Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
*en.expreview.com/img/2009/04/28/4770cf_1.jpg

Price of lowest priced HD4770s and HD4890:-
2x HD4770 @ 6.6k each = Rs. 13,200
HD4890 @ 16.2k each = Rs. 16,200

*en.expreview.com/img/2009/04/28/4770cf_5.jpg

Now, if you compare this review to the result of other cards, you'll find HD4770 X2(as I prefer to say) actually beats these cards:-
- HD4890
- GTX275
- GTX285

And sometimes matches HD4870 X2. Now for Rs. 13,200, what more can you ask for!!!!!!!!!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Damn it. Crossfire is really fired up now. Good to see a sub 7k card based setup pawning high end cards

@compaddict, Thanks a ton for this post

This means that this CF setup is much better than buying a single 17k-20k card.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

It actually looks like it. I mean till yesterday we wudn't think of a card tht performed as good as GTX 285 in a 50-55k rig. Now, tht's possible.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jsut read the whole review on toms hardware :p

Read on :

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-4770-crossfire,2288.html

Anyway, thanks for posting :p

BTW, don't for get to check out this :

Here goes the much awaited GTX 275 SLI Review :p

BFG GTX 275 OC Edition SLI Review

*www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1554

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
As I gather, Crossfire is still more efficient than SLI?

Where has the Hybrid-Crossfire, (SLI?) story reached till now?

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Damn it. Crossfire is really fired up now. Good to see a sub 7k card based setup pawning high end cards

@compaddict, Thanks a ton for this post

This means that this CF setup is much better than buying a single 17k-20k card.

No, you will have to upgrade mobo to 16x xfire one, psu and still get only fps increase. The problem is micro stuttering is visible when games goes from 60 fps to 40 fps. So your min fps requirement goes upto 60 compared to 30-35 for single card. Until is AFR synchronization is researched multi GPU setup is useless unless you are doing GPU computing on both cards or running PhysX(nVidia) with 2nd card.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
No, you will have to upgrade mobo to 16x xfire one, psu and still get only fps increase. The problem is micro stuttering is visible when games goes from 60 fps to 40 fps. So your min fps requirement goes upto 60 compared to 30-35 for single card. Until is AFR synchronization is researched multi GPU setup is useless unless you are doing GPU computing on both cards or running PhysX(nVidia) with 2nd card.
Micro-stuttering? Is that exclusive to 2-card setups?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup, but most of todays cards dun show these micro-stuttering.
and also when 3870X2 was released, ATI said they have completely fixed the micro-stuttering on their X2 cards.

it was clerly notieceble during old card days like 6800GT and 7xxx from nvidia and X1800/1900 from ATI.

now with better drivers, that aint a problem.
and 2*4770 cfx still consumes less power with 40nm. and X2 will be even more efficient.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

You know, ATi should launch two cards:-

HD4890 X2 2GB
HD4770 X2 2GB

Now, I said HD4890 X2 cuz today I read that DX11 GT300 and DX11 RV870 aren't going to come till Q4 2009.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
that push to Q4 could also be due to dx11 development on windows from MS???

It's better to release those cards when MS win7 is stabilized and dx11 on win7 works.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^Yup, otherwise it wud be like the 8800GTX card, DX10 but no DX10 game for another year after release.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
nope, let the cards gets released ASAP, and itll get matured enuf while DX11 games become common and win7 supports it completely.
and itll bring down current cards cost and we can enjoys todays games better.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^just like DX10 cards were finally able to play DX9 games with full settings(even now a 15k DX10 card can't play CRYSIS at DX9 settings and rest maxed out properly), so with DX11 cards, DX10 gaming will finally become fully possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom