Hardware price list/spec sheet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WOW!!!! You keep hearing something new, fruitful and knowledge-adding here with every reply :adore::adore: Hmm. I will follow your suggestion and go for Seagate 1.5TB but I hear weird news about Seagate and their HDDs being not so reliable :( i.e. why I was not keen on Seagate. Currently I have 80GB seagate drive on my computer. It has not created any problems as yet. :)

Regarding graphics card, I can include it and reduce my mobo to a lower level one without on board graphics. :) Thanks a lot for this different and directly related to my need suggestion :adore:

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

hahaha, my bad regarding phrases LOL :lol:

Hmm, Yes, this time I am going to take at least 3 months to decide what I want so that it can be fairly future proof system, last time also I made config for my friends, they still adore me for that all thanks to thinkdigit team members over here. :adore:

thanks for lots of adores :p

As you are going to wait for 3 months you can grab a even a GTS 250 instead of 9800GT which is only 1k more and is decently faster.

Though keep in mind that you will need a good psu like corsair VX 450W ( GTS 250 ) or cx 400W ( 9800GT ) like PSU to run this setup with a quad core from AMD.

Oh God !! OK LOL. Guess I am too concerned about nonsensical things. :lol:

Will do as you suggested. Actually it was more concerned related to funds :redface:

If I do the assembling, putting the hardware on a wooden teapoy while sitting on a small wooden stool like those used in "Poojas", will I be totally out of threat of ESD problems ?

Before assembling just touch any metal thing like a metal rod or the cabinet itself and then assemble your rig.

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
thanks for lots of adores :p

As you are going to wait for 3 months you can grab a even a GTS 250 instead of 9800GT which is only 1k more and is marginally faster.

Though keep in mind that you will need a good psu like corsair VX 450W ( GTS 250 ) or cx 400W ( 9800GT ) like PSU to run this setup with a quad core from AMD.

Before assembling just touch any metal thing like a metal rod or the cabinet itself and then assemble your rig.

Thanks a lot. Points saved in a text file. Have already selected Gigabyte Superb 460W :) and processor i3 650 with mobo intel DP55WB. Have gone down on mobo and proc so that I can increase that budget on GPU. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought that GTS250 is much better than 9800GT.....:?
So u mean 9800GT@5.5k is more VFM than GTS250@6.5K ?

I should've written decently instead - corrected that typing mistake :p

Now if we consider his needs

GTS 250 W consumes 30% more power and costs 18% more and gives 17% in gpu encoding - I'm not talking about gaming performance only gpu encoding power.

Now it's tough call to say which one is more VFM as everybody has different needs though as their no other high performance card in the same price range form nvidia which supports gpu encoding and decent gaming performance yes, you can call GTS 250 a good VFM card :p

Thanks a lot. Points saved in a text file. Have already selected Gigabyte Superb 460W :) and processor i3 650 with mobo intel DP55WB. Have gone down on mobo and proc so that I can increase that budget on GPU. :)

^^ nice choice - willing to know about how much you are willing to spend on the gpu - if possible buy a GTX 460 768 Mb @ 12.5k though you may have to change to corsair VX 450W for that anyway.

So a GTX 460 is way more faster in video encoding using GPU :p

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/badaboomreview_081808122133/17248.png

*images.tweaktown.com/content/3/3/3392_37.png

vwad

In the zone
I should've written decently instead - corrected that typing mistake :p

Now if we consider his needs

GTS 250 W consumes 30% more power and costs 18% more and gives 17% in gpu encoding - I'm not talking about gaming performance only gpu encoding power.

Now it's tough call to say which one is more VFM as everybody has different needs though as their no other high performance card in the same price range form nvidia which supports gpu encoding and decent gaming performance yes, you can call GTS 250 a good VFM card :p

I will be willing to shell out upto 7.5k only sadly for GPU :(

^^ nice choice - willing to know about how much you are willing to spend on the gpu - if possible buy a GTX 460 768 Mb @ 12.5k though you may have to change to corsair VX 450W for that anyway.

So a GTX 460 is way more faster in video encoding using GPU :p

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/badaboomreview_081808122133/17248.png

*images.tweaktown.com/content/3/3/3392_37.png

Thanks a lot for this information but my budget does not allow that :(

Regarding PSU I have already decided to go with FSP Epsilon 600W considering its authorised by AMD on their site for GPUs. :)

But really thanks a lot for this. :) Any info about ATI Avivo's performance in Video Encoding at mid range of 7k budget ? you and everyone here ?

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
Does the theitwares charge shipping charges ? because they say free shipping, I may order and incur the damn 3% octroi if they don't charge since Mumbai-Pune not so far :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear

Thanks for details.....

you welcome .. :p

yes very useful. i didn't know GFX card can help in encoding and that NVIDIA CUDA yields superb results

yep - I use badaboom to encode videos.

Thanks a lot for this information but my budget does not allow that :(

Regarding PSU I have already decided to go with FSP Epsilon 600W considering its authorised by AMD on their site for GPUs. :)

But really thanks a lot for this. :) Any info about ATI Avivo's performance in Video Encoding at mid range of 7k budget ? you and everyone here ?

Don't know much about that PSU - what's the price youy are paying for that ?

ATI avivo's performance is not so good in video encoding using gpu that's why it's not that popular but on the contrary nvidia's cuda is much popular and it has it's valid reason for that anyway :p

*i26.tinypic.com/2iapnkh.png

So for 7k gpu budget I would strongly recommend you to go for GTS 250 ( former 9800GTX+ ) and you will get more than a core i7 965 with it - just check the below mentioned benches :p

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/catalyst812_121108205411/17904.png

Please reply to my query ...

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H USB3 is listed at 8.5k on several websites but some websites listed it @ 9.5-10.5 too so if you want to know the real market price it's better to contact the sites that pulsar_swift has recommended to you.

Can anybody quote me the prices of these mobos>
Asus p5p43td
Ga-ep45t-ud3lr
ga-ep43t-ud3l
Msi p43 c51

and what would be the resale value of
original intel dg33fb
product code>boxdg33fb
Its in new like condition with bill, box packing.
And the resale value of kingston (1gb x 2) 667mhz.
Thanx in advance :) :)
my q6600 needs to be overclocked!!!

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
Can anybody quote me the prices of these mobos>
Asus p5p43td
Ga-ep45t-ud3lr
ga-ep43t-ud3l
Msi p43 c51

and what would be the resale value of
original intel dg33fb
product code>boxdg33fb
Its in new like condition with bill, box packing.
And the resale value of kingston (1gb x 2) 667mhz.
Thanx in advance :) :)
my q6600 needs to be overclocked!!!

Thanks for this post. It reminded me of my another question.

What will be the resale value of below.

Asus A7V400Mx Mobo
AMD Sempron 2400 Proc
Seagate 80GB Barracuda HDD
20GB Samsung HDD (Bought in 2001)
Logitech Value Optical Mouse and Logitech Multimedia Smooth Keys Keyboard (Both White coloured)
MicroTek 36cm (15") CRT Monitor DigiSync Digital Model 1556D
Simmtronics DDR RAM 512MB
KPPL 855 Cabinet + SMPS

@ Utkarsh2008

Asus p5p43td = Rs.6405/-
Ga-ep45t-ud3lr = Rs. 8580/-
ga-ep43t-ud3l = Rs. 6580/-
Msi p43 c51 = Rs. 4690/-

Source = theitdepot.com

Don't know much about that PSU - what's the price youy are paying for that ?

ATI avivo's performance is not so good in video encoding using gpu that's why it's not that popular but on the contrary nvidia's cuda is much popular and it has it's valid reason for that anyway :p

*i26.tinypic.com/2iapnkh.png

So for 7k gpu budget I would strongly recommend you to go for GTS 250 ( former 9800GTX+ ) and you will get more than a core i7 965 with it - just check the below mentioned benches :p

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/catalyst812_121108205411/17904.png

Thanks a lot for this info also :adore:

I am paying Rs. 4900 as per theitwares.com

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
Thanx a lot vwad!!
Msi p43 is the way to go for me then.
Hope it will oc my q6600 to atleast 3ghz.

Yes, lets hope so, sorry, dont know much about OC since me no gamer, but wait I am just tip of the toe, there are more stalwarts here & you will need to buy DDR3 RAM since MSI board above needs that.

BTW from the suggestions here I read regarding intel procs and mobos, everyone seems to be recommending at least P55 chipsets if you can increase the budget because it will fairly be securing future I guess. :)

@all
what would my old mobo and ram details in my previous post go for.(perfectly fine and in running condition)
is anybody interested?
Reason to sell> although intel boards are robust and with fsb overclock(using some software i actually forgot the name, the one in which we had to select the pll chip) i did 3ghz stable(prime95 quad core version for 6hrs after that electricity went off and temp was 62c-62c).
Intel mobos don't provide bios overclock and i don't have enough cash to actually to buy myself an i7 rig and anything less than that i won't buy.
Forgive me for this ot post, i know it should have been in the bazaar section but i am a student(preparing for jee 2011 in kota) so i don't have ample time.
My pc is back there in kanpur, i will be going there from 31st july to 3rd august.
So if any1 from kanpur interested do pm me.
Will be able to send the pics only when i reach home.
Once again sorry for the ot.
Long hail digit forum.

vwad

In the zone
@all
what would my old mobo and ram details in my previous post go for.(perfectly fine and in running condition)
is anybody interested?
Reason to sell> although intel boards are robust and with fsb overclock(using some software i actually forgot the name, the one in which we had to select the pll chip) i did 3ghz stable(prime95 quad core version for 6hrs after that electricity went off and temp was 62c-62c).
Intel mobos don't provide bios overclock and i don't have enough cash to actually to buy myself an i7 rig and anything less than that i won't buy.
Forgive me for this ot post, i know it should have been in the bazaar section but i am a student(preparing for jee 2011 in kota) so i don't have ample time.
My pc is back there in kanpur, i will be going there from 31st july to 3rd august.
So if any1 from kanpur interested do pm me.
Will be able to send the pics only when i reach home.
Once again sorry for the ot.
Long hail digit forum.

Assuming you are selling both of your currents, are you open to AMD suggestions ? Just asking for supporters here to be able to guide to you considering that aspect too.

Last edited:
@vwad
holy hell i am feeling so damn good to interact with some1 like minded here at kota every1 is so dumb regarding tech.
Btw i m not discarding my proccy so no amd for me as of now will definitely consider for my next build(ie after my jee exam on 17 april 2011 or so)

p55 mobo wit ddr3 support(atleast 4 dimm slots) suggestions will be appreciated.

Please ignore typos and capitalization coz i am on mobile.

Top Bottom