Hard disk purchase dilemma

masterkd

Padawan
I want to buy a 2TB WD green hard disk(WD20EARS) and it is not available in the local retail shops. So i thought of purchasing it online. Now it is available in Theitwares @ 5.375k(including shipping) and in Lynx @ 4.075k(including shipping and tax)

Now I have some reliability worry. Read somewhere Lynx does not provide proper invoice, don't know about itwares. Moreover how it is so cheap there! which one should I go for??

masach315

War4Peace
Speaking of online buying, you can trust itwares. Some people are advising against Lynx, personally I have had no bad experience with them. But if you are going for Lynx, take the precaution and ask whether the product is in stock and whether the price is as displayed on their website. You can call them by phone or live chat through their website. If they tell you that the product is being ordered and will be available within a week, and if are hurry, you might just skip them. These days, HDD prices are said to have been steadily going up, therefore, the prices might just change if they don't have the product in stock.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^absolutely agree with u mate but i dould wheter those rates r still applicable yesterday it reached 4K for 500Gb in ASSAM & the dealer told me this situation will prevail for at least a month @OP not a good time to purchase Hard Drives buddy

sukant

Fragholic
If i am not mistaken the HDD prices have gone up dont go by the online quotes confirm with the dealer first , 500 gb HDD are supposed to cost somewhere around 4650 bucks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lynx has stopped selling HDDs through online store. Contact ITWares. But I doubt you are going to get it at that price. Currently 500gb ones are selling at over 4k. 2tb ones, if available, would be around 7-8k.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Ok will call the stores..can you guys please post the stores contact numbers..shopping sites are blocked from my office!!

Another query: will the HDD prices come down after 1-2 months??

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
All this makes me believe that harddrive RMA is going to take a REALLY BAD hit and series of LONG delays. Wrong time for anyone's mechanical drives to die.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
All this makes me believe that harddrive RMA is going to take a REALLY BAD hit and series of LONG delays. Wrong time for anyone's mechanical drives to die.

Put that aside. Its bad time for buying hdd, specially who are building their first PC. (they need it)

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
mailed them more than 24hours ago..still no reply..anyone having experience sending mail to itwares??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Why isn't flipkart is in the list of options?

Here you go:
External Hard Disks Price List India: Computer-accessories: Flipkart.com

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Because they sell only external HDDs, and one need internal HDD while building a new rig. and above all one can't install OS on external HDD(s). :p

sukesh1090

Adam young
btw my question is why the hell HDD prices are rising?looks like i am lucky, about 1 week before i got 1TB HDD as replacement for my 500GB HDD from samsung:grin::razz:

Sarath

iDota
^i can't believe you are asking that now :shock: I can't elaborate but I'll just put this here: floods in Taiwan and $ rise

Top Bottom