Hardware price list/spec sheet

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Why? I don't feel any issues with concurrent access with my internal hdds, now since usb 3.0 is faster, why won't it allow faster concurrent access?

well, spindle based hdds won't have a problem accessing two areas at once?

Sorry noob here guide me if I'm wrong.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

For one thing, all modern HDDs are multi-platter which, I think, can be accessed parallely, because they all have the corresponding number of read/write heads. Access can also be either multi-threaded, or interleaved (i.e., multiple areas of the platters accessed alternately in millisecond intervals) that would for all practical purposes appear "concurrent". This is just my understanding, so please do correct me if I am wrong.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think unless you're talking SSDs backup and concurrent access will be a problem always with spindle based HDDs.

Minor UPDATE

I balanced out the rigs, removed the Dell LED monitor as everyone was saying it's not good.

Did I get the BenQ LED monitor model and price right? ANd I'm still looking for a H61 board with price.

If anybody knows, then please post.

Number of platters on a HDD depends on the total capacity of the HDD and of-course on model and manufacturer.

For example - spindle based HDDs like Seagate 7200.12 drives has only 2 platters of 500GB each on the other hand the 1TB 7200.11 model has four 250GB platters.

Modern HDD platter techniques has been able to increase platter densities and platter density is the one of the major factor factor in hard disk speed as by holding more data onto the same surface area the distance and mechanical operations read/write heads has to down is reduced improving overall drive performance.

All modern HDDs like Seagate 7200.12 1TB drives can read from all two platters and 4 surfaces concurrently without any issue or noticeable delay ;-)

The cheapest BenQ 22 inch LED I could find is this BenQ G2222HDL @ 8.5k

For H61 mobos choose your pick ;-)

Asus P8H61-M LE @ 4k
Intel DH61WWB3 @ 3.25k - price updated
Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3 @ 3.9k

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Thanks for explaining the HDD thing both you guys.

As for the H61 mobos, I see that a H67 mobo is available for 4.9k only, so what's the prime difference between H61 and H67 mobos?? Is it worth the 1k price difference?

I know for a fact both H chipsets don't support overclocking. SO what else?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can get a H61 mobo for as low as ~3.2k - see above and a H67 mobo such as Intel DH67VRB3 @ 4.5k.

here's the comparison between two :
Compare Intel® Products,

it's worth the extra price you pay for the H67 mobo IMO ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
You can get a H61 mobo for as low as ~3.2k - see above and a H67 mobo such as Intel DH67VRB3 @ 4.5k.

here's the comparison between two :
Compare Intel® Products,

it's worth the extra price you pay for the H67 mobo IMO ;-)
DVI/HDMI alone makes up for it, I mean vga? Does monitors even come with vga these days? And anyone buying those mobos want to build cheap htpcs, they won't add graphic cards probably.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Asus Crosshair V Formula - 15.5k

Asus Crosshair V Formula--Free Shipping

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX - 13.8k

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX--Free Shipping

Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z - 12.8k

Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z--Free Shipping

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ hey jas isnt the prices of the given mobo more than it should be...may be im wrong coz they are just launched but... if these are the base prices now it will not decrease that much in near future...!
what do u say about that..?

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ hey jas isnt the prices of the given mobo more than it should be...may be im wrong coz they are just launched but... if these are the base prices now it will not decrease that much in near future...!
what do u say about that..?
The prices are ok, that's what the prices should be, crosshair V is the top end 990fx board and part of the ROG series.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DVI/HDMI alone makes up for it, I mean vga? Does monitors even come with vga these days? And anyone buying those mobos want to build cheap htpcs, they won't add graphic cards probably.

even I'm using VGA ;-) and not only those extra display ports - the usb 3.0 ports are a great addition to the Intel DH67VRB3 and a buyer should not be too much skimpy to spend the extra cash as there's no usb 3.0 addon cards available on the market which can be bought for around ~1.5k AFAIK. More good is it has got RAID and two extra ram slots - so just by paying a little more a buyer is actually getting a lot more by opting for DH67VRB3 instead of cheapest h61 mobo.

Asus Crosshair V Formula - 15.5k

Asus Crosshair V Formula--Free Shipping

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX - 13.8k

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX--Free Shipping

Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z - 12.8k

Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z--Free Shipping

nice prices though waiting for other manufacturers to show their 990fx line up ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
even I'm using VGA ;-) and not only those extra display ports - the usb 3.0 ports are a great addition to the Intel DH67VRB3 and a buyer should not be too much skimpy to spend the extra cash as there's no usb 3.0 addon cards available on the market which can be bought for around ~1.5k AFAIK. More good is it has got RAID and two extra ram slots - so just by paying a little more a buyer is actually getting a lot more by opting for DH67VRB3 instead of cheapest h61 mobo.

nice prices though waiting for other manufacturers to show their 990fx line up ;-)
Something tells me sabertooth hits the Price vs Performance point.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
what do you expect, a HD 6990 on a 6k mobo ? ;)

What's wrong with that? A chipset is a chipset; if someone doesn't need all the extras like eSATA, bluetooth, RAID etc. but does want the best graphics card that money can buy a 6990 on a 6k mobo is not impractical at all. Neither it is going to hurt performance of the CPU & the GPU much. Case in hand, MSI 890GXM-G65. Its a m-ATX mobo, supports CFX, loaded with features and costs some 7k only.

tkin

Back to school!!
What's wrong with that? A chipset is a chipset; if someone doesn't need all the extras like eSATA, bluetooth, RAID etc. but does want the best graphics card that money can buy a 6990 on a 6k mobo is not impractical at all. Neither it is going to hurt performance of the CPU & the GPU much. Case in hand, MSI 890GXM-G65. Its a m-ATX mobo, supports CFX, loaded with features and costs some 7k only.
Anyone who is willing to buy 40k 6990 will probably want extra features that come with the costlier mobo, getting my drift?

Top Bottom