hard core gaming @ 60k inr

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I agree. And intel doesn't have any cheap 6 cores to counter amd. Next will be the battle between sandybridge and bulldozer. Exciting times heh. What do you say buddy?

Last edited:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
@Jas
Agreed..but u cannot always compromise on performance assuming that other products will be better later on..technology changes rapidly..i dont personally think that from nxt year onwards games will start using multiple cores..and even if they do the number will be small..amd are better mostly because they have much higher stock speeds but intel with low stock speed competes well and, as said by the reviewers, outperforms the competition in games..
Acc. to me "future proof" should not always be preferred if it means compromising on present performance..

mitraark

Decrepit
Yea , the ANandtech review itself said only a few applications like Handbrake etc can actually make good use of the 6 cores now , its not like i5 760 will become obsolete in just a few months time , its very powerful.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
That's why I don't see the reason 760 is getting so much support. Th diff in rendering is much more than diff in gaming.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
Ishu its a 95watt cpu and runs much cooler and has less tdp. These facts also has to be considered. 760 runs at a much lesser stock speed and owing to its lower tdp and heat levels can touch 4ghz in air.

Now if we compare 760 and 1090t @ 4ghz intel will come up with trumps in clock per clock execution. Even tomshardware recommends this cpu at its pricepoint.

CHECK THIS

The power draw is significantly high in thubans and go off the roof when overclocked. Check this.

Even the i5 750 @ 3.75ghz beats phenom 2 x6 1100t @ 4ghz. ARCHITECTURALLY intel is superior and it shows.
Thats why people recommend the 760.

Tomshardware recommended this cpu in its enthusiast pc system marathon builder for sept 2010. Check this out.

Last edited:
OP
imsidz

imsidz

Life is a GAME, So GameON
ok thankzzz

i shall go with amd 1090t!! {since i need gaming-cum-rendering rig}

which is better in gaming 5850 or 6870

or should i wait for 69xx

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
HD 6870 is better than HD5850 esp when you CF it.
I would recommend waiting for 69xx because they might bring price cuts. If you don't want to wait, HD6870 @ 14k.

^^
Ishu its a 95watt cpu and runs much cooler and has less tdp. These facts also has to be considered. 760 runs at a much lesser stock speed and owing to its lower tdp and heat levels can touch 4ghz in air.
Any of the thubans can touch...... no wait , attain stabilty at 4GHz with stock cooler. Get a Aftermarket air cooler and you are set.

Now if we compare 760 and 1090t @ 4ghz intel will come up with trumps in clock per clock execution. Even tomshardware recommends this cpu at its pricepoint.
Anyone can recommend anything. Toms is generally biased towards Intel.

CHECK THIS
TMPenc. I have used that and its slow.
Phenom II X6 1100T BE processor review
Look at the video encoding bench. And Cinebench

Benchmark Results: Applications : AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Review: The New Six-Core Flagship
Look at the handbrake & mainconcept bench
Also look at Autodesk 3ds max

The power draw is significantly high in thubans and go off the roof when overclocked. Check this.
According to that link
1075T @ 3.75 takes 61 extra watts on load but 1 less watt on idle(Than i7 750 @ 3.75). Now how long do you intend to keep you CPU on load?? It will probably be on full load only during rendering, where it will be much faster.
CPUs are nearly idle most of the time. Like when browsing etc.

Last edited:

abirthedevil

In the zone
6870 is better than the 5850, even the 6850 is on par with the 5850 but with a much lower price point

If u can stretch your budget you can wait it out for the 69xx series

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Any of the thubans can touch...... no wait , attain stabilty at 4GHz with stock cooler. Get a Aftermarket air cooler and you are set.

Anyone can recommend anything. Toms is generally biased towards Intel.

TMPenc. I have used that and its slow.
Phenom II X6 1100T BE processor review
Look at the video encoding bench. And Cinebench

Benchmark Results: Applications : AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Review: The New Six-Core Flagship
Look at the handbrake & mainconcept bench
Also look at Autodesk 3ds max

According to that link
1075T @ 3.75 takes 61 extra watts on load but 1 less watt on idle(Than i7 750 @ 3.75). Now how long do you intend to keep you CPU on load?? It will probably be on full load only during rendering, where it will be much faster.
CPUs are nearly idle most of the time. Like when browsing etc.

Nobody is biased towards intel. Its the truth that amd cores lag behind intel in execution times and everybody point this fact. Now to make that up, they are going giving more for less which is a good thing.

But the power levels are what making me rethink. The overclocking results are not at all favouring the amd's. Now you tell me at similar clock speeds what results do you see?

Is the overclocked 1075t able to keep up with 750? - No

Push the i7 and it will decimate everything and will still consume less power.
And why on earth will you overclock your cpu to always run at idle. Even if you game, the cpu is going to be stretched and tdp increases.

I have seen the benches but how much lead it has? Not that much significant i suppose. In real world apps there wont be any significant difference but tdp will make.
I think you should follow toms, xbitlabs & anandtech.

Anyway still 1090t is recommended for the op here since it gives good performance out of the box and its value simply can't be denied. But use a 8+1 phase mobo as its a 125 watt cpu.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
8 + 1 phase isn't needed as the gigabyte is a good quality board and OP isn't going to OC much.

Better be safe than sorry. Things might get disastrous when stretching the cpu at full load in rendering.

Better op should go for the asus board jas suggested as it comes with 8+1 and is some 6.4k if i'm not wrong. The chipset is 870.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i am against an intel purchase right now. since sandy bridge is coming on jan 9 and should be readily avbl by end of next month. so intel only if op can wait.
or he can go for bloomfield as it still has 1 year before phase out.

amd uptil now mantains that new families will definately support am3 and may be even am2+

amd is the one to go for .

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
New AMD CPUs will not support AM3. New Chipset is coming with AM3+ socket that will be compatible with current AM3 CPUs and upcoming AM4 CPUs.

Better op should go for the asus board jas suggested as it comes with 8+1 and is some 6.4k if i'm not wrong. The chipset is 870.

Where is that post (of Jas).

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
You will find that ASUS says "This series also features an extra 1 phase power dedicated to integrated memory/HT controller." Thats because its 4+1 + 4+1 instead of 8+1

[Hootz!] Asus M4A87TD-Evo! - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Check pics here. It "shows" that it is 8+2

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^
The guy wrote himself underneath the pics. Must be a typo.

Its 8+1 & its mentioned in asus official website.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I said "Check the pic" not the text. Count the number of chokes. They are 10 right?

How does 8 + 1 make 10. Its 4 + 4 + 2 = 10

Top Bottom