Hardware price list/spec sheet

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
No, it still isn't less than US prices. 2070 is like $430 in many places, ~31k INR & 2080 for $620, ~45k INR. But yeah, very close.

I was looking at this one:
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 2060 PHOENIX EDITION 6GB GDDR6
Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card
Lowest price in US is 335$ ~ 24K (without tax) for that particular model. And vedant is selling it at 22K. Previously it was 21K INR. Base price is 23K INR.

Also this one:
ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 ADVANCED 8GB GAMING GDDR6
36K INR
Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card
505$ ~ 36.3K INR (without tax)

And this one:
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 2080 TURBO 8GB GDDR6
41K INR
Choose A Video Card
Lowest price of RTX 2080 is 690$ ~ 49.5K INR (without tax)

Last edited:
I was looking at this one:
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 2060 PHOENIX EDITION 6GB GDDR6
Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Phoenix Fan Video Card
Lowest price in US is 335$ ~ 24K (without tax) for that particular model. And vedant is selling it at 22K. Previously it was 21K INR. Base price is 23K INR.

Also this one:
ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2070 ADVANCED 8GB GAMING GDDR6
36K INR
Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card
505$ ~ 36.3K INR (without tax)

And this one:
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 2080 TURBO 8GB GDDR6
41K INR
Choose A Video Card
Lowest price of RTX 2080 is 690$ ~ 49.5K INR (without tax)
These prices are like one-time offers. I have seen RTX 2060 for $290 (~21k), $330 is regular rate these days. Still, I think that single fan RTX 2060 was going for 19k, which is pretty low, but the bad cooler design is something to be wary about.

People who follow tech won't buy or recommend RTX 2070 for $500 & RTX 2080 at $700 due to Super variants. 2070S is a good 10% better for similar price, but those Super varaints usually get sold out pretty soon once listed at those prices. The additional taxes surely increase prices here.

A place to look for deals in US, apparently RTX 2070 was on clearance sale for $295 a week ago:
reddit.com: search results - flair_name:"GPU"

quicky008

Technomancer
i5 9400f is quite popular for its low price tag-but it seems to have a pretty low base clock speed of 2.9 ghz-despite that,how does it manage to perform quite well even in cpu demanding tasks like gaming?

Is it a good idea to buy this cpu for building a low cost gaming pc?

Will its lower clock speed and low thread count (contrary to amd's offerings that have 12 threads like ryzen 2600 etc)cause any issues when it comes to running more demanding titles that respond more favourably to higher clocked cpus with multiple threads?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Base cock doesn't matter,what matters is the turbo clock. 9400f is very popular especially because of its gaming performance so no need to even ask about its gaming performance. You would need at least a ryzen 3600 to compete with it & even then 3600 is just a bit faster(~10% I think) than 9400f.

quicky008

Technomancer
Are these 9th gen intel cpus vulnerable to meltdown,spectre and other such issues that are known to affect intel cpus?

Also, do they produce more heat than their predecessors? Can i reuse my old hyper tx3 cooler with this cpu?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even evo 212 is not good enough for decent overclocking of 6 cores 9th gen in hot climate like India.Best a hyper 212 evo can do with 6 cores 9th gen is run it without thermal throttling at stock with heavy processor loads(90%+).

quicky008

Technomancer
i have no plan of OC'ing the cpu-will run it at stock speeds only.In that case will hyper tx3 suffice for keeping its temps below 70/80c under load?

Also are entry level after market coolers like cooler master h410r adequate for cooling the ryzen 3600 cpu?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think tx3 will be enough for i5 8400/9400 but may be it can work(tx3 is after all a bit behind 212 evo in terms of performance). H410r won't be better than stock cooler of ryzen 3600(which is also build by coolermaster btw),it may even be a little worse.Stay with stock cooler on ryzen 3600 until you are hitting 70-75C+ regularly & then think about getting a good cpu cooler.

quicky008

Technomancer
I read somewhere that amd's stock coolers ship with too much thermal paste, thus when one needs to remove the processor from the socket, separating it from the hsf becomes a problem as the cpu often sticks with the hsf because of the excessive cpu paste.

Is this also the case with wraith stealth coolers that are included with ryzen 3600?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only found this & this issue doesn't seem to be widespread(aka you have to be unlucky typical user to face this issue). As for power users who regularly change their cpu cooler/paste,they probably wouldn't use the stock cooler/paste in the first place.
*www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/agiy4y/warning_about_the_stock_paste_on_the_2700xs/

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Does Computer Parts, Gaming accessories,Gaming Laptops, Electronics, and More - theitdepot.com charge any payment gateway amount?
As I am very close to Chennai (just 185kms north)
I have chosen Computer Parts, Gaming accessories,Gaming Laptops, Electronics, and More - theitdepot.com rather than primeabgb, vedantcomputers, mdcomputers etc
Please suggest as I am going to buy a full PC soon...
Thanks...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Payment gateway charges are paid by merchant to payment gateway provider for processing cards/internet banking/wallets payments & is independent of physical distance of customer. Delivery charges should be less & if you want to avoid payment gateway charges then you can talk to them over phone/email(prefer both as email is a written record) to transfer money directly to their account via neft/imps/upi which won't attract any payment gateway charges as it is direct transfer between two accounts.Primeabgb does this where you can talk to them & directly get a quote which you need to deposit in their account & there will be no payment gateway charges.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Payment gateway charges are paid by merchant to payment gateway provider for processing cards/internet banking/wallets payments & is independent of physical distance of customer. Delivery charges should be less & if you want to avoid payment gateway charges then you can talk to them over phone/email(prefer both as email is a written record) to transfer money directly to their account via neft/imps/upi which won't attract any payment gateway charges as it is direct transfer between two accounts.Primeabgb does this where you can talk to them & directly get a quote which you need to deposit in their account & there will be no payment gateway charges.
Thanks for the reply.

quicky008

Technomancer
Can anyone tell me what kind of temps i can expect while using a ryzen 2600 with stock cooler(for gaming)?

Do the third gen ryzen cpus run hotter than 2nd gen ryzen (eg ryzen 3600)?

Is buying an aftermarket cooler such as hyper 212 evo essential for a ryzen 2600?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
3rd gen ryzen run hotter than 2nd gen & I think 1-2 members here already posted their temps for 3600 running on stock cooler.Manually overclocking 3500 won't gain much because of how boost clock works anyway.First use processor with stock cooler for few days & then only decide whether or which cpu cooler to buy depending on temps reached during usage.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As long as you don't do heavy overclocking(processor as well as integrated vega graphics) then it should be ok but why B450m-a when asus tuf b450m gaming pro is there,it is much better than b450m-a. As for gaming,it all depends on graphics card & ryzen 5 2600 should be able to handle a 1660Ti but it will obviously be behind i5.

Top Bottom