Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbuu

Broken In
AMD - personal experience. overheats a lot nd bad performance . dumped it 2 years ago.
Seagate - got it replaced 3 times . Now using Samsung Hdd and using seagate as external Hdd.

nd also chk out this thead most of the users hav issues with seagate HDDS.

Also dont ever buy Samsung dvd/Cd drives. they are known for their tray problems. Hell it jst refuses to eject sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AMD - personal experience. overheats a lot nd bad performance . dumped it 2 years ago.
Seagate - got it replaced 3 times . Now using Samsung Hdd and using seagate as external Hdd.

nd also chk out this thead most of the users hav issues with seagate HDDS.

Also dont ever buy Samsung dvd/Cd drives. they are known for their tray problems. Hell it jst refuses to eject sometimes.

People say that they find issues with WD, samsung, seagate harddrives, INtel, AMD processors, samsung, liteon, lg, benq dvdwriters. Does this mean that we stop using all these products??

come one. give a break.

I am running my Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice core) that I bought in 2006 at 2.4GHz (actual speed 1.8GHz) and it's still running without any problem. when you felt that your proccy is overheating, did you do troubleshooting, did you check what the problem is???

coming back to seagate, don't forget that it is the no.1 brand in HDD and alos my old 40Gb seagate HDD bought in 2001 still doesn't have a single bad sector and I also have 160gig bought in 2005 and 250gig bought few months ago. Every single one of them is working without giving any trouble, no bad sectors, no failures.

Please keep individual experiences away from this. The h/w that can be termed as really bad is product that is bad in a way that most of the users face the same problem. eg: XFX 8600GT card overheating, MSI X58 mobo BIOS failures etc.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microtek & Digital UPS.

Microtek UPS - One of my friend just bought one. It could not correct a tiny bit of voltage fluctuation. After charging it for full tim when he start his comp with it his comp
started but turned off in 5 seconds.

Digital UPS - Though my friend No. 2's house is properly earthed this ups just make his computer a shock machine :p. It's not passing the current through ground wire.

Though I've suggested both of them for buying APC but they have previouslu used those ups so they wanted to stick with those.

ajaybc

Youngling
Intex UPS-Even though my house is properly earthed I get shocks 2-3 times a day from my computer while touching my speakers to turn it off/on,accidently touching the USB port while connecting some USB device,touching the tip of the data cable of my phone etc. Any more of this and I will be suffering from short term memory loss.

ckanth99

Broken In
@desiibond

yes.. seagate is number one brand once.. it seems it have some problems with SATA hard disks.. so many complaints (including one from me, replaced 5 times still not working :) )

haider_up32

Broken In
^^I have a ViewSonic. Never faced problems. The customer care is good too.

viewsonic is known to have the worst customer service....two of my friend have vs lcds both of them developed problems...prior to buying them i even spotted dead pixels in packed lcd's

samsung lg acer hp ...all have their dedicated service centres.....if you could msg the address of viewsonic service centre in lucknow then plz reply else keep your mouth shut

^Intel Original boards dont have any faults. They are rock solid and very stable.

intel original motherboards are the most notorious motherboards on this planet...they get it manufactured through some taiwanese company...bloody frozen bios...google on it

Last edited:

kanishka

In the books..Studying
viewsonic is known to have the worst customer service....two of my friend have vs lcds both of them developed problems...prior to buying them i even spotted dead pixels in packed lcd's

samsung lg acer hp ...all have their dedicated service centres.....if you could msg the address of viewsonic service centre in lucknow then plz reply else keep your mouth shut

mind it dude ...You arent here to fight...

intel original motherboards are the most notorious motherboards on this planet...they get it manufactured through some taiwanese company...bloody frozen bios...google on it

I must agree with psychosocial..Intel motherboards are good as i have used them...

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

intel original motherboards are the most notorious motherboards on this planet...they get it manufactured through some taiwanese company...bloody frozen bios...google on it[/QUOTE]

Intel mobos are known for their stability. What is the problem if they manufacture it in china. Even iphone is manufactured by Foxconn, a taiwanese company. Most of the companies have their products manufactured in Taiwan and few other south east countries. This is because of the ultra low cost of production. Just like most of the garments are manufactured in India (even for major brands like LP, alen solly etc). There is no need to do google to check reliability of Intel motherboards.

coming to viewsonic. yes. you may have faced problem with support and there is a way to find out the support options. just by saying someone to shut up will not do good.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
VexByte said:
I'm pretty dissatisfied with ASUS MBs. One of my MB needed to be repaired within less than 3 years and another's NIC card gone bust without even using the NIC.
Give the model number. You cannot term all Ssus mobos as bad. And when the other mobo's NIC died. maybe it was bad from the beginning, you did not avail yourself of the warranty perhaps?

Problem after 3 years of usage, though not welcome, is nothing unusual. Capacitors (other than the solid state ones) have an expected life of 5 years. Similarly other components age up..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Before checking whether hardware fails or not- psu is something to be questioned. Its pretty obvious that newer systems will have a need of higher efficiencies tested on standard 40-50 degrees of operational temps, lower ripple especially on +12v rails, and more than 3 years warranty.
Seagate has lot of issues lately. Seagate is also planning to drop their warranty period from 5 years to 3 years on certain models. On top of it there are many reports that seagate 500GB drives are loosing half of their transfer speed after some months. I have a WD and seagate. HDD temps report that WD is 32 degrees cool and seagate being 42 but both are pretty cool after load. Most probably the thermal sensors on seagates are not installed properly. The list doesnt end there- I have found that certain companies despite their reputation once their sales volume of a particular product goes up, the quality decreases.
lol @ amd being in wall of shame :p.\

Hall of shame:
VIP/Powersafe gold series (L&C oem)
Coolermaster extreme series (600W and 650w are budget version of 500w seventeam, still CM ditched copper heatsinks- they have 70% efficiency but tested on operational temps of 25 degrees celcius, rather than the standard 40-50 degrees celcius)
Huntkey power supply
Seagate (By my experience 500GB)
Moser Baer disks (I use MC004 Verbatim made in India)
Intel stock LGA775 heatsinks
Msi silly copper loops and restricted bios
Asus' confusing and sometimes unresponsive bios even with newer bios
Tagan 1300w
Gigabyte India's horrible pricing
Certain Indian tech mags and sites (not named for obvious reasons :p) following payola funda and taking money to "overexaggerate" a bad review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom