Hardware price list/spec sheet

I_no

__________ ___ __
You mean something like OpenCL. But it would take quite a few years for popular apps to start appearing which support it and have a great quality. Till then we need something else.
*www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2009/06/02/microsoft-reveals-native-win-7-video-transc/1
Its coming much sooner than later.:smile:

and @XileDemon: I think that for gaming, you are much better off getting an AMD rig in your price budget. Maybe a 720BE or a Phenom X2 550BE coupled with 4770 should really be a good config in your price range. And if you don't mine overclocking, then your rig could be really powerful.:smile:

abhadi

Broken In
hi guys...
Some new motherboard for i7 showed up deltapage.com....

Intel X58BP 2 * 16x, 8 Ch. S, L, FW 13500

Couldn't find that in google .... What mobo could it be ??

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Today, I'm adding new products to the price list. I'm i Panvel, a li'l away from mumbai. I'm staying over at my Mama-Mami's house, and fortunately, they have internet connection(ZTE Reliance CDMA 1X).

COOLING PRODUCTS
Cooler Master Glacier 9200 @ 3.2k
Corsair Hydro Series H50 Water Cooler @ 5k
Cooler Master Aquagate S1(RP) @ 5.4k

Cooler Master Aquagate Max @ 13.4k

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz @ 12.4k

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You mean something like OpenCL. But it would take quite a few years for popular apps to start appearing which support it and have a great quality. Till then we need something else.

Actually ATI graphic drivers are impressing me more and more as time passes. They keep getting better at a much faster rate than nVidia ones.

Anyway, I am playing the waiting game now. Either I get an Athlon II X4 workstation if I am convinced that I'm not being ripped off by AMD and its fully VFM, or I go for a laptop and my next desktop would only come when I'm employed 4-5 years later and that would probably be an AMD Bulldozer based Fusion or Intel SandyBridge based platform with DDR4 memory.

I think I might finalise on the laptop route. Any good options for us Indians who loath US prices ?

You are not a gamer, are linux user, student ready to enter university. I see no reason why you should go for a desktop. Get a laptop. If you go to any good college, you will be needing a laptop anyways.

I_no

__________ ___ __
[FONT=Arial SIZE=5]Today, I'm adding new products to the price list.[/FONT]

I think if you can create sub-categories under that heading [cooling products], then it would be really great, as it is very unclear what kind of cooling products are they like VGA water-block or water cooling kit or aftermarket heatsink+fan etc.:mrgreen:

Also, I think it would be nice if you could list against each price, where did you get it from as people often ask questions about that.:-D

Hope I am not asking too much.
You are already doing a very good job and we are really grateful to you.:wink:

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Done as you requested. Well, I get them from the sources which are already mentioned from the 1st page, including "desibond", "Techshopguy" and others. They give this from cities like Bangalore, New Delhi(CP) and Lamington Street(Mumbai).

UPDATE
Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz B.E. @ 5.4k

New EDIT
COOLING PRODUCTS:
Water Cooling

GPU
Cooler Master Glacier 9200 @ 3.2k
Corsair Hydro Series H50 Water Cooler @ 5k
Cooler Master Aquagate S1(RP) @ 5.4k

CPU
Cooler Master Aquagate Max @ 13.4k

Krow

Crowman
Huh! just look look at his reply time in post number 850 in this thread. BTW are you not spamming?

Offtopic : Nt laughing at u buddy. He's got over 6k posts. I presume he's so TDFaddicto that he cant sleep without posting late night. Nope, I saw ur message only later, so no spam. Btw, topgear almost always posts @ arnd 4/5am in the morning, hence maybe he meditates @ TDF.

@ compaddict Keep up the good job man! Thread still goin strong!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I always wake up early in the morning & surf the Internet for around 2 hour.
( before I used to study my books during 2 hours ) After that I've to study my books :p
So you will see my most of the post among 4-6 A.M but I also do post on other times
whenever i get the opportunity :p

& the other reason why I post early in the morning is my net connection just slows down like **** after 10 A.M ( I'm not a broadband user ) & it remains like that upto 11-12P.M.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xigmatek Thor's Hammer CPU cooler Rs. 3.5K only

H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology.

Double layer HDT & Double performance.

Plating Black-Nickel on whole body.

4pcs Φ8mm + 3pcs Φ6mm high performance heat-pipes.

2 fin type combination provides efficient air flow.

Passive cooler design with option of fan installed.

Anti-vibration rubbers prevent vibration and absorb noise.

Spring-Screw + Universal (LGA775/1366) Back plate.

Ready for Intel Core i7 CPU.

All Intel® Socket 775 CPU
Core™ Extreme / Quad / Duo
Pentium® Extreme Edition / D
Celeron® D

All Intel Socket 1366 CPU Core™ i7

All AMD Socket K8 754 / 939 / 940 CPU
Athlon™ 64 / FX / X2
Opteron™
Sempron™

All AMD Socket AM2-940 CPU
Phenom™ X3 X4
Athlon™ 64 / FX / X2
Opteron™

Dimension : 120(W) x 90(H) x 160(D) mm
Weight : 800g
Fan (option) : 120x120x25mm * 2 ( 8pcs Anti-vibration rubber attached)

*www.xigmatek.com/product/air-thorshammers126384.php

AMD Processor Price Updates :

Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 13.4k
Phenom II X4 940 3GHz B.E. @ 10.4k
Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz @ 9.9k
Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz B.E. @ 7.7k

Last edited:
*www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2009/06/02/microsoft-reveals-native-win-7-video-transc/1
Its coming much sooner than later.:smile:
All that glitters is not gold.
All that is H.264 1080p is not great quality.
We need porting of high quality algorithms like Nero AVC and x264 to OpenCL only then will we see TRUE GPU encoders.
off topic :- MetalheadGautham surfing late nights not good for health.
LOL I know. So what ?
Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition 5.4 K
Much better. Now this CPU is going to OWN the market. I'm thinking of getting one if I'm sure that I can unlock it. Or maybe not. I will just get a laptop.

This <==> reason to stop recommending AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition.

This is the best gaming CPU today. Period.

Has Phenom II X2 250 hit 4K mark yet ? And why no Regor Black Editions yet ?

I_no

__________ ___ __
All that glitters is not gold.
All that is H.264 1080p is not great quality.
We need porting of high quality algorithms like Nero AVC and x264 to OpenCL only then will we see TRUE GPU encoders.
I never said that its going to come tomorrow or this year,;-) but I am 100% certain that this is not going to take few years and it would be really usable in 6-8 months after WIN7 launch:p as both nVidia and ATI are pushing for it real hard and the WIN7 feature is just a start.

And at all those suggesting phenom II X2, you seem to be missing that it is just a temporary solution as AMD just cannot keep sourcing these from X4s and it would end somehow. However, seeing its popularity, it would be nice if AMD could make a native dual core with maybe 4MB L3 which would perform just like phenom II X2 and would be cheaper to produce and will be something permanent.
But the price point at which Regor is sitting right now, in India, is just plain unjustifiable, it does not compete with Phenom II x2 and it has to drop down around 3.5K, where it really belongs and can be had for in US.

Last edited:
Damn. I should've waited few more weeks and bought this instead of 7750BE :)

SALE SALE 7750BE SALE SALE :)
ROFL, I expected this moment will come soon :lol:

Private Advice: Most in bangalore don't even know difference between phenom and phenom2. Convincing someone to buy this even for 3K is an EPIC WIN for you. ;-)

Top Bottom