halo 2 can be played on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkpeerless

In the zone
goodddddd news
google the net to get the pach that will allow halo 2 to run on xp. i dont have the link but anyone can share the link here

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
In fact very old news.Almost all dx10 games available now can be played on xp except for some little effects and eye candy.DX10 is not very refined as of now.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Halo 2 Pc is not DirectX 10.And the patch is illegal.Please do not discuss about such stuff as u might be warned by mods.Google the details and then post.

:)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ive finished bout 60% Halo2 on XP. Its graphics semms terribly low. Why is it so???Is it due to DX limitations in XP??Lost Planet and Dirt looks same on XP nd Vista? den why?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
That's BS. Play it for yourself and see. Its a normal Dx 9.0 game and works MUCH smoother and equally glossy on XP than Vista. Yup, I played them on both, but (nearly) finished the fight on XP. ;)

@aravind_n20 - What's your card? It ran super smooth on my 7600 GT. :?

And if you own the Halo 2 disc, it's not really illegal to play it on XP. Anyone tried the LIVE service? I played a few hours on it, awesome :))

Stalker

Padawan
The_Devil_Himself said:
Dude then why do they call it Vista exclusive?Didn't know about it.
Its just a marketing strategy(i think)......the game is not Dx 10 (Its an xbox port).

aravind_n20 said:
ive finished bout 60% Halo2 on XP.
Which level??......i've reached the level "Uprising".......got slightly boring because of the repititive environments:p....

aravind_n20 said:
Its graphics semms terribly low. Why is it so???Is it due to DX limitations in XP??Lost Planet and Dirt looks same on XP nd Vista? den why?
I dont feel that the gfx are low. Remember, you are playing an xbox game......this is the way it looked on an xbox, which is pretty good for a game of its time...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@QwertyManiac
Me too mave 7600GT. Ive maxed out every details @1280*960 and its very smooth. The walls dun have impressive textures. Only character medels are impressive. There is not much reflection on ny surface, even on the armours in cutscenes.
The GFX is very very similar to Halo1 nd no more.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well the game is BS that's all I can say for this yet another port.The character models & textures are extremely dull & fall pale in comparison to some older games which were there for the PC.I haven't played the game on original Xbox nor am I a fan of the Halo franchise but just for the sake of it gave it a go & was terribly disappointed.Uninstalled after a few frenzy fight scenes.:mad:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
allwyndlima said:
Well the game is BS that's all I can say for this yet another port.The character models & textures are extremely dull & fall pale in comparison to some older games which were there for the PC.I haven't played the game on original Xbox nor am I a fan of the Halo franchise but just for the sake of it gave it a go & was terribly disappointed.Uninstalled after a few frenzy fight scenes.:mad:
I have played Halo 3 and I was a lot Disappointed though it got good reviews.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Halo's Campaign is just cause there has to be a campaign. Its real selling point is in its multi-player. That's where you should be looking! :|

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Halo 3 will probably come to PC when Microsoft releases another version of Windows :lol: And then a thread will rise again "halo 3 can be played on vista" and we'll go through this very same drill again! Finish the fight god-damit! :p

By the way, any ideas on when Halo Wars comes out?

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
QwertyManiac said:
Halo 3 will probably come to PC when Microsoft releases another version of Windows :lol: And then a thread will rise again "halo 3 can be played on vista" and we'll go through this very same drill again! Finish the fight god-damit! :p
LOL!!
Good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom