Has the quality of Firefox gone down recently?

Has quality of Firefox gone down?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Don't use Firefox in Windows, but in Linux it is fine. Cold starts half a second faster than Opera and Chrome. Flash is a major pain though.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Main reason I use Firefox is add-ons, there are some like Diigo which doesn't work in Opera. And also have gotten used to it.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
If you have installed add-on then there may be a time-lag in start-up, but still Firefox is fast enough.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Thanks krow.

But still not understanding why firefox freezes on page renders.I tried all ff tweaks but no improvement.

------

I see some improvement with this

Open Firefox
Type about:config in address bar
Hit Enter
You will get a warning message, hit the button “I will be careful, I promise”
You will get a lot of entries which you can modify for changing settings of Firefox
In the filter bar type: browser.sessionstore.interval
Change this value. Its in milliseconds. Increase it to a bigger level.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone used the Firefox 31. Really nice interface. Im loving it. And it might be a placebo effect, but it seems a bit more responsive and faster than before. The lack of a dedicated search bar on the right and the absence of master password are why i will never migrate to chrome and firefox has made the browser more awesome with 31.

chris

In the zone
After lot of difficulty, i switch from Firefox to Chrome. I was using some extensions, that made switching to chrome difficult (like TextAloud). I loved FireFox, main reason i switched on Windows as security, with no sandboxing, i had to use Sandboxie with firefox, that caused problem with Flash (protected mode) and keeping flash updated was a problem, some times it fail to update. Switching to Chrome helped me say good bye to Windows. Now using chrome on Ubuntu. Have firefox installed on ubuntu, but scrolling is slow, not sure related to my mouse. I don't like too many process by Chrome, it have security advantage, but it made difficult to use task manager/ps aux.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ chrome has omni bar (address bar and search bar combined into one)
so that means for searching YouTube or Urban Dictionary or whatever, you need to do a Google search. :(

If anybody uses Chrome, he better use Opera.

Custom Search Engines are good in Opera. Right click any form and create one. Choose a keyword. eg, create one for YouTube with the keyword 'yt'. Then type "yt prem aggan review" in your address bar and you see YouTube search results.

chris

In the zone
Custom Search Engines are good in Opera. Right click any form and create one. Choose a keyword. eg, create one for YouTube with the keyword 'yt'. Then type "yt prem aggan review" in your address bar and you see YouTube search results.

You can do the same with Google chrome. Both use chromium, so i don't think there will be much difference, but Google have more fund to support the browser, pay security researchers.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can do the same with Google chrome. Both use chromium, so i don't think there will be much difference, but Google have more fund to support the browser, pay security researchers.
ok, so it's built into Chromium now.

Opera had this feature even before the Chromium/Chrome era. And then they have Mouse Gestures, Speed Dial and Stash.

On Android, Chrome is the laggiest and the crappiest browser imo. Opera and Dolphin are good.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
idk about u guys but i have to use FF in safe mode always to be more responsive still it takes time.....................

beingGamer

In the zone
I use Chrome as my default browser. But for website development/debugging there is no substitute for Firefox.
Firefox takes time to load i agree, and it's from long time. it's not new.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess, we could do with a new thread regarding Firefox. This thread was for 2012 era and the poll doesn't really tell the current situation.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom