Hardware price list/spec sheet

saswat23

Human Spambot
You can only Cross Fire with the same model card. Say 6850 with another 6850 and 6870 with another 6870, and not 6850 with a 6870.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You can only Cross Fire with the same model card. Say 6850 with another 6850 and 6870 with another 6870, and not 6850 with a 6870.

No man. 6870 can be cf with 6850...refer to this post by Cilus
ATI Crossfire: Crossfire is the ATI’s counterpart and direct competitor of SLI and debuted at September, 2005. Here unlike SLI where two exactly same models of card are required, Crossfire can run two cards of same series. So HD 5850 and 5870 can run in Crossfire but HD 5850 and HD 6950 can’t.

AMD_logic

Broken In
so, the clock of the CF setup would be the lowest clock among the 2 cards right.

-----

Was just reading some reviews on the 6850 & 6870.. most of the reviews have stated that a 6850 would be a better option than a 6870 as the diff. in price is not justified by the diff. in performance ..!
Further, a 6850 can be OC'ed to the base clock of a 6870 and OC'ing headroom is not that much in the 6870 ..
Is this correct ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If ATI cards allows crossfire between 6850 & 6970, then why not? Both are good. But you must be sue about that.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so, the clock of the CF setup would be the lowest clock among the 2 cards right.

-----

Was just reading some reviews on the 6850 & 6870.. most of the reviews have stated that a 6850 would be a better option than a 6870 as the diff. in price is not justified by the diff. in performance ..!
Further, a 6850 can be OC'ed to the base clock of a 6870 and OC'ing headroom is not that much in the 6870 ..
Is this correct ?

yep in CF two cards with different clock speeds will slow down to the speed of the lowest clocked gfx card but the flexibility CF offers running two different card with different clock speed is just great IMO ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, check my article about the SLI and Crossfire which Tenida has given link.

Saswat, Crossfire is possible among the same series of card, not the same model of card... a HD 6950-HD 6970 is possible and so a HD 6870-HD 6850.

Also in Crossfire( current gen or Gen 3) both the cards can run at their own clock speed and the speed of the each of the individual cards can be set from Catalyst control center.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also in Crossfire( current gen or Gen 3) both the cards can run at their own clock speed and the speed of the each of the individual cards can be set from Catalyst control center.

thanks for the info - will check out the guide ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD_Logic, why don't you try the guide I have posted when everybody is asking to do so? It will solve lots of your doubt regarding the multi-gpu setup.
Buddy, have some patience to to know things rather than short-cut solution.
In SLI or Crossfire, memory does not get doubled, so when two 1 GB cards are used, effective memory is still 1 GB

Last edited:

navin00

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
GTX 460 overheating...

Hey guys my brother has a palit gtx 460 sonic in his pc and the card temps are real high at idle around 82' celsius and the computer shuts down while gaming as the temps reaching 100' celsius at its threshold..what could be the problem and the card was 6 months old should i RMA it..purchased from Vedant..

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Hey buddies, it's a big issue, net surfing here. Torrents is the only thing that runs well.

If it is possible, could someone quote all the latest price updates of the past few weeks from this thread itself in one post, then I can add/update the main page.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: GTX 460 overheating...

Hey guys my brother has a palit gtx 460 sonic in his pc and the card temps are real high at idle around 82' celsius and the computer shuts down while gaming as the temps reaching 100' celsius at its threshold..what could be the problem and the card was 6 months old should i RMA it..purchased from Vedant..

Then the Cooling solution is not proper. Probably the GPU fan is not working properly. Check in nVidia control panel/MSI overdrive that if the fan speed is manually set to some lower value like 30% or something like that. If so, change it to auto and then check the temp again.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hey buddies, it's a big issue, net surfing here. Torrents is the only thing that runs well.

If it is possible, could someone quote all the latest price updates of the past few weeks from this thread itself in one post, then I can add/update the main page.

Dude, the 1st page is pretty much outdated, as we all know computer hardware market is changing almost everyday. So in my opinion best solution wold be to solve the problems of your internet first & then come here for a prolonged period of time (presuming) to correct the whole list.

Oh, yeah, I would love to say an introductory 'hi' to you. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still its too costly to buy. :-(

yep, though Blu-ray drives are available for pc quite a some time now vut they are still pricey coz not that many people will buy this drives as the discs are very costly and most of the users don't use them - once we can get get cheaper BR dvd discs the price of these drives will come down too ;-)

BTW, Some Price Updates :

Intel DH67CL @ 5.6k
Intel DH67BL @ 5.2k
Intel DH67GD @ 5.9k
Intel DH67VR @ 4.1k - cheapest H67 mobo AFAIK ;-)

Top Bottom