysis of reviews is not for me, i am not good at such things. If both are almost same , will go for es18 as it is less priced.

EM1 is slightly better to ES18 in terms of Sound Quality. Built Quality wise EM1 is much better. Its not that es18 is very poorly built I personally had them from Aug 2012 till march 2014 & now they are with my cousin.

You would not go wrong with any of it. Around 450-500INR Es18 is steal deal else EM1 @702 inr from snapdeal.com

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
on indiatimes shopping the es18 is going for 500 after coupon.

- - - Updated - - -

he means Burn In.

www.tekfusiontechnologies.com/burn-in/‎

- - - Updated - - -

but before you head in into this particular field of acoustics, beware that its heavily controversial. different people have different views.

its upto you to decide. ;)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I see them for 575. Seems good.

*shopping.indiatimes.com/computers/...eadphones-es-18-orange-grey-/11406/p_B2748179

www.tekfusiontechnologies.com/burn-in/‎ says not to wear earphones during burn in time, so i dont use headphones as soon as i purchase it?

see, this is what i was talking about. there are so many opinions from from "experts" on the interwebs, one is bound to get confused.

see, i'll tell you what i do when i buy a new headphone.

i burn them in and listen to them. i put them on my custom burnin track at nights and listen to them normally in the daytime.

i follow this for a week. so i get ~40hrs of actual burnin plus 21hrs of normal usage. thats enough for any IEMs.

btw, did you understnad what burn in actually is??

- - - Updated - - -

and there should be a coupon code on indiatimes shopping. brings the price down to ~500

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How is this Gaming Headset:www.amazon.in/Lenovo-P950-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00AB9ZU00/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KV667SC9ARVVBFZA7HM

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Listen to the earphones too during burn-in for brain burn-in. But don't put them on while sleeping, will likely decrease the longevity.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
hey guys..
need to buy an earphone for sis.
can spend up to ~800rs.

should i buy Cowon EM1 or add money for Soundmagic ES20.
Does es20 worth the extra money?..they look good and have positive reviews(+the wire quality) but they also look a lot like pl21/mp21, and those were not that good with build quality(speciality the earphones themselves; which were easily came apart).

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Listen to the earphones too during burn-in for brain burn-in. But don't put them on while sleeping, will likely decrease the longevity.

more stress on the fact that the earbuds inside your ear will damage your ear if you turn onto your side while wearing them.

- - - Updated - - -

hey guys..
need to buy an earphone for sis.
can spend up to ~800rs.

should i buy Cowon EM1 or add money for Soundmagic ES20.
Does es20 worth the extra money?..they look good and have positive reviews(+the wire quality) but they also look a lot like pl21/mp21, and those were not that good with build quality(speciality the earphones themselves; which were easily came apart).

get the SoundMagic ES18 eyes closed ~550. with balance 250 get some cosmetics if she is fond of them. if not, take her out for a nice dinner/movie.

Top Bottom