Hardware price list/spec sheet

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^I won't rejoice much about that. Lat weekend I saw Dell 1909W display. BenQ's cheap price is due to the fact that they use lower quality materials in their product.

I was able to notice the reduction in build quality of Dell 1909W as they are forced to sell monitors for dirt cheap prices.

Disappointed!! very very disappointed.

surinder

Tech addict
You mean to say they are pulling out in the competition. Don't worry future still going to get rosier no matter if a player or two surrenders.

^^Nope, E6300 doesn't.
THe X2 250 is competition to E7500 which costs 133$, so X2 250 is leagues ahead.
And X2 550 competes and beats E8400, which costs 163$, so again X2 550 is leagues ahead.

BenQ UPDATE

Superb pricing, BenQ is looking gr8 with their new G series line up.
Thats ONLY in gaming. Even that I am not sure. Please gimme reviews where 250 beats E7400 and 550 beats E8400.

EDIT: just saw those reviews. Really interesting they are. But the A2X2 250 still often looses to the PDC E6300. I think it deserves a price closer to 4K or 4.5K instead of 5.5K. But P2X2 550BE seems like a sweet buy. I think it can comfortably replace P2X3 720BE from the shelves now because expensive 2 cores generally mean only gaming. This can be 6K I guess.

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^yup, u r right...only in gaming the new AMD CPUs performs better, due to some dual-core optimizations made for some new games. But in all 3D CPU rendering and OpenGL tests even the E5400 beats the PII 550BE by a fair margin. PII 550 competes with E7500, not with E8400.

BTW, *benq.com/products/LCD/?product=1460&page=specifications looks awesome. Look at the TDP. 23W for a 720p screen is great.

And G2200HD is also a good improvement from T2200HD - goes down to 42W TDP from 27W TDP.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yup BenQ is doing a gr8 job.

^^yup, u r right...only in gaming the new AMD CPUs performs better, due to some dual-core optimizations made for some new games. But in all 3D CPU rendering and OpenGL tests even the E5400 beats the PII 550BE by a fair margin. PII 550 competes with E7500, not with E8400.

But do u really care about all those parameters?

There are two sides to the same argument here.

A good GPU usually takes care of rendering, OpenGL, OpenCL, 2D and 3D.
So a CPU is supposed to manage everything else.

But then, audio/video encoding, encryption, file compression, multitasking, etc are CPU's department.

So these are the benchmarks I want to concentrate on when buying my next GC WorkStation (if windows = PC & apple = mac, myself = Gauthamic Computer :D)

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

ya I really care abt these factors...I work with 3D rendering apps and other designer apps, as I'm lately into the learning path of game development and other multimedia content creation. A couple of years back may be I would hav said gaming is wat matters more than anything since I was in clge dat time :)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^There are exceptions :))
But then, audio/video encoding, encryption, file compression, multitasking, etc are CPU's department.
But does it matter if it took 38 seconds for WinRAR to comress a file, and 42 seconds of a Phenom II? Will it change the world with those 4 seconds?

HELL UPDATE
Galaxy GTX275 896MB GDDR3 OC @ 13.7k

Palit GTX275 896MB GDDR3 @ 15.7K
Palit GTX260 896MB GDDR3 SONIC @ 10.8k

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There are two sides to the same argument here.

A good GPU usually takes care of rendering, OpenGL, OpenCL, 2D and 3D.
So a CPU is supposed to manage everything else.

So these are the benchmarks I want to concentrate on when buying my next GC WorkStation (if windows = PC & apple = mac, myself = Gauthamic Computer :D)

audio/video encoding is not entirely CPU tasks.

i told this earlier too. video encoding (from dvd to divx) was 3x times faster on AMD Athlon64 3000+(single core) + HD2600XT than on core2duo E6450 (dual core)+Quadro 540

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
but since you are more into linux, you better pick AMD/Intel processor and nVidia GPU.

ATI graphic drivers suck really bad when it comes to linux.

XileDemon

Right off the assembly line
Will this place be right to post MyRigConfig's? Needed a lil' pricing and technical help. Will post my specs if its a "Yes".

:twisted:

tkin

Back to school!!
^There are exceptions :))
But does it matter if it took 38 seconds for WinRAR to comress a file, and 42 seconds of a Phenom II? Will it change the world with those 4 seconds?

HELL UPDATE
OM*G!!

Palit for 15.7:cry:, need money bad:cry:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Procs Price Update :

Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz @ 5.6k
Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz @ 6.9K
Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz @ 14.4k
Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz @ 9.9K

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

UPDATE
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz @ 5.6k
Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz @ 6.9K

Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz @ 9.9K
Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz @ 14.4k

Guys, I'll be gone for a week, going to Mumbai.

XileDemon

Right off the assembly line
MyRigConfig for JUNE '09 :

Motherboard :
1. Gigabyte GA-EP43/45-DS3L (depends on pricing at that time and availability)
Price: ??
2. --Need suggestions--
Price: ??

Processor:
1. Intel Core2Duo E7400
Price: 5.6k
2. Core2quad Q8400
Price: 9.9k

RAM :
1. 2x 2GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz
Price: 1200 each = 2.4k (??)

HDD : --Gonna use my current one, i.e. Seagate 320GB, unless another one is recommended, gotta keep all the unnecessary stuff out to fix it in my "Flexible" budget :-| --

Graphics Card :
1. MSI HD 4770 512MB
Price: 6.9k (??)
2. Powercolor HD Radeon 4850 512Mb 625MHz/993MHz
Price: 8.8k (??)
3. MSI NX 9600GT 512MB 700MHz/950Mhz
Price: 8.8k (??)

PC CasinglCabinet :
1. CoolerMaster Centurion 534/590 (again, depending on prices and advantages)
Price : ??

PSU :
1. CoolerMaster Extreme power 500W
2. Tagan TG 500W
3. Corsair VX 450W
Price : 4.2k ( Dunno where I read 3.9k :shock:)

As you can see I'm still newbie in the hardware department, so please don't be too harsh on me :p . Also, all (??)'s indicate prices that I have summerized from Mags, friends and a bit of searching all mixed together.

All other essential i.e. Keyboard/mouse (got a MX518 for 1.25k 6 months back :razz::razz:), Monitor, speakers etc. will be from my existing system.

Misc. Info :

I live in Mumbai and have access to Lamington Road (well not much, I live in Malad >_> ) and my main intention is mid-range Multiplayer Online/ MMO gaming, and playing the latest-ish games. Also I will have to stick with this Rig till at least 2011 :cry: . Thanks for reading this post and possiblying replying :))

Regards.
PS. : /end.rant T_T

audio/video encoding is not entirely CPU tasks.

i told this earlier too. video encoding (from dvd to divx) was 3x times faster on AMD Athlon64 3000+(single core) + HD2600XT than on core2duo E6450 (dual core)+Quadro 540

You mean something like OpenCL. But it would take quite a few years for popular apps to start appearing which support it and have a great quality. Till then we need something else.

but since you are more into linux, you better pick AMD/Intel processor and nVidia GPU.

ATI graphic drivers suck really bad when it comes to linux.
Actually ATI graphic drivers are impressing me more and more as time passes. They keep getting better at a much faster rate than nVidia ones.

Anyway, I am playing the waiting game now. Either I get an Athlon II X4 workstation if I am convinced that I'm not being ripped off by AMD and its fully VFM, or I go for a laptop and my next desktop would only come when I'm employed 4-5 years later and that would probably be an AMD Bulldozer based Fusion or Intel SandyBridge based platform with DDR4 memory.

I think I might finalise on the laptop route. Any good options for us Indians who loath US prices ?

Top Bottom