Hardy is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I earlier made a post (gutsy is here) in the same forum worthy of the prestigious 'noob of the year award' :lol:
Lamest thing I have done on my PC :oops:
neways..

Ontopic:
UBuntu 8.04 'hardy heron' is here atlast! :)
Download Page
Review of beta

A feature I am really looking forward to is 'wubi' - Install linux without touching the partition table (or atleast the MBR). You will need to grab the wubi.exe from the downlaod page

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
ya...it still shows 8.04 coming soon...

Anyways I have preordered the CD.

goobimama

 Macboy
Guys. Please stop ordering CDs from Ubuntu.com. Not unless you have no download source. I have found lots of people ordering ubuntu CDs just cause they are free and come in a nice packaging. All this stuff is simply adding to the toll on our environment. So if you can download it, do that.

Just my 2 cents.

And yay! for hardy!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
[offtopic]^ celebrating Earth Day :p [/offtopic]

praka123

left this forum longback
Guys. Please stop ordering CDs from Ubuntu.com. Not unless you have no download source. I have found lots of people ordering ubuntu CDs just cause they are free and come in a nice packaging. All this stuff is simply adding to the toll on our environment. So if you can download it, do that.

Just my 2 cents.

And yay! for hardy!
well said gobfy!:)

din

Tribal Boy
Totally agree with goobimama

I used to order before and Prakash helped me a lot too.

After getting broadband, I download CDs, never tried the free option after that.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
^Why is there nothing on ubuntu.com?

Well, at 5pm IST, it's quite easy to make sense that it's only 7:30am in New York and 1:30pm in London. Noo one launches things as the first thing they jump out of bed to do. ;)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Just my 2 cents.

And yay! for hardy!
+1

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I never ordered the cds ever.

Anyway am happy wirh current distro so no plans of trying hardy tille i find a reason to

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Is there a way to update from gutsy to hardy?

And will installing hardy affect my dual boot? Heard they have a new grub version...pleas clear my doubt...but i also heard that i can install through vista through some inbuilt app..is that true..

Pat

Beyond Smart
Is there a way to update from gutsy to hardy?

And will installing hardy affect my dual boot? Heard they have a new grub version...pleas clear my doubt...but i also heard that i can install through vista through some inbuilt app..is that true..

you can install using wubi installer on windows if you dont want to mess with partitions on your hard disk!

Status
Not open for further replies.